Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery calculator

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 5 years ago by retxx.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1698 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2012, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

retxx

Always good to hear from you,  pick-4 single digit games can for the most part be calculated

in your  head if you treat them as a number instead of 4 digits.  A pick 4 has 10,000 combos

starting with 0000 to 9999.  Each digit hits the same amount of times in each position  and

the lexicographic index number is always the number + 1.   The same rule can be applied to

pick-3 games as well.  There are 10 digits for each position and each digit shows the same

number of times.   I have a P-3 / P-4 lottery program started and will post a link when I get

it finished but it may be a while.  PM me any ideas you have about these games and I will

test them when time permits and those that show merit I will add to the program.

RL

Hey RL,

Sorry to see you getting the old "I have something better" treatment. You share some of the best programs FREE.

FREE doesn't mean not marketable. It just means you are a generous person.

And marketable doesn't mean any better. It means you have to pay for something that is no better than FREE.

Judging from the lack of complaints, I'd say nobody had a problem understanding the interface.

Agree with you on Pick 4 games. Each digit appears 1000 times in each position. Not much to see when the matrix flatlines like that. 

Trying to predict a hit based on probability is a sticky situation for many reasons, the least of which is average skip and the mean skip.

Dealing with the major points "could hit", "due", "should have hit by now", is fun; or not so much fun when you are tossing money at lottery games. LMAO

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

United States
    Member #79057
    August 26, 2009
    70 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2012, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

Great tool.  Thanks RL.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      3972 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2012, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey RL,

Sorry to see you getting the old "I have something better" treatment. You share some of the best programs FREE.

FREE doesn't mean not marketable. It just means you are a generous person.

And marketable doesn't mean any better. It means you have to pay for something that is no better than FREE.

Judging from the lack of complaints, I'd say nobody had a problem understanding the interface.

Agree with you on Pick 4 games. Each digit appears 1000 times in each position. Not much to see when the matrix flatlines like that. 

Trying to predict a hit based on probability is a sticky situation for many reasons, the least of which is average skip and the mean skip.

Dealing with the major points "could hit", "due", "should have hit by now", is fun; or not so much fun when you are tossing money at lottery games. LMAO

Gary

Maybe I should start charging a fee,  some people think free stuff must not be any good or it would not

be free.   People who charge large fees for lottery programs are the ones that should be side stepped.

No matter which software you use there is always a element of chance and what matters most is if the

program offers you choices that are somewhat predictable or can be ranged without squeezing the head

off the chicken.  I have been doing this for over 20 years and while I have not looked under every stone

there are many rocks that have been turned over.  Sometimes you find a worm and sometimes not.  I have

yet to see a lottery program worth paying for and that includes my own.   This does not mean that there

are not any good programs it's just that everything a person might need can be found for free.  Having all

the tools that you want or need in one package might be worth paying for and beauty is held in the eyes

of the beholder.   My uncle use to say, "you ain't cool if your chrome don't shine"  and I always replied

chrome don't make it run any faster, it's what's under the hood that counts.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1698 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2012, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Same story here, RL

"My boat ain't shiny but it floats."

LMAO

There are a lot of rocks but few people turning the rocks over and telling us what is under them.

We're always hoping when you turn a rock there is going to be a happy face Big Smile, but more often than not we get grimace guy Confused .

Yep. Turning the rocks is the hardest part. Sometimes it takes hours and then you find ANOTHER ONE UNDER IT O_o?!?

Truth is I don't think any of us who do the rock turning will quit after we won. LMAO

My greatest accomplishment is teaching cats about Vienna Sausage. When I need a friend, all I need do is walk outside, pop open a can, and every little critter in the neighborhood drops by to say "Hi!"

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Matrix defined 

A situation or surrounding substance within which something else originates, develops, or is contained:

A lottery matrix is the total universe of sets from which one set is drawn, often abbreviated 5-44 etc.....

A 5-44 matrix contains 1,086,008 sets of 5 numbers.

Hope this helps 

RL

I have it in Excel with all details and functions. Such tables are hidden, because authors prefer to fill books with them. Programers like RL like to write independant programs. At the time few people knew how to make tables, so they could sell cheapest trash for good money.

If I would upload for free all of my stuff, the lottery market would crash. Hardly a wheel would sell. Many were for free years ago. I used to print on my lottery forms, I don't know any lottery software that can do that. The settings are to fine.
          Full systems and full key wheel systems are for free in Belgium!

For some time wheels were for free. Now you pay, not without a reason, because if you developped a program, no matter if it is with Java, C, VB or VBA, or just using spreadsheetfunctions in Excel, you put effort and time in the job.

The amount of scam is high. That means that some freaks hang out the professor, you pay for some Excel file, and it turns out to be bogus!

For the books it is pretty much the same, few are very good, filled with tables and even giving good math. Others give you the wrong tips, hide math and make publicity for their software in the books. You are paying their marketing by buying the books!

I calculated pretty much all of it. Last digits and first digits are just an extirp that you can get out of a 5*44 matrix, 220 values only, where the amount of sets is combin(44,5)=1 086 008. You can write it like 44!/(5!*(44-5)!) or 44/5*43/4 ... .
          For p() you reverse it. Your E(bet) is slightly more complicated.

Whether you divide in digits or not, doesn't change the combinations, only the view on them changes. A discussion why programs wouldn't work is that the numbers come in order and not in disorder, every combination for a 5/44 has 5*4*3*2 possible outcomes.
          In fact we are talking about 44*43*42*41*40 "different" possible drawings.

I won't limit myself to spreadsheets and VBA in the future.

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
            BOSTON
            United States
            Member #48
            September 9, 2001
            3592 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

hi rl thanks for the reply. forget what the naysayers spit out. Will really look forward to you posting your pick 3/4 when it is ready. Who knows it could be the golden goose after all. Who knows what lurks in the mind of genius's here on the lp.