$250 MILLION: Powerball lottery jackpot ramps up

Feb 5, 2012, 7:50 am (118 comments)

Powerball

By Todd Northrop

There was no jackpot winner in the Saturday night drawing of the multi-state Powerball game, causing the grand prize to increase to an estimated $250 million for Wednesday's drawing.

Saturday was the 12th consecutive drawing without a jackpot winner.

The estimated cash value for the new jackpot is $156 Million.  After-tax cash and annuity prize amounts are reported state-by-state at USA Mega, a web site devoted to the Powerball and Mega Millions multi-state lottery games.

Players should note that jackpot amounts are conservative estimates provided by the lotteries, and are often somewhat higher by the time the drawing occurs.

Even though there were no jackpot winners, 5 lucky players matched the first 5 numbers for a $1,000,000 prize: 1 from Arizona, 1 from Colorado, 1 from Florida, 1 from New York, and 1 from North Carolina.

Two of the second-prize tickets — from Colorado and Florida — were purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1, and their prizes were increased to $2 million each. 

This is the first drawing in which a player won second prize with the Power Play since the Powerball prize structure changed on Jan. 18.

50 tickets matched four white numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000.  Of those tickets, 7 were purchased with the Power Play option, increasing the prize to $40,000.

The Powerball winning numbers for Saturday, February 4, were 15, 23, 43, 45, and 56, with Powerball number 7.

When a Powerball ticket is purchased with the Power Play option for an extra $1 per ticket, any non-jackpot prize is increased according to a fixed prize schedule, which can be found on the Powerball Drawing Detail page at USA Mega, as well as on the Powerball Prize Payouts page at Lottery Post.

Powerball is now played in 42 states, plus the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings are Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time.  Tickets cost $2 each.

Powerball lottery results are published within minutes of the drawing at USA Mega.

Lottery Post Staff

Comments

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

1/2 way to $500M Group Hug

will it go to $1 Billion Dollars?

mcginnin56

Hmmmm..............quarter of a Billion. In my humble state of NH, taking the lump sum would translate to $117 Million, after no state taxes.

Coincidentally that's exactly the amount I calculated that would see me through my retirement, including all the toy's and taking care of a select few of my real "friends" and "family".

I believe I will continue to play........what do I have to lose??? Oh right,..... $2.   Crying

If this rolls again Wednesday...........another $70 Million???...........perhap's to $320 Million???    Eek

Roll on littl' doggie..........ROLL ON!!!   Crazy

TheRightPrice

Lots of money grubbing greedy people out there. Evil LookingEvil Uhh I'm not surprised that we finally now see the 2 million dollar winners.Evil UhhEvilEvil Looking I'm certain there will be more 2 million dollar winners for Wednesday with a Jackpot so high.Evil UhhEvilEvil Looking

Good luck to all!

Also , please note that there was NO $1 million dollar winners in Florida or Colorado, these persons won the $2 million dollar prize with Powerplay.

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

well color me seriously annoyed........

but my guess is inspite of slightly better odds I tink its gonna set the new record b4 they'll let someone win

money eyes

NoShame's avatarNoShame

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Feb 5, 2012

well color me seriously annoyed........

but my guess is inspite of slightly better odds I tink its gonna set the new record b4 they'll let someone win

money eyes

It will be insane but should be fun.  I'm gonna wait for the jackpot a little bit to buy my tickets just for kicks.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

OK .............. $101,000,000 + after 35% ..................... Dance

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Quote: Originally posted by NoShame on Feb 5, 2012

It will be insane but should be fun.  I'm gonna wait for the jackpot a little bit to buy my tickets just for kicks.

Well if you don't get a play in for the next two drawings, your waiting is going to be a bit too late unless you are looking to jump in when the jackpot rolls back down to 40 million!  I will be happily looking at my winning ticket for a few weeks while I take care of prior commitments (yup, just because I am going to win the jackpot does not mean I just quit my obligations), meet with my team of lawyers and accountants, and get a medical checkup (hey, getting a physical examination is just as important as making sure you got all your financial ducks in a row...don't believe me, then just ask the family of that big Mega Millions lottery win from Michigan who died of an apparent heart attack some years ago just 3 or 4 years after hitting it big!).  Then I would call Springfield to set up a news conference, purchase a plane ticket and book a limousine to pick me up at the airport, check in at a nice hotel there, and then come in the following day for the claiming process.  I figure if I be the spoiler to win within the next two drawings, I would likely claim the prize in March (nope, I won't be waiting a long time as curiousity only intensifies with each passing month).  Now when I do win, I am torn between using a deguise of Jamaican dreadlocks and that typical touristy Caribbean knit cap or a Obama mask.  But there has been a guy going around robbing places using the latter disguise, so I think I won't do that...plus, there are people in Illinois who worship the man, so I may be asking for trouble (and liberals call conservatives bullies...look at me feeling bullied by the libs!).

But should I not be the spoiler and the jackpot continues to roll and reach astronomical record levels, I won't buy any additional tickets besides my subscription and an advanced play (I travel to places where I can't play the lottery).

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 5, 2012

OK .............. $101,000,000 + after 35% ..................... Dance

Well DP, I can honestly believe with that kind of after tax win, I could comfortably make all close family members/friends millionaires. Then throw a big shindig for all LP contributors and ship Rdgrnrs still,  in advance for show - n - tell !!!!!

Piaceri

I am actually glad to see this roll. Texas has a free qp + pp starting today for every $10 pb purchases.  Time for a Texas PB win!White Bounce

And I'd like to see this one as my win, seeing as how I'm-a gonna win a jp anyway.  So many possibilities! 

Good luck to all my LP friends! May the winner be one of us... hopefully me, but...  Hippy

Reign22

I also believe that this jackpot is going to keep rolling (hey, they have to back up their claims for bigger jackpots or the whole marketing scheme would be a flop!)....to around $400 million (just over their all-time high of $365m) then it will hit. However, I think the best is yet to come...I anticipate a huge jackpot in excess of $500 million later this year. 

I'm not spending a dime until it nears this level!

ryanm

Yeah, I think the jackpot will keep rolling too, because the jackpot increases the same amount for half as much tickets sold, so the chances of a rollover are double for the same increase.  I do have a feeling that this year will be the year Powerball produces a record CASH jackpot, especially since they've eliminated the match 5 bonus pool feature.

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Feb 5, 2012

I am actually glad to see this roll. Texas has a free qp + pp starting today for every $10 pb purchases.  Time for a Texas PB win!White Bounce

And I'd like to see this one as my win, seeing as how I'm-a gonna win a jp anyway.  So many possibilities! 

Good luck to all my LP friends! May the winner be one of us... hopefully me, but...  Hippy

Well Pia while I hope you do win, I am sorta leaning towards a FL winner(namely meeeeee)....Besides we just had one of the first  new 2 million dollar powerplay winners..... Thats gotta be a sign of better things to come !!!!  Big Smile

Piaceri

Thank you Dana.  It if hits Fla, I'm rooting for you.  Dance

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Feb 5, 2012

Well if you don't get a play in for the next two drawings, your waiting is going to be a bit too late unless you are looking to jump in when the jackpot rolls back down to 40 million!  I will be happily looking at my winning ticket for a few weeks while I take care of prior commitments (yup, just because I am going to win the jackpot does not mean I just quit my obligations), meet with my team of lawyers and accountants, and get a medical checkup (hey, getting a physical examination is just as important as making sure you got all your financial ducks in a row...don't believe me, then just ask the family of that big Mega Millions lottery win from Michigan who died of an apparent heart attack some years ago just 3 or 4 years after hitting it big!).  Then I would call Springfield to set up a news conference, purchase a plane ticket and book a limousine to pick me up at the airport, check in at a nice hotel there, and then come in the following day for the claiming process.  I figure if I be the spoiler to win within the next two drawings, I would likely claim the prize in March (nope, I won't be waiting a long time as curiousity only intensifies with each passing month).  Now when I do win, I am torn between using a deguise of Jamaican dreadlocks and that typical touristy Caribbean knit cap or a Obama mask.  But there has been a guy going around robbing places using the latter disguise, so I think I won't do that...plus, there are people in Illinois who worship the man, so I may be asking for trouble (and liberals call conservatives bullies...look at me feeling bullied by the libs!).

But should I not be the spoiler and the jackpot continues to roll and reach astronomical record levels, I won't buy any additional tickets besides my subscription and an advanced play (I travel to places where I can't play the lottery).

Hey OldSchool, have a gander at the spfxmasks. Those things are so realistic its creepy.

dunk

guess that means were only 2 or 3 drawings away from a heafty 400,000,000.00 annuityEek  Id be replacing my mailbox with a trashcan if i hit that.

ecnirP's avatarecnirP

I was wondering at what point I would get back in to buying Powerball tickets after they raised their prices. Apparently I found it, and it's $250M. USAMega's Powerball Jackpot Analysis tells me that's $110,214,000 with cash-payout and after taxes. I would like to thank all the people who have built the jackpot up to that amount for me in my absence. See Ya!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by ecnirP on Feb 5, 2012

I was wondering at what point I would get back in to buying Powerball tickets after they raised their prices. Apparently I found it, and it's $250M. USAMega's Powerball Jackpot Analysis tells me that's $110,214,000 with cash-payout and after taxes. I would like to thank all the people who have built the jackpot up to that amount for me in my absence. See Ya!

You're welcome!

LuckyDrew's avatarLuckyDrew

chances are higher but no one has hit yet!!! give me a break!!!

sandia's avatarsandia

It did not hit yesterday, the jackpot that is. Now it is in a range give or take, should it have been through the consecutive rollovers, at half the current ticket price. I expected the rollover to have been a bit higher. The executives failed to execute their well intentioned plan, I suppose. Nonetheless, not many people will turn their nose on the lovely jackpot price, the increase in ticket price be darned!

Best of luck, should it not hit this coming wednesday, I will like to see a rollover be increased MORE significantly.

Thinking of...

TheRightPrice

Green laughBS

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I just bought my two tickets for wednesday with powerplay so come on $2 million or jackpot.  Good luck to all who play.-weshar75

maringoman's avatarmaringoman

I was wondering if I was the only one who stayed away after the changes. Good luck man!

NoShame's avatarNoShame

I can't imagine one person winning a jackpot if it surpassed $400million.  It would likely go to a large pool or multiple persons.

rad242

I can't imagine one person winning a jackpot if it surpassed $400million.  It would likely go to a large pool or multiple persons.

I agree!

Kumo's avatarKumo

Not to mention remaining anonymous. The winner(s) may attempt keep his/her mouth shut on the subject, but with that much money, there is bound to be someone that will uncover their secret.

Surrender 

A name change and a move to another state might be in order to preserve one's sanity.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

seeing you have a subscription, i hope you win the 250M  next draw, and the $40M  the following week,

just for the giggles.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Actually, statistics show that pools very rarely win compared to individuals.

And when they do it's always a big nightmare getting your money.

Carl8080

Bought one 2 dollars quick pick and I got

15 as the first number of the white row, and 7 as the red ball . I almost had a heart attack this morning because it looks like I had it, but then again it was a total winning of 4 dollars.

gogidolim

Hey Ridge, now it's your chance to own your personal nuclear arsenal. :D

Quote: Originally posted by Carl8080 on Feb 5, 2012

Bought one 2 dollars quick pick and I got

15 as the first number of the white row, and 7 as the red ball . I almost had a heart attack this morning because it looks like I had it, but then again it was a total winning of 4 dollars.

Heart attacks are bad whether you are rich or poor.  I know the thought of coming into such a huge amount of money can be unsettling for some people, which is why I always check to see if the jackpot was hit, and if so, where right away before I even look at my tickets and compare them to numbers drawn.  That way, I know whether or not I still have a chance or if I am going to say, "Oh well, maybe next drawing..." kind of like Cubs fans say every year the Cubs either don't make the pennant race or fall short in infrequent World Series appearance...can America say, "Bartman for President!!!"?  Of course, when it isn't hit, I just say, "Good deal" and go about my business as usual...same as I would if it were hit.  $110 million....$20 million...either sum of money is just fine in my books, though admittedly, the larger would be preferred, of course! 

Now when the jackpot is hit, Illinois has had so few jackpot winners.  So I am usually saying, "Doggone IN....FL....NC....PA....OK....ID....LA!"  But truthfully, it doesn't matter since I know my day is coming soon to be holding that winning ticket.  And I have had a moment to re-think my declaration to go very public with a media conference.  Although I am not afraid of saying no to all freeloaders, I do realize that there are people in this world who wake up each day intent on either taking advantage of someone or even killing someone.  By going public, I would be one Google or Wikipedia search away from some bad guy getting the info needed to size me up.  So it looks like I will claim in a blind trust, but because I don't trust other people to handle my money, I would be there at the press conference in disguise.  I would be sure to hire the best makeup artist money could buy and only disclose my get up with the lottery folks ahead of time.  They might not like it...but oh well and good luck in LP land for the next drawing.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by gogidolim on Feb 5, 2012

Hey Ridge, now it's your chance to own your personal nuclear arsenal. :D

Nah, I'm a conventional weapon kinda guy, lol.

I might consider some really radical conventional weapons though, like that 905 in jarasan's blog.

Bet I could make skunk soup with one shot with that dadgum thing.

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

Quote: Originally posted by Reign22 on Feb 5, 2012

I also believe that this jackpot is going to keep rolling (hey, they have to back up their claims for bigger jackpots or the whole marketing scheme would be a flop!)....to around $400 million (just over their all-time high of $365m) then it will hit. However, I think the best is yet to come...I anticipate a huge jackpot in excess of $500 million later this year. 

I'm not spending a dime until it nears this level!

The PB record isn't really $365 milion. Those winners (like almost all winners) took the cash value. Interest rates at that time were a lot higher, and the cash value was just under $180 million. With todays interest rates the cash value will pass that at about $270 million. Unless sales are far lower than they expect, a roll will probably push it well beyond that. At $2 we don't know what changes we'll see with the people who aren't really lottery players but take a chance when it gets really big. Sales may be off a bit from historic trends, but I'll guess it will be advertised at $315ish and have a cash value of about $205 million or so.

The increase suggests that they're expecting sales of about 51 million tickets. At that level the chances of a rollover are better than 70%. That's good, but still far short of a sure thing. With MM at "only" 32 million I'll probably go ahead and get a ticket while the getting is reasonably good. As a very rough guess there's about a 1 in 5 chance it will roll 3 times and pass the $500 million mark.

