Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you know anyone that has won a big amount

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 5 years ago by psykomo.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #94616
July 24, 2010
4735 Posts
Posted: February 18, 2012, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I knew of this lucky dude back in "07", who walked away with 200k for hitting all 5 white balls on the Powerball. Lucky devil .   Hyper

it was me!  LOL

NICE!!!!

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: February 18, 2012, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Mac,,,, did you use a QP or preselected numbers ?

At that time Powerball was the only game I was playing. I had the same ritual every Wednesday & Saturday. 2 lines on one ticket, one was my pick, the other a QP. My budget was for $4/week.

The winning number for the 5+0 drawing was (2-23-24-27-36), and it was a QP.

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: February 18, 2012, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

At that time Powerball was the only game I was playing. I had the same ritual every Wednesday & Saturday. 2 lines on one ticket, one was my pick, the other a QP. My budget was for $4/week.

The winning number for the 5+0 drawing was (2-23-24-27-36), and it was a QP.

Do you re-play these numbers - just to see if you might hit again?

or have you seen these come out again?

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: February 18, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Do you re-play these numbers - just to see if you might hit again?

or have you seen these come out again?

Funny you should ask, I actually played them again a couple of times, including about 20 of the last winning numbers for Powerball (at that time, this was like 2 years ago).

I don't' think even 2 numbers came up for all those plays. They say statistically the odds for the same numbers coming up again with a big game like PB or MM's is astronomical at best. I've never seen my winning #'s come up again. (yet).   Disapprove

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          British Columbia
          Canada
          Member #116101
          September 4, 2011
          4033 Posts
          Posted: February 18, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Funny you should ask, I actually played them again a couple of times, including about 20 of the last winning numbers for Powerball (at that time, this was like 2 years ago).

I don't' think even 2 numbers came up for all those plays. They say statistically the odds for the same numbers coming up again with a big game like PB or MM's is astronomical at best. I've never seen my winning #'s come up again. (yet).   Disapprove

so now you know which #'s not to play

AND

Patriot

"You have to be in it to win it!"

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2012, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

so now you know which #'s not to play

AND

Patriot

I could not have said it better myself LottoGuyBC! Hopefully on every play we make, we are learning and refining our selection process, as we make our

way to that supreme level of Lotto Guru and financial bliss.  Crazy    Hyper

mjoyg1123's avatar - candle
              NYC
              United States
              Member #119024
              November 13, 2011
              836 Posts
              Posted: February 19, 2012, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

if i was you, i'd stand in front of a mirror and say it, everyday.

come to think of it i should do it myself.

Hey Heymaker:

That is a good idea. Never thought of that for myself Bang Head

LottoMomma's avatar - strawberry
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #100025
                November 4, 2010
                158 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2012, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I know of two people that won.. the one couple I know personally hit for $13M on an easy pic... the other guy is the brother of a close friend.. and he won the lottery twice within a couple of years I think and it was for $1M each time.. and again he won with easy pics.

Personally I can't handle doing easy pics.  I do my own numbers but even though I haven't won BIG yet.. just a $2500 Keno win in 2010 and some smaller wins in 2011.   I prefer to pic my own numbers.  Hubby is always testing my numbers against easy pics.  Wants easy pics for him when I go play my numbers.   And it just kills me to buy a $10 easy pic ticket and not even get one number!  Sometimes I think he doesn't want me to win! LOL 

I had nice compliment paid to me tonight when I went to play my numbers, the young gal at the party store says.. "Of all the people I have that play their own numbers, you're the only won I ever see win."  That made me feel good.. even though they are little wins, a win is a win.. which means I may be on the right track and maybe it's just timing. 

So many times I have the numbers just one day off.. think I'd learn and play them more than a day! LOL   I am just waiting for the day I can cash a bigger ticket on her than just $2 or $5! LOL 

Fun to dream!

Blue Angel

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                  East of Columbus, OH
                  United States
                  Member #120843
                  December 28, 2011
                  451 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2012, 7:57 am - IP Logged

A group of people that worked at the local Clerk of Court office won the Ohio Lottery about 20 years or so ago.  I know one of them personally.  They all took the annual payments, I think they each got about $35k a year after taxes.  You wouldn't know it now.  Most of them kept working.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

kings mountain
                    United States
                    Member #118667
                    November 5, 2011
                    208 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2012, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I know of 2 people who have won the lottery not personally, but both from my hometown. The mail lady took a trip to myrtle beach, bought a lottery ticket and won a million dollars. She is still delivering the mail and a very down to earth person. Oh, her take home was about 680,000.

The other..a man won the powerball lottery..88 million and took home about 44 million. He moved and bought a house on the lake among other things. To my knowledge, the money has not gone to his head.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2012, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Hey, congratulations, mcginnin! That's the first I've heard of that!
                      Ok, two questions:
                      Were they QP's or your picks?
                      And do you play those numbers anymore?

Was just re-reading a few threads and noticed I completely missed your post from the 17th, sorry rdgrnr!

As you probably read from subsequent posts, It was one of each. The number I chose Iv'e always and will continue to play. Will always do QP's as well.

Which is what I won with.Thumbs Up

United Kingdom
                        Member #122950
                        February 10, 2012
                        85 Posts
                        Posted: February 21, 2012, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I was walking and saw my friend Steven sitting on a rock with his girlfriend.

I said "hi whatcha doing?" , he said "nothing just played the lotto",

I said "good luck" ... well, ... he won 10 million in NY Lotto that night 

(it was early 1980's shared prize with another person. 20 million jackpot). 

Do ya think that was a powerful good luck wish?

Dang I'm good. Lmao!

You could earn money wuth this mate.
                        How much would you charge for telling my lottery syndicate good luck?

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: February 21, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

You could earn money wuth this mate.
                          How much would you charge for telling my lottery syndicate good luck?

I think you might have to be sitting on that same rock when he says it, uk.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3857 Posts
                            Posted: February 21, 2012, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

I think you might have to be sitting on that same rock when he says it, uk.

well, OK Ridge,  maybe i'll call it "the blarneystone" Lep

what ya think, mcginnin56 ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United Kingdom
                              Member #122950
                              February 10, 2012
                              85 Posts
                              Posted: February 22, 2012, 1:16 am - IP Logged

So mjoy has to wish it.
                              I need to sit on this same rock.
                              But who is this girlfriend? She maynot need the money anymore.
                              ConfusedConfused

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.