Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Simply Curious... Lottery Player, looking for Answers or Opinions

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
S. Milwaukee
United States
Member #109748
April 19, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I am a Lottery like everyone else out there, and i play my share of games and obviously i haven't hit ANY

huge prizes yet, and that hasn't derailed me from playing..., But has anyone taken notice that more & more

Players from  N E W  Y O R K ,  R H O D E  I S L A N D  &  C O N N E T I C U T  are essentially thee only ones

hitting thee LARGEST JACKPOTS from either POWERBALL and or MEGAMILLIONS and i think it's  UNCANNY....

Or these frickin games ARE RIGGED!

How is it... that if one person figures ALL the people playing these games in ANY STATE, and there are simply

so many Cities, Towns & States where tons & tons or gobs & gobs of Players are playing POWERBALL & MEGA

MILLIONS in a total Sum of 42 States plus Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.  And mind you... All these

PLAYERS seem to be throwing their hard earned Money into these Jackpot with the thought and idea of wanting

to Win the BIG PRIZE!

Here's my Concern:  Out of ALL these people playing, how is it that in as recently as the last year and a half, No

single State  or District..., if you geographically place areas such as the West Coast, the South, Midwest & lastly

the East Coast, No  OTHER area's are Winning JACKPOTS other than N E W  Y O R K,  R H O D E  I S L A N D, Or

C O N N E C T I C U T, and it's thee LARGER than Mind boggling belief that when it comes to WINNING the LARGE

JACKPOTS, being in NEW YORK purchasing a ticket... YOU HAVE an OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY at WINNING

the JACK POT, and if you're playing somewhere else... chances are that you WON'T hit the JACKPOT, but..... that

you'll find yourself wishing you lived in NEW YORK.  WHICH makes me continue to believe that these LOTTERIES

especially  POWERBALL ARE FRICKIN  RIGGED!!!    No Pity!

DOES anybody have thee same or simular opinions Or might your assumption be that i'm just a one very Unlucky

Individual... who's down on his luck.    Bang Head

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2012, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Why don't you pick an easier game without a powerball?
    Try Sweet Millions, no reserve ball and no bonus ball.

If you spend a lot of money on that, you better try roulette, just one number to guess,
    but leave your credit card at home!

S. Milwaukee
      United States
      Member #109748
      April 19, 2011
      4 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2012, 10:59 am - IP Logged

SergeM,

Playing the game isn't the hard part, Money certainly isn't thee issue... but what concerns me, is that the rarity of OTHER

STATES and PLAYERS to WIN the JACK POTS  Unless you actually live in NEW YORK, Rhode Island or Connecticut. as a fact

checker will show that those areas have an overwhelming number of Recent Jack POT  WINNERS, which makes me believe

that   therse LOTTERIES are RIGGED.   BS

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2012, 11:06 am - IP Logged

From the Powerbal website FAQ page:

HOW COME THE ONLY JACKPOT WINNERS ARE FROM THE [EAST - WEST - NORTH - SOUTH - CITIES - RURAL AREAS]?
        HOW COME ONLY [WHITE, BLACK, TALL, SKINNY, YOUNG, OLD] PEOPLE WIN?

Powerball is a random game that knows nothing about who buys a ticket or where a ticket is purchased. There really is no white/black/old/young/rich/poor, etc.] button on the machine. If one draws a box around some group of players (eg., state border, hair color, shoe size), then that group of players will win in proportion to their play. If the defined group buys 10% of the tickets, then they will win 10% of the prizes - on average and over a reasonable period of time. But that does NOT mean that you have a better chance of winning in a bigger box - you then just have more folks to play against. The Law of Large numbers explains how random expectations become truer as the number of occurrences increases. So, if players in a particular group buy 8.6754% of the tickets, then we will find, if the number of occurrences (prizes awarded) are large enough, that those players win 8.6754% of the prizes. This is definitely true for the low-tier prizes where there are large numbers of winners. With 12 to 15 jackpot winners in a year, we would expect that these percentages can get out of sync with sales from time to time, but as the number of jackpot winners continues to increase, we will find that the percentage numbers move closer and closer to being the same number. Try this experiment. Flip a coin four times. You might get 75% heads - or even 100%. You would not expect to get excited about that. With only ten flips, it can happen. But then flip it 1,000 times (no cheating). You will come much closer to the statistical expectation of 50% heads. If you hit 75% heads after 1,000 flips, then something is wrong. It really does NOT make any difference where you buy your ticket. It is you a against the draw machine.