FWIW, I'm critical of the advertising hype, but the "bigger" jackpots refers to average jackpot values. Putting twice as much money towards the jackpot at only slightly reduced odds makes that an absolute certainty. A new record is also more likely than it has been, but it's still a longshot each time a new roll starts.

VenomV12

I never understood people that are so paranoid about their identity being revealed if they win the lottery. If you are that paranoid, don't play, problem solved. 

There are thousands of people worth hundreds of millions and even billions of dollars all over this country and all over the world and they exist just fine. Most of them live in regular homes with no gates, no guards and drive regular cars and go regular places like everyone else. 

And who cares if people ask you for money? There is a simple solution to that, TELL THEM NO. You say it enough times, they will stop asking.

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

Anybody out there consider taking the annuity with this level of payout? Just curious...

mcginnin56

No.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Feb 6, 2012

Anybody out there consider taking the annuity with this level of payout? Just curious...

Hell no, if the democrats win, they'll come up with some excuse to take it away from ya.

And even if they don't take it away, they'll bring about the collapse of the dollar anyway.

Land's cheap and they ain't makin' anymore of it.

Load up on good bottom land.

Quote: Originally posted by VenomV12 on Feb 6, 2012

I never understood people that are so paranoid about their identity being revealed if they win the lottery. If you are that paranoid, don't play, problem solved. 

There are thousands of people worth hundreds of millions and even billions of dollars all over this country and all over the world and they exist just fine. Most of them live in regular homes with no gates, no guards and drive regular cars and go regular places like everyone else. 

And who cares if people ask you for money? There is a simple solution to that, TELL THEM NO. You say it enough times, they will stop asking.

Difference being all those billionaires/millionaries don't have their name and hometown shown in neon lights on local/national television, in print media and of course across the internet, where it lives forever. I wouldn't consider it paranoia; I would consider it a wise decision that basically leaves you alone to share the news of your good fortune with those you and you alone choose to share that information with.

VenomV12

Quote: Originally posted by rdgrnr on Feb 6, 2012

Hell no, if the democrats win, they'll come up with some excuse to take it away from ya.

And even if they don't take it away, they'll bring about the collapse of the dollar anyway.

Land's cheap and they ain't makin' anymore of it.

Load up on good bottom land.

OMG people like you crack me up. 

The Republicans spend trillions of dollars on defense and other contracts, where do you think that money comes from, out of the thin air?

Newsflash, they want your money just as bad, more actually.

Tax rate is the lowest rate it has ever been and more guns have been sold then ever, but yeah right, Democrats are taxing us more and taking away our guns..

Do you people every pick up a book or read a newspaper?

BTW, if the dollar is collapsing it is because companies have sent lots of jobs overseas to other countries like China, including Wal Mart probably the biggest offender, which just happens to be owned by Republicans.

VenomV12

Difference being all those billionaires/millionaries don't have their name and hometown shown in neon lights on local/national television, in print media and of course across the internet, where it lives forever. I wouldn't consider it paranoia; I would consider it a wise decision that basically leaves you alone to share the news of your good fortune with those you and you alone choose to share that information with.

So let me get this straight, no one knows who the billionaires and multi-millionaires are in this country and where they live?

No one knows about all the pro athletes, musicians and actors and what they make in salary or anything?

All the Fortune 500 executives that are on TV all the time and whose salaries and bonuses are reported in the Annual Reports or reported on CNBC, no one knows about them either?

And these guy's homes are frequently posted on multiple celebrity and other real estate blogs, but no one knows where they live, right?

Or those two little magazines called Forbes and Fortune, I guess no one reads those either. 

If A Rod can sign an almost $300 million contract and walk around town, I think a nobody like you will be just fine if you win $10 million or so.

So let me get this straight, no one knows who the billionaires and multi-millionaires are in this country and where they live?

No one knows about all the pro athletes, musicians and actors and what they make in salary or anything?

All the Fortune 500 executives that are on TV all the time and whose salaries and bonuses are reported in the Annual Reports or reported on CNBC, no one knows about them either?

And these guy's homes are frequently posted on multiple celebrity and other real estate blogs, but no one knows where they live, right?

Or those two little magazines called Forbes and Fortune, I guess no one reads those either. 

If A Rod can sign an almost $300 million contract and walk around town, I think a nobody like you will be just fine if you win $10 million or so.

Well, Venom (wow, you sound really dangerous and stuff) , you appear to be the type who'd enjoy telling the world about your big winnings, so post your name and address on here after hitting it large, and invite us all to your grand party to celebrate. LOL

Simba774

Illinois keeps showing that new PB commercial. Okay you keep saying this state will see more winners, then let me hit it on wednesday! Let Feb. 8 2012 be the day my life changes forever. "There was one jackpot winner sold by the Illinois lottery." Not NY, not Cali or Mass, but the Illinois lottery. We would keep quite and start packing the next day. Even though we're not going public, I still don't believe we should stay in our old place until we find a new house. We're moving into a new apartment until we find a new home. It's much safer. Too many people know us. We want to go shopping, get legal help, drop our jobs like a bad habit and friends and neighbors are going to wonder what's going on. You we cannot risk that.

Simba774

I never knew Mansions and Penthouses were considered regular homes since only wealthy people live in them and they cost millions. Yes, it's usually a gate around their mansions and they have protection. I don't know who told you having lots of money does not put one in danger or most rich people don't live different from the rest of us. You think you can just go and knock on Warren Buffett's door and ask him for butter?

mcginnin56

Actually you probably could go knocking on Warren's door for butter. Although one of the world's richest men, he still resides in a very modest 5 bedroom stucco un-gated home in Omaha, Nebraska in which he originally paid only $31,000. He is also known to be a very down to earth man among his neighbor's.

Oh and while your there, would you mind terribly asking him if he could also spare an egg or two? I'm baking a celebration cake for myself for this Wednesday's Powerball, which I intend to win. The recipe calls for six eggs, I have only four.

Thank you ever so much!   Lovies

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

We had an office pool for the PB drawing on Saturday.  It's the first time in over 10 years we have done it.  We had 17 of the 27 employees get in on it.  I would expect that since the JP went up, so will the participation number.

For those interested, we didn't win anything.  Didn't even have 2 number on one line.  No Nod  But with the increased JP is increased hope! Hurray!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by NightStalker on Feb 6, 2012

We had an office pool for the PB drawing on Saturday.  It's the first time in over 10 years we have done it.  We had 17 of the 27 employees get in on it.  I would expect that since the JP went up, so will the participation number.

For those interested, we didn't win anything.  Didn't even have 2 number on one line.  No Nod  But with the increased JP is increased hope! Hurray!

Were they all just quick pick's?

cgraphix1's avatarcgraphix1

Hmmm, Annutiy or Lump Sum??? Personaly, I think I'd take the Annuity. On average that comes out to $694,444 Per MONTH for the next 30 years! Yeah, I suppose I could live off that. Forget taking the Lump Sum, and than trying to double your money, when there is a guaranteed way to pull in a Quarter Billion...

Heck, I just hope that me and whoever hits the jackpot have the same Numbers picked out!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by cgraphix1 on Feb 6, 2012

Hmmm, Annutiy or Lump Sum??? Personaly, I think I'd take the Annuity. On average that comes out to $694,444 Per MONTH for the next 30 years! Yeah, I suppose I could live off that. Forget taking the Lump Sum, and than trying to double your money, when there is a guaranteed way to pull in a Quarter Billion...

Heck, I just hope that me and whoever hits the jackpot have the same Numbers picked out!

You seem to forget that the Democratic Regressives want to raise taxes and punish the wealthy !

I say lump sum all the way ............... and it should necessarily go to an "evil Republican" like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (one winner please, to drive the nuts like Dennis Kucinich over the edge)

2010 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport - Click to see full-size photo viewer 

being part of the Newly Green($$$$$) 1% ............. Priceless !!!!!!!!

This is not being extravagant ....... I just want to preserve a piece of history Cool

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

I am taking the annuity after I win. Over $5 million a year after taxes. I can't begin to spend that.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by fwlawrence on Feb 6, 2012

I am taking the annuity after I win. Over $5 million a year after taxes. I can't begin to spend that.

Not if the Democrats get their wish to punish the "1%" , the Greed of Envy Mad would take 90% if they could! Not to mention the very real possibility of the devaluation of the $!

Socialism breeds mediocrity ........................

This needs to go to one person in a lump sum ................. drive the dingbats batty! Crazy

and yes ....... I am a big spender ............ $4 on the chance for a $101,000,000 + wire tranfer to my bank account ................ Dance

fwlawrence's avatarfwlawrence

Now to go and pick up my $100 I won on a scratch-off I bought yesterday.

GambleToRamble

I would love to see this jackpot go to a large pool...    a large pool in my new backyard!!!

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

If there isn't a winner this time, whats the next increase going up to ? Over 300 ?....aint happenin, since I purchased the winning ticket !!!    Lump sum, here I come  Thumbs Up

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by GambleToRamble on Feb 6, 2012

I would love to see this jackpot go to a large pool...    a large pool in my new backyard!!!

I Agree!  Thumbs Up Priceless

LottoGuyBC's avatarLottoGuyBC

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Feb 6, 2012

If there isn't a winner this time, whats the next increase going up to ? Over 300 ?....aint happenin, since I purchased the winning ticket !!!    Lump sum, here I come  Thumbs Up

prolly btwn $300M & $315M Smash

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 6, 2012

Not if the Democrats get their wish to punish the "1%" , the Greed of Envy Mad would take 90% if they could! Not to mention the very real possibility of the devaluation of the $!

Socialism breeds mediocrity ........................

This needs to go to one person in a lump sum ................. drive the dingbats batty! Crazy

and yes ....... I am a big spender ............ $4 on the chance for a $101,000,000 + wire tranfer to my bank account ................ Dance

Amen DP....pay my taxes now, watch the pooooolice and the taxman catch me....Im MOBILE   Drum

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Amen DP....pay my taxes now, watch the pooooolice and the taxman catch me....Im MOBILE   Drum

I would increase my moblility with a 2012 991 Carrera S !

and as you can see, I am dressed very nicely! That is really me in the pic! Big Grin

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I would increase my moblility with a 2012 991 Carrera S !

and as you can see, I am dressed very nicely! That is really me in the pic! Big Grin

I am sorta partial towards that new Acura NSX that I saw during the superbowl ....funny thing, so is my kid (rotten lil monster)...already put in the demand for it when I win...Cant even get a new toy and the offspring wants it !!!!  I'll trick em though and buy a used 79 chevy chevette and hide it under a car cover in the garage saying its the only birthday present I am buying ..uncover it on that joyous day and watch the facial expressions  go from being extatic to looking like they are headed to the barn to shovel cow poo !!!! Red Devil  Naughty

First of all, I mainly distrust certain Americans because of their blind allegiance to the human messiah, the great transformer, the illegitimate NP prize winner. But paranoid? Not at all. The difference between my current and future lifestyle and that of a lot of Americans is that I travel to places and come into contact with people who are seeking a big payout somehow. They view foreigners as people with deep pocket, and should they somehow find out about my wealth, bad things would likely happen to me. I love traveling and meeting the local people where they live...not staying in just a 5 star hotel or all-inclusive resort. I also won't have bodyguards hanging with me, and that my friend VenomV12, would be the difference between me and those wealthy celebrities and athletes. Except for the most iconic businesses, business people are largely incognito, as they may be wealthy but not largely known to the whole world.  Another difference between even known wealthy business people and lottery winners is that people somehow view earned/investment wealth differently from luckily acquired riches.  I don't think people come knocking on Bill Gates or Warren Buffetts door looking for a loan or grant for their 'business' idea!
The main reason I will claim the prize less publicly is because I still desire to travel with the masses on commercial airplanes. What will change is I would no longer use public ground transportation when visiting developing countries.

And when I win, I will claim the jackpot in lump sum...again going back to my distrust of American intelligence in voting for true leaders. I will be sure to buy the nicest foreign sports cars greenbacks can buy...and that will be as close I get to being green since I have been green, environment conscious as far back as I can remember (I purchased a little gas sipper that got 40 miles to the gallon when BIG was the in thing wrt cars, SUVs, and trucks).

Kumo's avatarKumo

Well, Venom (wow, you sound really dangerous and stuff) , you appear to be the type who'd enjoy telling the world about your big winnings, so post your name and address on here after hitting it large, and invite us all to your grand party to celebrate. LOL

If there is a $1,000,000. door prize, I am so going to be there, lol. Big Grin

"I never understood people that are so paranoid about their identity being revealed if they win the lottery. If you are that paranoid, don't play, problem solved. 

And who cares if people ask you for money? There is a simple solution to that, TELL THEM NO. You say it enough times, they will stop asking."

I would not call it being paranoid, but more along the lines of good old fashioned common sense, carefull planning and preservation. Most folks that would remain anonymous have friends, clubs and organizations that they would like to continue hanging out with. That would surely change if they were to go public. If I won something, I do not want to have to put a friend or associate in the position of myself having to tell them no and then seeing the disappointment and resentment on their face.

Just to tell someone no, it might seem that simple but it really isn't. Just have a look at the list of lottery failures that have had major falling outs with their family, have commited suicide or have even been murdered for their money. Some of them might have started off with the intention of saying no to everyone, but it takes just fulfilling one request. Word of their good deed spreads and the next thing you know, everyone is approaching for a hand out. You might be able to handle turning these requests down for a few weeks or so, but it will soon get very draining on your psyche. I don't care how bulletproof someone thinks they are, I've got my own set of steel testicles, but even I am not that reckless.

Except for a few politicians, financial analysts and other upper middle class types, a vast majority of jackpot winners come from the poor and middle class. They don't have the daily hands on experience of managing large sums of money or the fame and publicity that comes with it. There's also a huge difference between the 1% and jackpot winners, they built their wealth up slowly over time by playing a smart game. History shows that friends and family usually don't go nuts when the results are not so immediate.

"Why play the game then?" most of us have a dream of managing "The Dream" carefully so it lasts us for the rest of our lives, not to mention to be able to pass it down through our children and grandchildren.

For some of the above reasons, is why I do not get my hopes up of reading a success story down the road of lottery winners that chose to go public. If you can beat the odds stacked up against you, more power to ya.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Being concerned for the security of yourself and your family is not being paranoid!

I had one of Barry Sorento's minions tell me that he had the right to come to my house and "Take what I want"! And I live in my $35,000 "starter house" ........... not exactly living like the "1%"

Drum

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Feb 6, 2012

Actually you probably could go knocking on Warren's door for butter. Although one of the world's richest men, he still resides in a very modest 5 bedroom stucco un-gated home in Omaha, Nebraska in which he originally paid only $31,000. He is also known to be a very down to earth man among his neighbor's.

Oh and while your there, would you mind terribly asking him if he could also spare an egg or two? I'm baking a celebration cake for myself for this Wednesday's Powerball, which I intend to win. The recipe calls for six eggs, I have only four.

I remember reading an article where the property was currently appraised at $750,000. Even in that case it's still a middle class home in many of the major metropolitan centers of the country. I was paying $1100 per month on a very small studio apartment (1 room, small kitchen, full bath) when I lived in the DC area a couple of years ago.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Feb 6, 2012

I remember reading an article where the property was currently appraised at $750,000. Even in that case it's still a middle class home in many of the major metropolitan centers of the country. I was paying $1100 per month on a very small studio apartment (1 room, small kitchen, full bath) when I lived in the DC area a couple of years ago.

It is up to the eventual winner/s to live as they please ............ no matter what life style they choose .......... it will be their money! Jealousy and Envy will try to dictate whether they are living as "regular" people!

If you want a "new" used F-150 & a new modular home, that is fine ............... as for me ............. I will keep some of the persons that provide luxury items employed and enjoy prosperity as I wish! After all, this is still kinda The United States of America!

US Flag

Remember, if the Evil Corporate Jets that Evil CEO's use are eliminated, the regular people that build, maintain & fly those Evils Jets will be out of work!

And no, I am not going to purchase a jet ....... this is the 21st Century & you lease or purchase frac ownership of some kind!  Big Grin Santa Christmas in February ............

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by LottoGuyBC on Feb 6, 2012

prolly btwn $300M & $315M Smash

I would say more like $320M; lotto fever will be kicking in come Wednesday.   Lep

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Feb 6, 2012

It's okay Kumo........... Warren and/or his wife will still be very excited to help us out with the butter/eggs for my victory cake!      Party

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

It is up to the eventual winner/s to live as they please ............ no matter what life style they choose .......... it will be their money! Jealousy and Envy will try to dictate whether they are living as "regular" people!

If you want a "new" used F-150 & a new modular home, that is fine ............... as for me ............. I will keep some of the persons that provide luxury items employed and enjoy prosperity as I wish! After all, this is still kinda The United States of America!

US Flag

Remember, if the Evil Corporate Jets that Evil CEO's use are eliminated, the regular people that build, maintain & fly those Evils Jets will be out of work!

And no, I am not going to purchase a jet ....... this is the 21st Century & you lease or purchase frac ownership of some kind!  Big Grin Santa Christmas in February ............

I hear ya DP, the war dept( aka the wife) has said she wants to go get a new vehicle just for the sake of being able to write a check out that day. She said she will purchase it from the sales person that treats her the nicest. Guess that is sorta being footloose and fancy free with money.....For me, it will be  houses in 3-5 states (gotta make the rounds and share the wealthNaughty ).......Don't want to stay in one place too long, maybe 2-4 months..besides, after doing all that buying and furnishing of new places it should assist keeping a few folks employed..Then I will get serious about spending !!!!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I hear ya DP, the war dept( aka the wife) has said she wants to go get a new vehicle just for the sake of being able to write a check out that day. She said she will purchase it from the sales person that treats her the nicest. Guess that is sorta being footloose and fancy free with money.....For me, it will be  houses in 3-5 states (gotta make the rounds and share the wealthNaughty ).......Don't want to stay in one place too long, maybe 2-4 months..besides, after doing all that buying and furnishing of new places it should assist keeping a few folks employed..Then I will get serious about spending !!!!

Someone that understands ........... how refreshing ...........................

I like very large homes, but would be happier with the privacy that would be afforded to me by purchasing somewhat smaller homes in multiple locations ........... perhaps 1 at "the lake", 1 in the southwest, 1 near "the ocean" &/or 1 near my "hometown" ............ mind you, I am not talking singlewides, but when you purchase too big there are too many people around to help maintain the property.

I am thinking nothing more than 5,000 square feet (before anyone gets too excited, this does not say every place will be this large). Friends and family will have "a free place to go."

A small number of classic & rare cars would hit the spot. Maybe try one of those 35 hour frac ownership Jet cards for the first year! Multiple people will remain employed. And I have some other ideas for "new Jobs" ................. have to be very careful though .................

Kumo's avatarKumo

US Flag

Oh I hear ya DP, I was just reinforcing MC's arguement that Mr. Buffett leads a relatively modest lifestyle.

I've had a dream to eventually build my own relatively modest 5 bedroom home, complete with a small family theater, gym and gaming/LAN room tucked away in the basement. I'd have to pay the contractor extra to reinforce the structure to withstand our clay rich Texas soils. My major challenge would be in making it look like I built up my wealth over time to remain a faceless winner.

"It's okay Kumo........... Warren and/or his wife will still be very excited to help us out with the butter/eggs for my victory cake!

Don't forget to overnight  a slice of that cake to my home MC, I'll send thank you letter's to both you and Mr. Buffet. :D

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

I have to agree on a lake home, and maybe one up in the Mtns on 100 acres someplace where I can spot a Bigfoot Poke and do some hunting and fishing. Snowmobiles, ATVs, mancave,,,Peace n quiet or invite the family/friends over for a big "shindig"......That gal that won the l112 mill a few years ago from CA and gave a 3rd to her brother & father, walked away with 22.5 mil and she was looking at a used jet for 5 mill.....I was thinking that on this jackpot after taxes I could get one of those toys without batting an eye..oh why not ???  Only live once....after taxes $101,000,000.00......10% on toys, 40% to live on, 5% on houses, 10% to give to family n friends and 35% to various charities....That should work..but I am open to suggestions   Hurray!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

The Republicans spend trillions of dollars on defense and other contracts, where do you think that money comes from, out of the thin air?

Tax rate is the lowest rate it has ever been and more guns have been sold then ever, but yeah right, Democrats are taxing us more and taking away our guns..

BTW, if the dollar is collapsing it is because companies have sent lots of jobs overseas to other countries like China, including Wal Mart probably the biggest offender, which just happens to be owned by Republicans.

Ahh Jeeeze, another whining, malcontented, ne'er-do-well, democrat loser. And this one's extra stupid.

Whatsamatter bunky, food stamps run out already?

Do you ever read what you write?

How about this beauty?   -----> "...more guns have been sold then ever..."

And you think that's because democrats are Pro Second Amendment? You really have no clue, do you?

Run along Numbnuts, I think that guy you like on PMSNBC is on - Rachel Mancow.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Ahh Jeeeze, another whining, malcontented, ne'er-do-well, democrat loser. And this one's extra stupid.

Whatsamatter bunky, food stamps run out already?

Do you ever read what you write?

How about this beauty?   -----> "...more guns have been sold then ever..."

And you think that's because democrats are Pro Second Amendment? You really have no clue, do you?

Run along Numbnuts, I think that guy you like on PMSNBC is on - Rachel Mancow.

I Agree!  rdgrnr ............ you are so very wise ...................... Bash let them know the truth !

.......... and actually, before that Progressive Demon, Woodrow Wilson, there was no income tax! So taxes have been allot lower .................

