Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are there currently any open source lottery softwares?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 years ago by CajunWin4.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122734
February 7, 2012
1 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:18 am - IP Logged

I have my own way of tracking lottery numbers, but I want to write my own program that reflects my method. I have learned the basics of programing on a number of different languages, but I am having trouble using my beginners knowledge to start coding a working lottery software. Does anyone know of any open source lottery softwares that analyze lottery statistics over just wheeling that I can study and maybe learn backwards by looking at the source code. Also I prefer not to use Excel or spread sheets as I don't think they can accomplish what I am after. 

Thank you for any help in the right direction.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
    Member #2815
    November 18, 2003
    502 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2012, 5:03 am - IP Logged

Not sure if you ever find one as open source. My advice is really to start developing your own structures. Reading someone else's code will be quite error-prone to decipher and might not be the best starting guide for your particular needs. Try to separate the entities involved and define the structures needed first. At the bare minimum, you should end with a class that serves as keeping track of the lottery draws which can be queried to give draw #x. Then another class (your method of tracking numbers) will contain your analysis logic and will query that draw class. It might look overwhelming to start from scratch a new program but as soon as you have the basic entities working everything will look much easier. The difficult task is really to define properly those entities invlolved to make development easier. Finally, choose a language that you are comfortable with.

lottoarchitect

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3300 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2012, 7:11 am - IP Logged

sourceforge is open source place for projects that have many people contribute.

i aint upto programmeing, but i m happy to go and grab some software from time totime

http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:windows/?q=lottery

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2012, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

I have my own way of tracking lottery numbers, but I want to write my own program that reflects my method. I have learned the basics of programing on a number of different languages, but I am having trouble using my beginners knowledge to start coding a working lottery software. Does anyone know of any open source lottery softwares that analyze lottery statistics over just wheeling that I can study and maybe learn backwards by looking at the source code. Also I prefer not to use Excel or spread sheets as I don't think they can accomplish what I am after. 

"I have learned the basics of programing on a number of different languages"

If you've already done that then all you need to know is how to create a random access file with the dates and combinations of previous drawings and you'll be ready to start coding.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1663 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Pretty hard to learn to learn the basics of programming without doing some programming. Catch-22, yeah?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3102 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2012, 4:23 am - IP Logged

Source code for Lottery Cracker 1-5 from the author at . . .

http://www.rawcomputing.co.uk/crackersource.html

IMHO you would need to know how to win lotto to program software to automate your steps. 

BobP

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3962 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2012, 4:47 am - IP Logged

BobP

I still have VB3 and VB4 on a old machine, do you know if this program was any good

before I take the time to look it over.  I could maybe update/add US game support.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3102 Posts
                Posted: February 9, 2012, 6:08 am - IP Logged

For the UK 6/49 it had a unique routine where it put 48 of 49 numbers onto a 6x8 grid with some user choices as to odd/even, etc.   I could do the same in CoverMaster taking the previous made groups into account building the next instead of each standing alone so I never did much beyond approve it for a link back.  The other charts were just the same old and not much of it.   The World version randomizes the 6x48 style grid for all games without the user settings, just a cheap wave of the hand toward the UK version.

For someone without any idea what programming goes into a lottery program, the basics of a database and charting are there to work with. 

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: February 10, 2012, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Pretty hard to learn to learn the basics of programming without doing some programming. Catch-22, yeah?

I Agree!  I can pretty much write a program to do anything using GWBasic and do since I'm still using WindowsXP but I downloaded a free copy of Just Basic which runs in newer versions of Windows and while I understand all its commands, I still can't write a program using it.  One of the days I'll just have spend the time programming using it until I can.

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1663 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2012, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  I can pretty much write a program to do anything using GWBasic and do since I'm still using WindowsXP but I downloaded a free copy of Just Basic which runs in newer versions of Windows and while I understand all its commands, I still can't write a program using it.  One of the days I'll just have spend the time programming using it until I can.

RJOh,

Not familiar with Just Basic.

The guy who wrote the Little Devil program used Liberty Basic. I tried copying and pasting that to QB64. Holy-Moley! It was like a new error every line. I gave up.

I thought all Basics were the same, but that one spit out errors from line 1. Nothing against Liberty Basic. Or Just Basic. And you know I started with a Tandy and GW-Basic. So we're on the same wavelength. I'm so ancient I still have programs with LINE NUMBERS laying around. LMAO 

I do like QB64. Looks like QuickBASIC 4.5 and haven't had any problems running stuff written with it on my 2003 XP Compaq.  It runs on my XP without DOSbox or any compatability adapter.

