Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

sabotage

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Arlington, TX
United States
Member #121691
January 15, 2012
15 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2012, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

does anyone here ever wonder if the lotto drawings are manipulated?

Obviously, nowadays, the lottery is on a computer network and it is apparent all the numbers sold would be on file for the drawing. So picking a number not sold would do the trick. As far as creating a drawing machine capable of an orchestrated drawing.... we put man in space right? Perhaps some sort of magnetism?

Anyways, not getting all paranoid, just a thought that has been crossing my mind sometime.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2012, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

nah gold and silver,  interest rates,   employment numbers and the stock markets they can manipulate, but the lotto NEVER.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Obviously, nowadays, the lottery is on a computer network and it is apparent all the numbers sold would be on file for the drawing. So picking a number not sold would do the trick. As far as creating a drawing machine capable of an orchestrated drawing.... we put man in space right? Perhaps some sort of magnetism?

Anyways, not getting all paranoid, just a thought that has been crossing my mind sometime.

Yeah, and when that doesn't work, they call it a pre-draw. Jester

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2012, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Anyone who plays for awhile and has the winning numbers "walk between the raindrops" of thier numbers may from time to time think that something is up, but on the whole, along with what Savagegoose said, I trust the lottery more than the NFL, the NBA, boxing and horse races.

Watch enough football and basketball games and if you're aware of the pointspread you'll see some that you'll swear they are platying to 'fit the number'.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2012, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Anyone who plays for awhile and has the winning numbers "walk between the raindrops" of thier numbers may from time to time think that something is up, but on the whole, along with what Savagegoose said, I trust the lottery more than the NFL, the NBA, boxing and horse races.

Watch enough football and basketball games and if you're aware of the pointspread you'll see some that you'll swear they are platying to 'fit the number'.

Walk between the raindrops is right.

If there was a prize for 2 numbers right and the rest of them off by one, I'd be a billionaire.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
            Kunming
            China
            Member #57910
            January 23, 2008
            3626 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2012, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Only if you lose is it fixed! If you‘re a winner, it's a wonderful thing!

Play to win!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2012, 12:57 am - IP Logged

It may be worse than you think, even the combinations you only thought about playing aren't coming up winners either.  Just try it, write down a bunch of combinations and keep them to yourself and then after the drawing check to see how many of them would have won anything had you played them.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                nc
                United States
                Member #99520
                October 26, 2010
                375 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

It may be worse than you think, even the combinations you only thought about playing aren't coming up winners either.  Just try it, write down a bunch of combinations and keep them to yourself and then after the drawing check to see how many of them would have won anything had you played them.

Lol, I have a set of 10 combinations that I have watched for years.    Several times, each number on a set was 1 digit off.

Arlington, TX
                  United States
                  Member #121691
                  January 15, 2012
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2012, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

I suppose its paranoia. Afterall, I have an app on my phone that has the tendency to randomly draw sequence numbers in a row. Fo example, Ive noticed that number will appear, like 25-26... or 34-35... or 41-42... etc. I suppose any number combo is possible, like 1-2-3-4-5-6...

Its just the chances of even picking 4 or more numbers are so staggering... the thought that the game is fixed makes it more impossible

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2012, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

ilike this game.

look at a ticket that lost,   for ea number go 2 numbers ea side of it, ie if its 3 its 1-5 .

and do same for power ball,

even with ea number ranging for 5 numbers i still lost!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1665 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2012, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I suppose its paranoia. Afterall, I have an app on my phone that has the tendency to randomly draw sequence numbers in a row. Fo example, Ive noticed that number will appear, like 25-26... or 34-35... or 41-42... etc. I suppose any number combo is possible, like 1-2-3-4-5-6...

Its just the chances of even picking 4 or more numbers are so staggering... the thought that the game is fixed makes it more impossible

I love the old "Pick A Number" angst! I relish it.

What a thrill to pick a number and then after the drawing say, "Yeah, those were the numbers I was going to pick!"

You are NOT alone Dizz.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                        Member #5599
                        July 13, 2004
                        1184 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2012, 12:21 am - IP Logged

You will never know if a lottery is being manipulated until there is a Federal gaming comission established. That would include standards on how draws are done, audits of methods, software and results. It's a multi-billion dollar industry that is unregulated. There is a lot of tax money up for grabs, being run in states that are financially hurting. Until it is policed we will never know how many states have or have not given in to temptation.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Canada
                          Member #68663
                          December 27, 2008
                          260 Posts
                          Posted: February 9, 2012, 12:27 am - IP Logged

You will never know if a lottery is being manipulated until there is a Federal gaming comission established. That would include standards on how draws are done, audits of methods, software and results. It's a multi-billion dollar industry that is unregulated. There is a lot of tax money up for grabs, being run in states that are financially hurting. Until it is policed we will never know how many states have or have not given in to temptation.

Having worked in the lottery industry for several years and having attended North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries (NASPL) meetings and presentations, I can categorically state the industry is very regulated and audited. I highly doubt drawings are manipulated.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                            Member #5599
                            July 13, 2004
                            1184 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2012, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Just a follow up....

Idle chit chat, moaning and groaning on this website or any other will not invoke change. Understamd, that goverment agencies respond to e-mails. It is thier vehicle for measuring what the people want and are concerned with. If you have data showing that your state's lottery is significantly deviating from what statistically should be happening then email your state and federal department of justice. You pay for thier service everytime you pay your taxes. Use them !!!! Make your opinion count and mean more. *S*

The peception that it is currently regulated is debateable. It is on thier terms not through federal oversight where bias can better be elimiated.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Canada
                              Member #68663
                              December 27, 2008
                              260 Posts
                              Posted: February 9, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Just a follow up....

Idle chit chat, moaning and groaning on this website or any other will not invoke change. Understamd, that goverment agencies respond to e-mails. It is thier vehicle for measuring what the people want and are concerned with. If you have data showing that your state's lottery is significantly deviating from what statistically should be happening then email your state and federal department of justice. You pay for thier service everytime you pay your taxes. Use them !!!! Make your opinion count and mean more. *S*

The peception that it is currently regulated is debateable. It is on thier terms not through federal oversight where bias can better be elimiated.

What evidence do you have to show the lottery corporations are not regulated?