I like facts .................

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

"Well, Venom (wow, you sound really dangerous and stuff)..."

LOL    Good one Arrowhead, LMAO!

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

I would say more like $320M; lotto fever will be kicking in come Wednesday.   Lep

1>2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ON d>>>>>>>ROAD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

"GREED IS ON MY MIND" >>>again>>>$$

Jack-in-the-Box

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Feb 6, 2012

First of all, I mainly distrust certain Americans because of their blind allegiance to the human messiah, the great transformer, the illegitimate NP prize winner. But paranoid? Not at all. The difference between my current and future lifestyle and that of a lot of Americans is that I travel to places and come into contact with people who are seeking a big payout somehow. They view foreigners as people with deep pocket, and should they somehow find out about my wealth, bad things would likely happen to me. I love traveling and meeting the local people where they live...not staying in just a 5 star hotel or all-inclusive resort. I also won't have bodyguards hanging with me, and that my friend VenomV12, would be the difference between me and those wealthy celebrities and athletes. Except for the most iconic businesses, business people are largely incognito, as they may be wealthy but not largely known to the whole world.  Another difference between even known wealthy business people and lottery winners is that people somehow view earned/investment wealth differently from luckily acquired riches.  I don't think people come knocking on Bill Gates or Warren Buffetts door looking for a loan or grant for their 'business' idea!
The main reason I will claim the prize less publicly is because I still desire to travel with the masses on commercial airplanes. What will change is I would no longer use public ground transportation when visiting developing countries.

And when I win, I will claim the jackpot in lump sum...again going back to my distrust of American intelligence in voting for true leaders. I will be sure to buy the nicest foreign sports cars greenbacks can buy...and that will be as close I get to being green since I have been green, environment conscious as far back as I can remember (I purchased a little gas sipper that got 40 miles to the gallon when BIG was the in thing wrt cars, SUVs, and trucks).

Venom's a moron. I highly doubt in the history of lottery play there's a winner who regretted staying anonymous. The flip side of that is strewn with people who were leached upon and had lives disrupted, if not ruined.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

I Agree!  rdgrnr ............ you are so very wise ...................... Bash let them know the truth !

.......... and actually, before that Progressive Demon, Woodrow Wilson, there was no income tax! So taxes have been allot lower .................

I like facts .................

I keep tryin' dpoly1, but sometimes it's like what the Warden said in Cool Hand Luke: 

"What we got heah... is a failyeah to communicate.... some men... you jest cain't reach."

And that's the way it is with true libs - it's a mental defect - they honestly believe the nonsense that they spew. They're incapable of rational thought and they're easily influenced and/or indoctrinated by slick politicos who prey on their hyper-emotional, touchy-feely psyches.

Venom (ooooh! scary! lol) probably just got off the bus from Palookaville himself and is eager to spew his leftwing loon philosophy like it's not something we haven't heard and disproved a million times already.

He's probably cramming up on The Ed Show (High-Brow Lib Programming, LOL) right now and then it's off to HuffandPuffington or Moveon or one of the other hate-sites that America-haters go to for their talking points.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by psykomo on Feb 6, 2012

1>2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ON d>>>>>>>ROAD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

"GREED IS ON MY MIND" >>>again>>>$$

Jack-in-the-Box

In the word's of OUR HERO Gordon Gekko, from "Wall Street"; GREED IS GOOD!!!

I'm with you on that psykomo, it's never enough!!! ( Expletive) only  $500,000,000,000.00 only

$1,000,000,000,000,000.00 will do.       Cheers    Party Banana

i

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Please ............... I have to win ............... I have allot of time on my hands and no money to fill it (the time, that is) $101,000,000 + in the bank would be so very soothing .............

FYI:

Wealth is not Greed ........ Wealth is Opportunity! Jester

Thank you kindly for all of the donations ...........

Simba774

I know he's doesn't live lavish, and you still cannot get to him that easily. You cannot get to wealthy people easily. I was watching the Super Bowl yesterday and you cannot get the Giant CEOs easily. The Walton family either.  I'll send you a slice of my cake because you're not going to win the big one. That's going to me.

luckydoc

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Feb 5, 2012

Thanks for the Luck Piaceri - I wish you the same.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Simba774 on Feb 6, 2012

I know he's doesn't live lavish, and you still cannot get to him that easily. You cannot get to wealthy people easily. I was watching the Super Bowl yesterday and you cannot get the Giant CEOs easily. The Walton family either.  I'll send you a slice of my cake because you're not going to win the big one. That's going to me.

Oh please don't bother yourself............. my big slice will taste so much better especially after I have won.!!!  There are thousand's of "celebrities" you can get to, including SB athletes, just need the right hook, line and sinkers!

Walmart........go to China. Then you can pay your overworked, underpaid, slave driven 3rd class citizens only $3/hour to make you Multi- Trillionaires.

Along with the Apple electronic products/computers all being produced by Chinese teens working 80+ hours/week..........committing suicide by jumping from their 5 story buildings.

China's solution???.................install saftey nets surrounding the buildings to catch the suicide jumpers. Give medical/physiological aid to those in need.  No Workman's comp/no union representation.

This is not a joke....google or watch media outlet for details.

dk1421's avatardk1421

Quote: Originally posted by CDanaT on Feb 5, 2012

Well DP, I can honestly believe with that kind of after tax win, I could comfortably make all close family members/friends millionaires. Then throw a big shindig for all LP contributors and ship Rdgrnrs still,  in advance for show - n - tell !!!!!

I want to go to that shindig!!!! I'd love to take a sip of Rdgrnrs moonshine!

Lukep

LoveI can only imagine how much difference i can do with all that money. Omg! Just thinking about it only make me think I already win it. I'm going to drop $30 On quick picks ticket  on wednesday. I know there is great luck out there. I will keep believing that I will be the sole winner or share this staggering jackpot with somebody else. matter of fact, I really don't mind sharing it with four or more people. But Iguess no more than three people ever win a jackpot. Hey you never know maybr it might happen for the first time. Never say never. Good luck to evryone who playing. And when you win, don't let the money change who you are. Stay true to yourself and give to the less fortunate ones so the money can be bless.

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

let the numbers be 1 2 3 4 5 pb 6 , see how many share a win

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Oh please don't bother yourself............. my big slice will taste so much better especially after I have won.!!!  There are thousand's of "celebrities" you can get to, including SB athletes, just need the right hook, line and sinkers!

Walmart........go to China. Then you can pay your overworked, underpaid, slave driven 3rd class citizens only $3/hour to make you Multi- Trillionaires.

Along with the Apple electronic products/computers all being produced by Chinese teens working 80+ hours/week..........committing suicide by jumping from their 5 story buildings.

China's solution???.................install saftey nets surrounding the buildings to catch the suicide jumpers. Give medical/physiological aid to those in need.  No Workman's comp/no union representation.

This is not a joke....google or watch media outlet for details.

I saw a show like that. The Chinamen are building their factories with company stores and apartments all in one highrise so the employees never have to leave the building. They live, work and shop all in the same building. No wonder they jump out the windows.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by dk1421 on Feb 6, 2012

I want to go to that shindig!!!! I'd love to take a sip of Rdgrnrs moonshine!

Well we won't uncork that jug til you git there, dk!

Chug-a-lug chug a lug
Makes ya wanna holler hidy hoe
Burns yer tummy don'tcha know
Chug-a-lug chug-a-lug

kyokushin187's avatarkyokushin187

wow! that sounded racist. that's why you'll never win, and just dream about the I possible.

mcginnin56

I saw a show like that. The Chinamen are building their factories with company stores and apartments all in one highrise so the employees never have to leave the building. They live, work and shop all in the same building. No wonder they jump out the windows.

Exactly. The biggest offender is the Chinese electronics giant Foxconn. The majority of all US electronics are subcontracted to these human rights violators. Apple, along with other computer companies can skirt these issues because of this practice.

It is not uncommon for these young Chinese teens to work up to 34 hour shifts. Many have deformed hands, carpel tunnel syndrome and other work related injuries because of the sheer intensity involved. Foxconn views the suicide nets, beatings for those that do not perform their quotas, and extremely low pay as just a common business practice to keep their customers happy and filthy rich. Dead

kapla

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Feb 7, 2012

Exactly. The biggest offender is the Chinese electronics giant Foxconn. The majority of all US electronics are subcontracted to these human rights violators. Apple, along with other computer companies can skirt these issues because of this practice.

It is not uncommon for these young Chinese teens to work up to 34 hour shifts. Many have deformed hands, carpel tunnel syndrome and other work related injuries because of the sheer intensity involved. Foxconn views the suicide nets, beatings for those that do not perform their quotas, and extremely low pay as just a common business practice to keep their customers happy and filthy rich. Dead

Good point - we turn a blind eye to the fact that all these 'cheap' dollar store/electronic goods have a HUGE human cost and no one wants to listen.   Rather than pay the TRUE cost to have it made here, we think we are getting a bargain.  And we wonder why there is so much unemployment here. 

Hopefully the winner of Powerball will invest in American goods and products.

US Flag

Yes that is a shame when you compare that to our mostly unionized 8 to 10 hour shifts at attractive wages and benefits.  But having been around the world and knowing that unemployment rate in some African countries and even Mexico is over 50 percent, and even the unemployment rate in China is starting to rise, I am sure there are many people who would happily work 34 hour shifts just to have a paying job.  I am not saying it is right, but you have to understand it is a matter of supply and demand...and right now, the supply of workers exceeds the demand of legitimate paying jobs.  That is why America and the world needs to get off the moral high horse of allowing certain business activities while prohibiting others.  By doing that, unemployment rate all around the world will drop dramatically, tax revenue sources will increase, and the gap between the wealthy and poor can truly start to be closed.  I am sure some analytical person will pick apart my statements but I don't have time nor do I think you want me to elaborate on my position...as if it really matters.  Besides, it looks like we are going to get another 4 years of trillion dollar deficit spending DESPITE the fact America is out of Iraq, plans to downsize the military and scale back ops in Afghanistan...looks like that money that was going to DoD is now being funneled to suspect green energy companies, additional federal agencies, and healthcare reform. 

May I win NOW so I can move to Switzerland (along with all my millions)!!!Rant  On second thought, I am sure I can find a Caribbean island that I can establish residency and move my cash there until the coast is clear of the drama in Washington.  I hate snow and you know how even just an inch of snow paralyzes our nation's capitol.  Gridlock!  TRAGIC I tell you!

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Feb 7, 2012

Yes that is a shame when you compare that to our mostly unionized 8 to 10 hour shifts at attractive wages and benefits.  But having been around the world and knowing that unemployment rate in some African countries and even Mexico is over 50 percent, and even the unemployment rate in China is starting to rise, I am sure there are many people who would happily work 34 hour shifts just to have a paying job.  I am not saying it is right, but you have to understand it is a matter of supply and demand...and right now, the supply of workers exceeds the demand of legitimate paying jobs.  That is why America and the world needs to get off the moral high horse of allowing certain business activities while prohibiting others.  By doing that, unemployment rate all around the world will drop dramatically, tax revenue sources will increase, and the gap between the wealthy and poor can truly start to be closed.  I am sure some analytical person will pick apart my statements but I don't have time nor do I think you want me to elaborate on my position...as if it really matters.  Besides, it looks like we are going to get another 4 years of trillion dollar deficit spending DESPITE the fact America is out of Iraq, plans to downsize the military and scale back ops in Afghanistan...looks like that money that was going to DoD is now being funneled to suspect green energy companies, additional federal agencies, and healthcare reform. 

May I win NOW so I can move to Switzerland (along with all my millions)!!!Rant  On second thought, I am sure I can find a Caribbean island that I can establish residency and move my cash there until the coast is clear of the drama in Washington.  I hate snow and you know how even just an inch of snow paralyzes our nation's capitol.  Gridlock!  TRAGIC I tell you!

Stooges I.R.S. snoops...BHO lovers....can't you take a joke?!!!  Why on Earth would I want to leave the beauty and stability of America to go to a region battered by seasonal hurricanes?  Why would I want to live somewhere where there is no snow, the beaches are beautiful, and the women absolutely gorgeous?  Why would I want to trade that for the wonderful seasonal weather of America, the beaches in a state about to fall into the ocean or get consumed by annual wildfires or the beaches of a state where I am more likely to get run over by a senior citizen than get attacked by a shark, and the sight of a multitude of Scooter Store mobility devices lugging obese women around Wal-Mart?  I would gladly pay 30 percent in taxes for the privilege of knowing those tax dollars bought the incumbent president air time during the Super Bowl and to constantly get chastised about how people like me paying 85 percent of government taxes is not fair to those not paying much of anything in taxes.  I love you Obama.  Can all the funny men in Utah and San Francisco say it together with me, "We love you Obama!" Now vogue and strike a pose!

Just channeling my inner Richard Pryor/Eddie Murphy/Dave Chappelle!!!ROFL

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Stooges I.R.S. snoops...BHO lovers....can't you take a joke?!!!  Why on Earth would I want to leave the beauty and stability of America to go to a region battered by seasonal hurricanes?  Why would I want to live somewhere where there is no snow, the beaches are beautiful, and the women absolutely gorgeous?  Why would I want to trade that for the wonderful seasonal weather of America, the beaches in a state about to fall into the ocean or get consumed by annual wildfires or the beaches of a state where I am more likely to get run over by a senior citizen than get attacked by a shark, and the sight of a multitude of Scooter Store mobility devices lugging obese women around Wal-Mart?  I would gladly pay 30 percent in taxes for the privilege of knowing those tax dollars bought the incumbent president air time during the Super Bowl and to constantly get chastised about how people like me paying 85 percent of government taxes is not fair to those not paying much of anything in taxes.  I love you Obama.  Can all the funny men in Utah and San Francisco say it together with me, "We love you Obama!" Now vogue and strike a pose!

ROTFLOLing!

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Actually, if you move to Barbados or Aruba, you are pretty much spared the Hurricanes!

Good Luck Mon .................. Tommy Bahama here I come ........................

$101,000,000 + in paradise

It will be 5 o'clock 24/7/365 ..................

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 7, 2012

Actually, if you move to Barbados or Aruba, you are pretty much spared the Hurricanes!

Good Luck Mon .................. Tommy Bahama here I come ........................

$101,000,000 + in paradise

It will be 5 o'clock 24/7/365 ..................

