Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Rant About Greedy Non-Winners

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3854 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2012, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

my nephews are professional musicians,the thing people tend to forget, or not realize in the first place is that a band,especially a succsessful one is a business,you don't really think of it that way because hey here's "these guys on stage having fun"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2012, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

my nephews are professional musicians,the thing people tend to forget, or not realize in the first place is that a band,especially a succsessful one is a business,you don't really think of it that way because hey here's "these guys on stage having fun"

Same thing happens to lottery players.  I've had people who know I play the lottery come up to me and say "Being a lottery player, I know you like to gamble.  I'm selling $10 raffle tickets to support a good cause, how many can I sign you up for?"   They think if I have a dollars or two for lottery tickets then surely I must have plenty to spend  on their worth while cause even thought I've never heard of it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking