Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball at $2.00 - If play, how mouch have you won?

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 5 years ago by JADELottery.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

It you play the new Powerball, how much have you won?

$0.00 [ 27 ]  [51.92%]
$4.00 [ 7 ]  [13.46%]
$7.00 [ 6 ]  [11.54%]
$12.00 [ 5 ]  [9.62%]
$14.00 [ 3 ]  [5.77%]
$100.00 [ 3 ]  [5.77%]
$10,000.00 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
$40,000.00 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Millions Prize [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Jackpot Prize [ 1 ]  [1.92%]
Total Valid Votes [ 52 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  

United States
Member #9579
December 12, 2004
2121 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2012, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

if i win at all,it's usually on the powerball x 4 etc..hardly ever get 3 numbers even using experts predictions doesn't work the week i use them.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5762 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2012, 9:20 am - IP Logged

Texas started a new promotion today. Buy $10 powerball plays on the same ticket and get a free QP with the powerplay. Seems a bit odd to have a promotion less than a month after the matrix change.

Maybe sales aren't all they had hoped?

Yeah, I thought that was a little strange too. I wonder if other states are doing the same thing. I haven't had time to check to see.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #66774
      November 5, 2008
      319 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2012, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I thought that was a little strange too. I wonder if other states are doing the same thing. I haven't had time to check to see.

I can tell you that South Carolina is not doing that. Congrats to whomever won in Rhode Island.

Rehab is for quitters.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3094 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2012, 12:00 am - IP Logged

I have won 0 since the change and I am going to win less this year because I decided to wait for the jackpots for the multi-state games to climb and then play.  I think that $200 million is a nice starting point so I will wait for that to happen.  Good luck!-weshar75

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
          Member #122235
          January 27, 2012
          172 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2012, 8:44 am - IP Logged

GL to you too Weshar.

Won $14 since Nov 23 across 5 tickets (2 OLD PB, 2 MM, 1 TXL). Nothing to claim just yet on the new PB game. I am just going to let it ride on my two regular sets of numbers, one of them I've been playing off and on again since '95. I see no need to go beyond those two except for the occasional QP. Best I ever got was 4 balls on a QP in our state lotto back in the late 90's.

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #114703
            August 5, 2011
            4623 Posts
            Posted: February 13, 2012, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

hey all, noticed the multiplier rip off too, I used to play the pb alot too, no longer-one or 2 tickets a draw for me that's it...it was a bit of a let down, to see no more multiplier-as someone earlier pointed out eight dollars isn't much more than 4, but it was exciting when the mulitplier times 5 came up even if all you had was the powerball match..

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
              NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              12118 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2012, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Haven't won anything since the change. I won $8 just before the change on a $2 ticket.

I have a feeling most of the people that said they quit playing because of the cost are starting to jump back in now that the jackpot is getting up there.

I don't care what the jackpot is, I keep playing because whatever it may be, it's get out of debt/instant retirement if I win. To me, that's worth $2.

I start spending my $2 when the jackpot gets to $100 millions annuity.When the starting jackpot was $20 millions annuity I used to start playing it at $40 millions annuity, that's the reason they increased the ticket price to $2 and the starting jackpot.They did not want players like me to get a free ride.I still get the free ride by starting to play at $100 millions annuity.

I have won $4 twice, but I am playing for the jackpot or a second prize.

DC81's avatar - batman39
                MI
                United States
                Member #54830
                August 31, 2007
                985 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2012, 7:14 am - IP Logged

I just got around to checking the Powerball ticket for Saturday's drawing that I accidentally asked for Friday instead of a Mega Millions ticket that I meant to ask for, I decided to buy it along with the MM one and I won $100! Most I've ever won with any lottery game. For once my paranoia on this sort of thing paid off. Banana Wish it was 3+1 on my MM ticket though. LOL But I'm more than happy. I almost didn't go out to buy any due to it being last minute and crappy weather.

I usually don't play until the cash option reaches a certain amount and that amount is now more than double for PB and I'm still only buying one ticket until it gets even higher. The new PB prize structure is annoying.

You can't predict random.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2012, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I just got around to checking the Powerball ticket for Saturday's drawing that I accidentally asked for Friday instead of a Mega Millions ticket that I meant to ask for, I decided to buy it along with the MM one and I won $100! Most I've ever won with any lottery game. For once my paranoia on this sort of thing paid off. Banana Wish it was 3+1 on my MM ticket though. LOL But I'm more than happy. I almost didn't go out to buy any due to it being last minute and crappy weather.

I usually don't play until the cash option reaches a certain amount and that amount is now more than double for PB and I'm still only buying one ticket until it gets even higher. The new PB prize structure is annoying.

WTG DC81.

I like hearing all the stories about mistake tickets winning and there's been a lot of 'em.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2012, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Now next time you go out in crappy weather to get your Powerball ticket, (on a Friday of course) Youv'e got to will yourself really hard to get just one more winning # (5+0). Then you'll be really dancing!!!   BananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                      adelaide sa
                      Australia
                      Member #37136
                      April 11, 2006
                      3316 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2012, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Did I say GRATZ already DC?

If not, congrats, thats a nice haul. Even nicer as it was a mistake. Some of my wins are like that. Not supposed to happen, but for some reason they do. :)

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #55889
                        October 23, 2007
                        5762 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2012, 8:35 am - IP Logged

I start spending my $2 when the jackpot gets to $100 millions annuity.When the starting jackpot was $20 millions annuity I used to start playing it at $40 millions annuity, that's the reason they increased the ticket price to $2 and the starting jackpot.They did not want players like me to get a free ride.I still get the free ride by starting to play at $100 millions annuity.

I have won $4 twice, but I am playing for the jackpot or a second prize.

"They did not want players like me to get a free ride."

Yeah.... they all those changes with YOU in mind. LOL. Me thinks you are a tad delusional.

Soooooo, you think the person(s) who just won is whining about $2 a ticket? Do you think if someone wins "only" the starting jackpot might whine about $2 for a ticket? How about second prize? Someone here won a 100 bucks. He's pretty happy.

It's a lottery game with real high odds. Pay your money and take your (small) chances, or don't.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2012, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

if i win at all,it's usually on the powerball x 4 etc..hardly ever get 3 numbers even using experts predictions doesn't work the week i use them.

Try them the week before.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                            The Quantum Master
                            West Concord, MN
                            United States
                            Member #21
                            December 7, 2001
                            3684 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2012, 7:47 am - IP Logged

Not many winning..?

Also seems like not many playing with the lagging jackpot growth.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                            Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                            Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                            Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                            Wisdom is Not Censored
                            Douglas Paul Smallish
                            Jehocifer

LA, CA
                              United States
                              Member #123485
                              February 22, 2012
                              22 Posts
                              Posted: February 23, 2012, 9:22 am - IP Logged