Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So I was wondering...

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
Taunton, Ma
United States
Member #123005
February 11, 2012
136 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2012, 1:56 am - IP Logged

My buddy from Ark said they got a points for prizes system on top of second chance drawings with they're scratchies. I love this idea. Anyone know if this will be adopted in other states like say MA ?Wink We DO have the second chance promos but this is garanteed stuff! and imagine how much will be cleared from the streets as not all tickets are eligible for drawings whearas any ticket would count toward points. I really hope they adopt this.

United Kingdom
    Member #123567
    February 24, 2012
    1 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2012, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Great thread ,I am sure you will get more thoughts when people wake up !

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2012, 2:50 am - IP Logged

Wow that sounds intriguing! These prizes are guaranteed? I'm your next door neighbor in NH, where they have a point system for losing tickets called NH Lottery Replay. Based on the cash value of the scratcher or online ticket they "reward" you with so many points towards a raffle of goofy prizes.

The only decent prizes are the grand prizes which are typically a vacation package with all the perks. All the other stuff is crap.....gas cards........gift cert. to some flukey diner, etc. I used to replay all my tickets years ago (I had accumulated tens and thousands of "replay" points) and won a couple of their "goofy" prizes. With all the time consumed to replay all my tickets, I finally said F-CK THIS!

I like the idea of getting points for "guaranteed" prizes! Hopefully you'll get more feedback from the other states.      Thumbs Up

Good luck Bigheadnick, if your playing 2-nites MM?!  (83 Mill.)

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2012, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Great thread ,I am sure you will get more thoughts when people wake up !

Hey Welcome to LP 007.

Looks like your first post? Are you related to James Bond? (lame, I know)  LOL

Well I'm just going to BedHave fun!

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2012, 7:15 am - IP Logged

Hey Bigheadnick, just out of curiosity I clicked on Ark.'s Lotto website.

Looking quickly, it appears that the "nice" prizes (Harley's, jewelry, etc.) are "raffles" from your submitted points. There are guaranteed prizes, but they appear to be vacuum cleaners, home ware, etc. The number of points required for low tier prizes were in the "thousands"

I didn't bother to continue to investigate how many points they were rewarding for different scratchers, because you were are required to register your name, address, E-mail address. Might be nice for some players? I'm sure your friend has the inside scoop on value of these prizes.

Have a good weekend!    Banana

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2012, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP Bigheadnick.......Hurray!

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40613 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP Bigheadnick.......Hurray!

I Agree! Welcome and Happy WINNINGS.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Taunton, Ma
                United States
                Member #123005
                February 11, 2012
                136 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Hey Bigheadnick, just out of curiosity I clicked on Ark.'s Lotto website.

Looking quickly, it appears that the "nice" prizes (Harley's, jewelry, etc.) are "raffles" from your submitted points. There are guaranteed prizes, but they appear to be vacuum cleaners, home ware, etc. The number of points required for low tier prizes were in the "thousands"

I didn't bother to continue to investigate how many points they were rewarding for different scratchers, because you were are required to register your name, address, E-mail address. Might be nice for some players? I'm sure your friend has the inside scoop on value of these prizes.

Have a good weekend!    Banana

Yeah my buddy says theirs some decent stuff garanteed but I mean hey if it's free it's for me right? I actually emailed the webmaster for mass lottery and he/she said there are no plans in the foreseeable future to emulate the idea but after seeing the thousands if not millions of scratchies laying in parking lots, streets etc, I have to think this would be a win win. It would be like getting (almost) free pick and stick crews to clean up streets.

I already have agreements with several local stores that allow me to sift through they're lotto waste baskets for second chancers/winners etc. If they did this I would be able to get so much free crap I wouldn't know what to do with it all lol. I'm actually thinking of starting a trash removal business exclusive to convenience stores. Charge them much less to pick up and then recycle pretty much everything after going through it instead of letting it all end up in the landfill. They get cheaper trash removal and the garantee no winners slip through they're store unclaimed. As u know they don't get the commission if it goes unclaimed.

Between the massive amount of tickets I buy and the ones I find, I am fully confident the riches will be coming soon Partythen it's party time and you're invited.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

@ bighead nick, are you sure about that part where the retailer does not get paid it tix don't get claimed ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Taunton, Ma
                    United States
                    Member #123005
                    February 11, 2012
                    136 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

absolutely, I've asked.

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2012, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

don't seem fair to the retailer,i mean they held up their end of the deal

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: February 24, 2012, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Yeah my buddy says theirs some decent stuff garanteed but I mean hey if it's free it's for me right? I actually emailed the webmaster for mass lottery and he/she said there are no plans in the foreseeable future to emulate the idea but after seeing the thousands if not millions of scratchies laying in parking lots, streets etc, I have to think this would be a win win. It would be like getting (almost) free pick and stick crews to clean up streets.

I already have agreements with several local stores that allow me to sift through they're lotto waste baskets for second chancers/winners etc. If they did this I would be able to get so much free crap I wouldn't know what to do with it all lol. I'm actually thinking of starting a trash removal business exclusive to convenience stores. Charge them much less to pick up and then recycle pretty much everything after going through it instead of letting it all end up in the landfill. They get cheaper trash removal and the garantee no winners slip through they're store unclaimed. As u know they don't get the commission if it goes unclaimed.

Between the massive amount of tickets I buy and the ones I find, I am fully confident the riches will be coming soon Partythen it's party time and you're invited.

Thanks for the RSVP Bigheadnick!

Taunton, Ma
                          United States
                          Member #123005
                          February 11, 2012
                          136 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

don't seem fair to the retailer,i mean they held up their end of the deal

This only applies to scratchies as the people who make them are not the ones deciding where the books go. It's protocol to prevent rigging. This doesn't apply to numbers games as they are printed and recorded in store so the agents will get they're cut even if the ticket sold goes unclaimed.

Taunton, Ma
                            United States
                            Member #123005
                            February 11, 2012
                            136 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Found a $20 winner in the trash today lol. I think these new neon colored tickets are blinding people. It's the 3rd winner I've found from these new ones and It just came out! Some people are better off leaving the scratching to the pro's but I'm not complaining.Wink Also hit $50 and $25 on a couple $2 tickets I bought today. Has been a good week for me.

United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2012, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

keep on keepin on, bigheadnick.