Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Superstition versus Logic.

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 5 years ago by uklotteryplayer.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you believe in luck or law of averages?

Someday it will be my lucky day [ 9 ]  [52.94%]
Law of averages will catch up to me. [ 3 ]  [17.65%]
One and the same [ 5 ]  [29.41%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2012, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

"I'd rather be lucky than good."   ~ Lefty Gomez

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
    NYC
    United States
    Member #117984
    October 19, 2011
    1843 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2012, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

After considering everything, luck does play a factor. For example, look at the New York Giants.

Remember they beat the Green Bay Packers (got a lucky hail mary before the 3rd quarter).

Won the coin flip in over-time against the San Fran. 49ers resulting in a field goal, a few plays later. 

And finally, they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl for a repeat win. 

This is so different than the lottery but luck applies to everything in this world, in my opinion. 

The only time luck works is if you have the effort, game plan, and humble state of mind, is when luck works. All of these feelings combined creates luck, resulting in wonderful things to come. 

In summary, we need to have focus, attention, and effort... once these are applied, luck will be on your side. I think it's proven. Look at the CNN producer who won her 2nd big prize.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3854 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2012, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

After considering everything, luck does play a factor. For example, look at the New York Giants.

Remember they beat the Green Bay Packers (got a lucky hail mary before the 3rd quarter).

Won the coin flip in over-time against the San Fran. 49ers resulting in a field goal, a few plays later. 

And finally, they beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl for a repeat win. 

This is so different than the lottery but luck applies to everything in this world, in my opinion. 

The only time luck works is if you have the effort, game plan, and humble state of mind, is when luck works. All of these feelings combined creates luck, resulting in wonderful things to come. 

In summary, we need to have focus, attention, and effort... once these are applied, luck will be on your side. I think it's proven. Look at the CNN producer who won her 2nd big prize.

agree 100%  and was rootin for 9ers. Embarassed 

but i'm not one that says "oh yeah,just wait till next year"

no one likes to wait,

and now one knows that better then a lottery player.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3300 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2012, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

i usually go for the logic approach. but if i have a dream about lotto, and say i recall some numbers. and say i recall what lotto i was dreaming about, like i checked tickets, and it kept saying i won. and  when i woke up the day i dreamed about was today!

id kick logic to the kirb and play those numbers.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

When people say luck, what do they mean???

i believe that everything is predestined, the whole world could tell me no and i will still tell you that you are wrong...

people who dont believe that everything is predestined including the lottery they need to take a trip to the moon, see how hugeeeeeeeeeeee and blackkkkk the universe is, people dont believe stuffs are predestined yet they believe that when you toss a tennis ball in the air and when it comes down that gravity did it, and yet you cant feel or see not string no rope bring the tennis ball down...

i also believe that in a far away planet there is like a giant gravity mirror where you can see the future or whats going on around the universe, not a portal but a mirror like in the movie: Lost in Space...

question what if you saw an alien and you later learn that aliens dont dream they sleep but dont dream...and just the same way to aliens humans dreaming might be something magical, what if there are other creatures that do something else, like see the future that to us will look magical...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2012, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

a little advice when creating systems for pick3/pick4..look at the numbers backwards also not just from: 1-0 or 1-10 but from 0-9 or 10-9....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: February 17, 2012, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

a little advice when creating systems for pick3/pick4..look at the numbers backwards also not just from: 1-0 or 1-10 but from 0-9 or 10-9....

tiggs is writing this down as fast as pumpi is speaking...pumpi is a "GENIUS"....Read what pumpi writes and learn!!!..

Pure luck

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: February 17, 2012, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

tiggs is writing this down as fast as pumpi is speaking...pumpi is a "GENIUS"....Read what pumpi writes and learn!!!..

well yea tiggs,but learning is one thing,

internelizing is another .

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United Kingdom
                  Member #122950
                  February 10, 2012
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: February 18, 2012, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I remember my father used to buy a lottery tickets (when it was just like raffle tickets before) with the same guy on same day. One time he passed (bought us ice cream instead) and his colleague then bought his ticket.

It won a share of the first prize and he quit the job. 2 years later he was broke and his family left him.

I still think that we could have done better with that money but everyone thinks like this.

I guess luck can work in mysterious ways.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.