Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

i can't imagine powerball reaching 500 million...

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 5 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
NY
United States
Member #121961
January 21, 2012
3159 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2012, 1:10 am - IP Logged

I like you're title except mine was " i can't imagine the Giants winning the superbowl" so yes i believe the PB will hit 500 mill someday.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4091 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2012, 3:23 am - IP Logged

Once the game reaches a certian point, greed will take over and I can see it reaching

$1,000,000,000.00.

Who knows, I might even spend $2.00 for a chance at a billion bucks.  It will be like

the early days when people placed a second mortgage on the house just to buy

tickets.  I would say that we will see JP increases of 200,000,000 from draw to draw

once it reaches some high level. 

It would be almost impossible to buy out the game in the few days between draws but

if you started buying saturday night after the drawing then all you need to do is purchase

around 508 tickets per second for the next 4 days. 

Note! First you will need 35,044,702 bet slips so you might want to order them a year or so

in advance.  Also be sure and fill your tickets out ahead of time, oh and don't forget to reserve

a large moving van to hall them in. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3501 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2012, 3:30 am - IP Logged

That would be true if they still kept selling the same number of tickets.  But that's not happening, as I understand it.

It looks like sales are about half of what they used to be, but about twice as much money goes into the jackpot from each ticket.

That means that the jackpot is growing at about the same rate it did in the past, but each advertised jackpot along the way is the result of half as many tickets as it used to be. As a long term average the number of tickets sold before there's awinner is directly related to the odds. With the current odds of 1 in 175 million there will be about 1 winning ticket for each 175 million tickets sold. Selling 175 milion tickets at $2 each, with about 64 cents going towards the jackpot means we should expect an average cash value of .64 * 175 million, which is about $112 million. $1 tickets at odds of 1 in 195 million should have given us average jackpots of about .32 * 195 million, or $62.5 million.

If we look at PB results for the previous $1 matrix and multiply the *cash value*(lower interest rates mean that the advertised  jackpots won't correlate the same way)  by 1.8 we'd have a fairly good prediction for what we can expect in the future.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2012, 7:28 am - IP Logged

Once the game reaches a certian point, greed will take over and I can see it reaching

$1,000,000,000.00.

Who knows, I might even spend $2.00 for a chance at a billion bucks.  It will be like

tickets.  I would say that we will see JP increases of 200,000,000 from draw to draw

It would be almost impossible to buy out the game in the few days between draws but

if you started buying saturday night after the drawing then all you need to do is purchase

Note! First you will need 35,044,702 bet slips so you might want to order them a year or so

in advance.  Also be sure and fill your tickets out ahead of time, oh and don't forget to reserve

RL

Hey sharp penil,

That was just a little lotto "humor".     Green laughGreen laughGreen laugh

Are you that serious that you cannot spot a farce when you see one? You need to surround yourself with some "real" people.

Take in a few late night comedy gig's from time to time. Try some nice deep breaths. In......out.......in........out.   Blush

Excellent! Now.........I believe "Powerball" is secretly a CIA mole on steroids, whose agenda is to topple our economy. This mole is having a "ball" as he achieves his sinister plot. We all must stop buying Powerball tickets immediately!!!

Whoaaaaa............better start mailing Todd this hot LP news flash!  Mail For YouIt's a dozzie.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3857 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2012, 9:35 am - IP Logged

$1,000,000,000.00.

RL

don't forget how long it will take for the clerk to run the bet slips through the machine.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Berwyn, IL
            United States
            Member #80665
            October 2, 2009
            3 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2012, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

If you look at the drawing results under USA MEGA, the 5 number or 2nd place winners have not been above 5 since PB increased to $2. The prior big jackpots had 2nd place winners ranging from 10 to 20. The PB jackpot from 11/02/11 was hit at 254.2 million, with 20 2nd place winners.

I think we'll see two more rolls before lottery fever overrides frugalness and EVERYONE starts buying tickets like before.

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2012, 6:37 am - IP Logged

I am thinking that we are about 4 rolls away from $500 million so we are close.  Just have to lose until then and half a billion will be a new record.-weshar75

2 more draws to 500 million....

At the last rate if increase. 384 million then  476 million but that doesn't include increased participation from bigger jackpots.

So it would be  400+ million then 500 million....

But I believe that they will sell out before.

Milwaukee, WI
                United States
                Member #3131
                December 27, 2003
                665 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2012, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

PB pumped up to $325,000,000 or $202,900,000 cash.

Next prediction for future drawings. (If no winner)

$425,000,000

then $550,000,000

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                  nc
                  United States
                  Member #99520
                  October 26, 2010
                  375 Posts
                  Posted: February 11, 2012, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Looks like next Saturday will be 500+ MIll if no one wins the next two drawings.  You may get to see it sooner.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3089 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2012, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

$500 million jackpot? How many winners? One winner?

Nice if it did get that high and I think there would be a lot of jackpot winners, not saying that's a bad thing.

One ticket winner, whoohoo!!!

United States
                      Member #123427
                      February 20, 2012
                      89 Posts
                      Posted: March 2, 2012, 3:13 am - IP Logged

don't forget how long it will take for the clerk to run the bet slips through the machine.

and forget the time it takes fighting off the little old that is cursing you for shutting down the store!! 

"sonny, i need to play my 1111's!

luckymcshane's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg

United States
                        Member #121801
                        January 17, 2012
                        16 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2012, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Even if it did hit 500 million -- it wouldnt matter --- someone up NORTH would win it.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2012, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Even if it did hit 500 million -- it wouldnt matter --- someone up NORTH would win it.

C'mon Lucky, ya can't be that negative...The last winner from the Megamillions was a gal from GA.....have faith my friend, be positive..after all, we have had 4 Powerball winners from FL in the last 3 years and that does tie NY for the most wins from any one state.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way