You have me wondering what other BASICS are like now. I'll have to check out Just Basic.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2012, 9:01 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

Not familiar with Just Basic.

The guy who wrote the Little Devil program used Liberty Basic. I tried copying and pasting that to QB64. Holy-Moley! It was like a new error every line. I gave up.

I thought all Basics were the same, but that one spit out errors from line 1. Nothing against Liberty Basic. Or Just Basic. And you know I started with a Tandy and GW-Basic. So we're on the same wavelength. I'm so ancient I still have programs with LINE NUMBERS laying around. LMAO 

I do like QB64. Looks like QuickBASIC 4.5 and haven't had any problems running stuff written with it on my 2003 XP Compaq.  It runs on my XP without DOSbox or any compatability adapter.

You have me wondering what other BASICS are like now. I'll have to check out Just Basic.

Just Basic is a short version of Liberty Basic produced by the same company that sells Liberty Basic.  They claim any program written using it will run in Liberty Basic and all the routines you learn using it can be used with Liberty Basic.  Since it was free and included a tutorial I thought I would try learning it before ordering a copy of Liberty Basic.  I've look at several Basic languages and other high level languages and while I understand their commands, I can't program using them.  Microsoft gives away copies of its Small Basic which is easy to use and it works with Windows 7 but I can't do much with it.

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #4549
                        May 2, 2004
                        1663 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2012, 3:37 am - IP Logged

Just Basic is a short version of Liberty Basic produced by the same company that sells Liberty Basic.  They claim any program written using it will run in Liberty Basic and all the routines you learn using it can be used with Liberty Basic.  Since it was free and included a tutorial I thought I would try learning it before ordering a copy of Liberty Basic.  I've look at several Basic languages and other high level languages and while I understand their commands, I can't program using them.  Microsoft gives away copies of its Small Basic which is easy to use and it works with Windows 7 but I can't do much with it.

RJOh,

Looked at Just Basic for awhile. I like that it has a free form GUI. Didn't figure out how to set the displayed values. Loaded one of the programs I shared here. Wouldn't run. The debugger works line by line. It doesn't process the the whole program at once. Find an error....correct....find....correct.....and go to the next....

It would take some getting used too.

Looked at Small Basic too. It's cute. It's colorful. Simple. Ran same program. Wasn't happy I had to copy and paste the program into the work area. Small Basic has a limited ext of .smallbasic. Who would've thought of that?

It did list the errors and told what they were. I liked the intellisense that offers options based on the first letter.

But, I'm biased. Still I'd go with Small Basic. You have Microsoft support, forum at MSDN, API is relative to VB and it is built on .NET framework.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: February 19, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Looked at Just Basic for awhile. I like that it has a free form GUI. Didn't figure out how to set the displayed values. Loaded one of the programs I shared here. Wouldn't run. The debugger works line by line. It doesn't process the the whole program at once. Find an error....correct....find....correct.....and go to the next....

It would take some getting used too.

Looked at Small Basic too. It's cute. It's colorful. Simple. Ran same program. Wasn't happy I had to copy and paste the program into the work area. Small Basic has a limited ext of .smallbasic. Who would've thought of that?

It did list the errors and told what they were. I liked the intellisense that offers options based on the first letter.

But, I'm biased. Still I'd go with Small Basic. You have Microsoft support, forum at MSDN, API is relative to VB and it is built on .NET framework.

Every option has its pro and con but a least these two are free for the lottery players who wish to code his ideas in to a computer program which may allow him to work with a more complex system between draws which doing by hand doesn't.

Evil Looking       

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1663 Posts
                            Posted: February 19, 2012, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Agreed RJOh, always best to get something you are comfortabl with and that you enjoy working with. Makwes life a lot easier and you have more fun doing the grunge stuff......lol.

Big Smile

lottoAficionado's avatar - LottoGamesBalls White.png
                              Orange City, Florida
                              United States
                              Member #123235
                              February 16, 2012
                              12 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2012, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

Yes!!! There is full version professional lotto software absolutely FREE, Smart MegaLotto from RSTech.us Not only you can download the full version for free, but they upgrade the software from-time-to-time (version 1.0.8 is my last upgrade), and you also get free software technical support via email. Basically, it was designed only for the Mega Million type lotteries, and can be used with Florida’s mega money too. However, the have other lotto software for the pick3, pick4, and all other lotto games you can download for a FREE trial period. Hey, there is nothing wrong with FREE!!!, as long as it is a good software.