Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CNBC's American Greed Financial Advisors and Investors

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2012, 1:16 am - IP Logged

MY first post!

I think you need to go with an established financial firm like Goldman Sachs or Credit Suisse etc....  They are accustomed to working with high net-worth individuals.

Hey LawOfAttraction, Welcome to this crazy site.   Crazy

May you have thousands of future great posts for us Losing Lottery Winner Wannabees!  ThudCheers

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2012, 4:03 am - IP Logged

MY first post!

I think you need to go with an established financial firm like Goldman Sachs or Credit Suisse etc....  They are accustomed to working with high net-worth individuals.

Good point with going with an established firm.  But I have also seen several of the shows that show employees/brokers from these firms stealing also.

I suggest going LOCAL first.  Look around for a good local financial services firm.  And like several others have said- get reference's.

Luv watching this show!

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      British Columbia
      Canada
      Member #116101
      September 4, 2011
      4033 Posts
      Posted: February 23, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

LOL Lottoguy....... don't forget the freezer

yeah almost fogot

that's some  'cold hard cash' White Bounce

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2012, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Just as a heads up the CBS Series Person of Interest is going to be about Wall St. tonight....they've been previewing it as, "Taking on the toughest street there is, Wall St."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5611 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2012, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

LOL Lottoguy....... don't forget the freezer

I have use the freezer to hide money also. Thieves would be too busy stealing the tv to look for money there.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I tell people that I do business with that I believe in Frontier Justice just so they don't commence to doing anything stupid that's gonna get 'em hurt.

Especially people workin' in or around my house and property.

But I advise anybody that wants me to make my mark on paper the same way.

Kinda like the Columbian told Tony Montana in Scarface ---->  "Don't ____ me Tony."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NH
              United States
              Member #83352
              December 5, 2009
              223 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

If you win a mega jackpot worth multiple millions and you don't trust anyone with your money, there is a organization called CDARS that will put your money in simple CD's and spread out all your money(under 250 G's each) in numberous banks that are all FDIC insured. And you will only work with one bank and one account number. Of course the interest rates won't be anywhere near what an investor can do for you, but if you don't care about that and just want peace of mind. That may just be the way to go. I know that is what I will be doing if i'm blessed enough to hit it big one day.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                Member #52345
                May 21, 2007
                2659 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2012, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

If you win a mega jackpot worth multiple millions and you don't trust anyone with your money, there is a organization called CDARS that will put your money in simple CD's and spread out all your money(under 250 G's each) in numberous banks that are all FDIC insured. And you will only work with one bank and one account number. Of course the interest rates won't be anywhere near what an investor can do for you, but if you don't care about that and just want peace of mind. That may just be the way to go. I know that is what I will be doing if i'm blessed enough to hit it big one day.

had read about this several months ago here @ LP

but wasn't thar a similar but other type account mentioned previously

I seriously doubt there'll be any such thing as good investment b4 much longerHiding Behind Computer

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: February 25, 2012, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

Thats a great way to be both safe and help the economy.  MOST of those would be small or medium community banks that have strong local ties.  A 250k CD helps their bottom line.  They lend based on depoisits.  More deposits, more lending.  Most often they lend to the local community, its a great win-win.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2012, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Thats a great way to be both safe and help the economy.  MOST of those would be small or medium community banks that have strong local ties.  A 250k CD helps their bottom line.  They lend based on depoisits.  More deposits, more lending.  Most often they lend to the local community, its a great win-win.

i think this would be on my menu of considerations.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.