Hope you make it to the Bahama's dpoly!..........send us a postcard if you should find the time.  What?   Sun Smiley

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Hope you make it to the Bahama's dpoly!..........send us a postcard if you should find the time.  What?   Sun Smiley

Tommy Bahama is premium brand of clothing etc ........... but I would most likely visit to see how it is there!

I will take pictures!

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Pass on the Bahamas, tommy or otherwise.....may have to take a trip to Costa Rica or New Zealand  after spending several $$ in the good ole USA

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by dpoly1 on Feb 7, 2012

Tommy Bahama is premium brand of clothing etc ........... but I would most likely visit to see how it is there!

I will take pictures!

How ignorant of me! I guess I've never worn Tommy Bahama garments in recent times. I will check out the malls tomorrow!!!   Hyper

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

How ignorant of me! I guess I've never worn Tommy Bahama garments in recent times. I will check out the malls tomorrow!!!   Hyper

Take lots of money ....................

You will see why the lottery helps with a Tommy Bahama collection!

WesternRedDoug

I suppose if you are one of those that puts discretion and anonymity on the top of your priorities list, this would be great night to sneak off with the MM jackpot... Granted it'll be 1/10th the prize. If only you could figure out how to claim it the same week the eventual PB winners come forward.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Feb 6, 2012

wow! that sounded racist. that's why you'll never win, and just dream about the I possible.

What sounded racist?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by WesternRedDoug on Feb 7, 2012

I suppose if you are one of those that puts discretion and anonymity on the top of your priorities list, this would be great night to sneak off with the MM jackpot... Granted it'll be 1/10th the prize. If only you could figure out how to claim it the same week the eventual PB winners come forward.

"the same week the eventual PB winner OR winners come forward."

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Quote: Originally posted by WesternRedDoug on Feb 7, 2012

The Greed of Envy Occupy Wall Street crowd will still find you, because they have the "right" !

BBLL's avatarBBLL

If nobody when in the next 3 powerball how much will the jackpot be ? I know next saturday is the 6 year anniversity of Powerball largest jackpot at $365 million.

Brcebrce

$100 million lump sum. That time agian. I got 2 tickets. Good luck to me. Does anyone else think about what they will do if they win when they fill out the slips?

Kumo's avatarKumo

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Feb 7, 2012

If nobody when in the next 3 powerball how much will the jackpot be ? I know next saturday is the 6 year anniversity of Powerball largest jackpot at $365 million.

No one can say with certainty, but if it were to roll 2 more times with no winner, we would very likely tie or break the old record.

Wed. Feb. 08, 2006 - $210M

Sat. Feb. 11, 2006 - $250M - up $40M from previous draw

Wed. Feb 15, 2006 - $300M - up $50M from previous draw

Sat. Feb 18, 2006 - $365M - up $65M from previous draw

PrisonerSix

Quote: Originally posted by BBLL on Feb 7, 2012

Isn't that the drawing Jack won? Don't be a Jack.

kyokushin187's avatarkyokushin187

I was referring to mcginni's comment about Asians.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by kyokushin187 on Feb 7, 2012

I was referring to mcginni's comment about Asians.

Are your referring to how China (the country not the people), are violating the human rights of their youngest workers?

How is that racist.  What?

kapla

Quote: Originally posted by Kumo on Feb 7, 2012

No one can say with certainty, but if it were to roll 2 more times with no winner, we would very likely tie or break the old record.

Wed. Feb. 08, 2006 - $210M

Sat. Feb. 11, 2006 - $250M - up $40M from previous draw

Wed. Feb 15, 2006 - $300M - up $50M from previous draw

Sat. Feb 18, 2006 - $365M - up $65M from previous draw

Wow how strange today is the 8th and we are @ 250M ... almost the same as 2006... 

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

Were they all just quick pick's?

Yeah, they were all quick picks.  I do not want the responsibility of picking the numbers for the group.  It is one thing to gamble with my money, but much more stressful using someone else's.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by NightStalker on Feb 8, 2012

Yeah, they were all quick picks.  I do not want the responsibility of picking the numbers for the group.  It is one thing to gamble with my money, but much more stressful using someone else's.

Statistically, most wins including lotto pools, are with QP's. Just gotta keep on pluggin away.  Dance

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

The dpoly1 lottery pool has 5 quick picks ............... more than usual, but I wanted to ...........

Sun Smiley

Wealth is not greed ....... it is opportunity Patriot

rad242

Quote: Originally posted by kapla on Feb 8, 2012

Wow how strange today is the 8th and we are @ 250M ... almost the same as 2006... 

Things that make you go hmmm...

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

Hello, OldSchoolPa, perhaps now would be a good time to flip your Illinois purchased Powerball ticket over.  You'll need to read and realize that you can't use a mask (and probably not a colorful wig), because a person who signs the ticket is agreeing to the above paragraph that contains a sentence which reads:  "grants permission to use his/her name and LIKENESS in Lottery advertising."

Remember, that each STATE gets to write and ENFORCE what is required in their prize claiming process.  If one covers up and/or disguises their "LIKENESS" they may not receive their prize.  OldSchoolPa, in this case it may be a bad idea to be a creative claimer ... just do EACH thing that is necessary to receive the $$$; the $$$ to you is the most fun way to begin a more "creative" lifestyle.

Noel So, don't hide your "likeness," less the lottery headquarters cite such to LEGALLY never transfer your ticket's prize $$$!

HaveABall's avatarHaveABall

I Agree!, VenomV12, what you said is an example of you being a good general observer, in regards to the political repercussions of hiring expensive, yet ultimately unhelpful, government employees. 

If one observes what "leaders" have done (apparently, doesn't matter which party they had been half or non-heartedly affiliated with) with monies received from county, state, and federal tax residential spenders; not much has been beneficial to the populace these past 120+ years!

That is the reason that fewer 18-100 year old people are taking time out of their schedule to vote or support those who run for ANY office.  That is also the reason why I've been entertaining the idea of reduced government employees, raises, and unmonitored actions.  If these positions can't become totally eliminated, then perhaps a reduction would be okay for the United States of America, which are currently bankrupt or near bankrupt.  It's a bad idea to hire employees and then not be able to fire them for not doing their job and/or ignoring their work and seeking for the next "promotion" (which they won't learn and excel at either)!  It's been a depressing, exhausting, and demeaning treadmill.  Nobody knows how to jump off and thus end the insanity that our Founding Fathers started?

What?

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Take the cash! The entities that hold the "guarantied" annuities, can go broke!  And the Dollar can crash! A friend of mine saw a $ trillion bill in Zimbabwe, and the money has an expiration date!
$101,000,000+ wire transfer in 4 to 6 weeks, here in Pennsylvania!

Lukep

Tonight Imma win the Jackpot! woooooo. Here is the number thats gonna come out 02 07 12 31 39 28

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

and for Saturday ............ Dance

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Simba774

Dear Santa. I'm sorry to bother you while you're on vacation, but it's time for us as in my family to win this! I promise I will not blow the money. That's not even in me. I will admit some years back, my parents, not me(I was still too underage to play) would have definitely blew the money, but they're smarter and live better lifestyles now. I just want a luxury apartment in the sky, a black on white drop top(outside black, inside white) some more pets and a new wardrobe to go with my old one of course.Bed

CDanaT's avatarCDanaT

Now at 310 Million !!!!!!!!................$125 million( and change) after taxes !!!!!..........   I can live comfortably on that   Naughty

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story