Something is telling me you will question that, so why don't you just go to Fond du Lac to play your tickets., it's not thst far from you.

Do a search here on LP for Fond du Lac + Miracle Mile.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
          Connecticut
          United States
          Member #61623
          May 29, 2008
          20581 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2012, 11:09 am - IP Logged

How do you figure Connecticut even ranks with the amount of JP winners???What?.There's a good gap of time in between Jp's

according to the website..as far as JP's go...

3 winners in 1997

1 in 2005 

1 in 2008

1 in 2009(Rahul Patel none the less)

1  winner in 2011

I can say though that CT seems to do well in the 4+1   and 5+0 with the powerplay departments

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2012, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I am a Lottery like everyone else out there, and i play my share of games and obviously i haven't hit ANY

huge prizes yet, and that hasn't derailed me from playing..., But has anyone taken notice that more & more

Players from  N E W  Y O R K ,  R H O D E  I S L A N D  &  C O N N E T I C U T  are essentially thee only ones

hitting thee LARGEST JACKPOTS from either POWERBALL and or MEGAMILLIONS and i think it's  UNCANNY....

How is it... that if one person figures ALL the people playing these games in ANY STATE, and there are simply

so many Cities, Towns & States where tons & tons or gobs & gobs of Players are playing POWERBALL & MEGA

MILLIONS in a total Sum of 42 States plus Washington D.C. and the Virgin Islands.  And mind you... All these

PLAYERS seem to be throwing their hard earned Money into these Jackpot with the thought and idea of wanting

to Win the BIG PRIZE!

Here's my Concern:  Out of ALL these people playing, how is it that in as recently as the last year and a half, No

single State  or District..., if you geographically place areas such as the West Coast, the South, Midwest & lastly

the East Coast, No  OTHER area's are Winning JACKPOTS other than N E W  Y O R K,  R H O D E  I S L A N D, Or

C O N N E C T I C U T, and it's thee LARGER than Mind boggling belief that when it comes to WINNING the LARGE

JACKPOTS, being in NEW YORK purchasing a ticket... YOU HAVE an OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY at WINNING

the JACK POT, and if you're playing somewhere else... chances are that you WON'T hit the JACKPOT, but..... that

you'll find yourself wishing you lived in NEW YORK.  WHICH makes me continue to believe that these LOTTERIES

DOES anybody have thee same or simular opinions Or might your assumption be that i'm just a one very Unlucky

Yeah everything is totally "rigged" Mytriplecrown. No problem however just relocate to NY, or have a friend pick you up a few QP's

while in the area, and you'll probably hit the big- time!   Banana

Apparently they have got those lotto balls programmed to jump out at just the precise moment from micro-transmitters.

Rumor is that they have some whiz kid good at video games, joy sticking the balls around from some remote location.   Coffee

Apparently their is a "conspiracy" for only rich white folk, from NY, RI and CT to win.    Bandit   Blush

Good Luck Mytriplecrown!    Lep

S. Milwaukee
              United States
              Member #109748
              April 19, 2011
              4 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Well.... i've got to tell you that i get all your statistics and the numbers that they represent, but again... it's NEW YORK against the rest of the Country, and thats really the part that i donot get.  Sure they have alot of people, but so too does the rest of the Country, and out of ALL the folks that play the games in the WHOLE gosh darn Country, you mean to tell me that People in NEW YORK are that BLESSED because they play in NEW YORK!  Something certainly smells fishy my friend, and i do appreciate all your insight!

And please allow me to add, being from Milwaukee as i have been... and continually without question playing the games with hopes of one day becoming THAT next Lucky Star person. Having rarely won anything after all these years... i will admit that i've driven that 40 plus miles too many times to count, so you were certainly on point, that i'd even question your Mathematical breakdowns... which mind you, i'm NO Geniue or Math Wiz, but looking at those Majority Winners out of the recent Jackpot WINNERS... one certainly does and should question why it is that NEW YORK tops the list as far as JACK POT WINNERS, and they've compounded that list emincely over the last year and a half.

Like i've said... Fon du Lac is kinda like a second home, and the reason being for my journey's to that part of the State for well over twenty years.  Soon i'll be taking weekend trips to NY with hopes of closing that gap between me and the BIG Prize!

S. Milwaukee
                United States
                Member #109748
                April 19, 2011
                4 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Yeah,  it sounds like you've got it all figured out!

