Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will the new Powerball break old record jackpot?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 5 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Inland Empire
United States
Member #118116
October 22, 2011
316 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Heh, back in 2010 I had a dream about a long-bearded old man with a white robe and he told me that I would win half a billion dollars in Powerball. And I live in Cali.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2012, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Heh, back in 2010 I had a dream about a long-bearded old man with a white robe and he told me that I would win half a billion dollars in Powerball. And I live in Cali.

That was me.
    I was just messin' with ya.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22863 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2012, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

That was me.
      I was just messin' with ya.

Green laugh

Inland Empire
        United States
        Member #118116
        October 22, 2011
        316 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2012, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I don't think your beard is 3 feet long. Big Grin

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2012, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

I don't think your beard is 3 feet long. Big Grin

Don't bet on it, lol.

--Edmund Burke

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2012, 1:08 am - IP Logged

If it rolls on wednesday night I think it will be around $200 million so I don't think it will climb that fast because I think that their is still people who quit playing when they raised the price.  But if it can get to $300 million in this run we will see more players come out and try their $2.  Me I like to get the most for my money so I play $3.  Good luck!-weshar75

You were right on the money weshar75! It rolled right to $200 million. Now can I get your predictions for Saturday's drawing?    Type

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: February 2, 2012, 9:04 am - IP Logged

You were right on the money weshar75! It rolled right to $200 million. Now can I get your predictions for Saturday's drawing?    Type

Nobody here wins again??????

Hey, I have my $2 in for the next 4 drawings.......

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2012, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Anyone buying the new add that odds are better and more millionaires.......anyone??...

Pure luck

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2012, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Anyone buying the new add that odds are better and more millionaires.......anyone??...

You betcha' hook......line....... & sinker!!! YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring me to my millionaire home Powerball.....with your improved odd's & jackpot!!!!!   Hyper

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2012, 3:11 am - IP Logged

February "06" was the largest Powerball jackpot to date, won by eight Nebraska meat workers. ($365 million). With the new structure and added ticket cost, doe's anyone think that this record will fall? How soon? It's already at $170 million now!   Banana

When (if ever) or at what jackpot level will you reluctant players start forking over $2 to play?    What?    Roll Eyes

It's been almost 6 years and we haven't seen that level again, but with lower interest rates it doesn't have to go that high to reach the same cash value. Figuring the cash value back then was around $190 million, an advertised jackpot would offer a bigger cash jackpot at about $305 million today. Two more rolls will certainly come close, and 3 would definitely do the trick. 3 rolls  would have apretty good chance of passing the advertised value of 365. As a really rough aproximation, figure there's better than a 60% chance we'll see two rolls, and about a 1 in 3 chance of 3 rolls.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: February 3, 2012, 3:12 am - IP Logged

Sure. Some of the people who are still buying tickets.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: February 3, 2012, 7:59 am - IP Logged

It's been almost 6 years and we haven't seen that level again, but with lower interest rates it doesn't have to go that high to reach the same cash value. Figuring the cash value back then was around $190 million, an advertised jackpot would offer a bigger cash jackpot at about $305 million today. Two more rolls will certainly come close, and 3 would definitely do the trick. 3 rolls  would have apretty good chance of passing the advertised value of 365. As a really rough aproximation, figure there's better than a 60% chance we'll see two rolls, and about a 1 in 3 chance of 3 rolls.

Hey pretty good math Floyd. Time will tell. Roll Eyes

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: February 3, 2012, 8:20 am - IP Logged

Will the powerball make above the 365 in 3 more rolls ??? Looking at the increases they are doing over the last 3 rolls I am not convinced. I dont believe it would be at 365 in 3 more rolls ( based on the 170 mil - 200 mil increase last time )..it will be interesting to see how much of an increase on 200 milllion if theres a rollover this time...............Besides, I bought the winning ticket already.    Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2012, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Will the powerball make above the 365 in 3 more rolls ??? Looking at the increases they are doing over the last 3 rolls I am not convinced. I dont believe it would be at 365 in 3 more rolls ( based on the 170 mil - 200 mil increase last time )..it will be interesting to see how much of an increase on 200 milllion if theres a rollover this time...............Besides, I bought the winning ticket already.    Thumbs Up

You have to add in all the cheapskates coming out of the woodwork and wiping the cobwebs off their wallets and investing their dollar... whoops!... I mean TWO dollars now that it's over 200 million.

They're salivating at the thought of having that money in the bank and never touching it (or the interest) for the rest of their lives.

--Edmund Burke

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                              NYC
                              United States
                              Member #117984
                              October 19, 2011
                              1843 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2012, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

It's hard to tell. Maybe, maybe not. For some reason, there may be a winner this Sat. Not saying it's me (lol) but it's about that time.