Maybe you being from NH, you can pick up those QP's for me... What a Buddy !!!   Dance

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                  Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1657 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Yeah everything is totally "rigged" Mytriplecrown. No problem however just relocate to NY, or have a friend pick you up a few QP's

while in the area, and you'll probably hit the big- time!   Banana

Apparently they have got those lotto balls programmed to jump out at just the precise moment from micro-transmitters.

Rumor is that they have some whiz kid good at video games, joy sticking the balls around from some remote location.   Coffee

Apparently their is a "conspiracy" for only rich white folk, from NY, RI and CT to win.    Bandit   Blush

Good Luck Mytriplecrown!    Lep

True story...

Met a guy who knew a guy, whose brother's uncle's sister's ex-boyfriend's cousin said they used nano-transmitters. The rest of the story goes.....

They know the megaplier by 9:45, so they already know which combinations will cost them the most. And the drawings, which are claimed to be held at 10:12PM, are actually held at 9:59 PM.

That way they know which balls get the slow down, speed up, waffle, bobble, and the get there first transmitters.

Nice guy. Worked on my air conditioning.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

to Win the BIG PRIZE!

You should be saying NYC, not NY. Check the NYC winners compared to the state.Just scroll the map around.http://nylottery.ny.gov/wps/portal/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_jggBC3kDBPE0MLC0dnA09vT0fLQDNvA0dfU30_j_zcVP2CbEdFACF_Djk!/dl3/d3/L0lDU0lKSWdrbUEhIS9JRFJBQUlpQ2dBek15cXchLzRCRWo4bzBGbEdpdC1iWHBBRUEhLzdfU1BURlRWSTQxODhBQzBJS0lBOVE2SzBRUzAvbHd2YUs1MjQwMDAwMQ!!/?PC_7_SPTFTVI4188AC0IKIA9Q6K0QS0_WCM_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/NYSL+Content+Library/NYSL+Internet+Site/Home/YOUR+LOTTERY/Winners+Atlas/

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

True story...

Met a guy who knew a guy, whose brother's uncle's sister's ex-boyfriend's cousin said they used nano-transmitters. The rest of the story goes.....

They know the megaplier by 9:45, so they already know which combinations will cost them the most. And the drawings, which are claimed to be held at 10:12PM, are actually held at 9:59 PM.

That way they know which balls get the slow down, speed up, waffle, bobble, and the get there first transmitters.

Nice guy. Worked on my air conditioning.

I rest my case. Smash

United States
                        Member #123427
                        February 20, 2012
                        89 Posts
                        Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

maybe its because the smartest people in the country are from new york?  hence highest wages, highest rent, best computers??

and concidently maybe all those people from new york have summer homes in RI and Conn.

they guy in the hills of kentucky who doesnt have a computer...and spends his time making moonshine...and hiding from the dea, and atf, and whats that new government agency they have?  its on the discovery channel...

his quick picks are worthless unless he uses a gail howard approved power number to start the matrix churning...

F4T

Sunny California
                          United States
                          Member #40295
                          May 31, 2006
                          7712 Posts
                          Posted: February 27, 2012, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

Lotteries are not rigged...when people aren't winning they always start off by saying this. This thread may be of some interest to you about per capita sales.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229638?q=per+capita

I believe you are in Wisconsin and from what I found on the internet your per capita sales are less than $100 a year so when you have state's where people are playing WAY more isn't it obvious they have better chances to win then a state that plays less? Just my opinion.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: February 27, 2012, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Yeah,  it sounds like you've got it all figured out!

Maybe you being from NH, you can pick up those QP's for me... What a Buddy !!!   Dance

Still a bit of a drive to NYC my friend. However I do know a good "Buddy" from the NYC area. You might want to contact him, his name is

Donald Trump. He's into the Real Estate gig, and reality TV shows; but hear he loves to play Powerball, especially for other potential

"new" out of state "Buddy's"

If you google his name, I'm sure they will list several direct cell phone #'s where you could reach him at. Just give him the numbers you would like to 

play, including any QP's. Hell, he would probably even have them FEDEX'ed out to you by tomorrow at no extra charge.   Yes Nod

Your Buddy, mcginnin56   Troll

East of Columbus, OH
                              United States
                              Member #120843
                              December 28, 2011
                              447 Posts
                              Posted: February 27, 2012, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

It's not any more rigged than Monday Night Raw.

Hiding Behind Computer

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool