Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Well I'm back to feeling addicted to playing the lottery again

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by CestLaVie.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5142 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2012, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

There was a time in my life that I would spend about $20 - $30 in lottery games, hopping that the more I played would also increase my chances of winning. It was my strong belief that by the laws of logic you can lose so many times until by default you are forced to win. Well, not only was I deceiving myself, but I was making the most common of all lottery players mistake: “trusting on the fairness of the lottery system”. 

The lottery system was not developed for the purpose to grant citizens (players) a chance at being wealthy. The system was created for the sole purpose to create state revenues. Simply stated, the lottery system is a state funded business; and, therefore, its purpose is to ensure increase in profits annually. Consequently, and just because its goal is to profit, the system was not designed to be fair.

Fortunately, I was able to find good literature on the subject, and commenced my own interned research into a better understanding of the lottery system. This is why now I spend less money on lottery games, I play smarter and take control in selecting the numbers, and have been able to win small amounts of money from-time-to-time (although still working in making my first million). Much like any other addiction out there, the more you learn about it (educate yourself), and the more you understand how the system works (get reliable source information), the better you can deal with it.

Yes, there is a lot of unpleasant truth about the lottery system kept from the general public, but there is also a considerable amount of information and resources to help you make the system give you a fair advantage (so the money you invest in the system is not a total waist). 

Search for the “Lottery Solution” or “Smart Numbers QuickPick” over the internet and gain knowledge from all the information offered. I do not know if the e-books are still available for free, but there is still free information out there.

You must have a lot of experience :

You musi have overcome and paid a lot of your money to learn how to survive, by good literature that you 

discovered on the internet. I have never been fortunante like you have been, but wish you would HELP me

win like you do!

Thank you

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2012, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I was doing better the last few months with playing the lottery. But my anxieties got the better of me last week and I started buying more scratch tickets again, not to mention the weekly PB and MM and also started playing my state lottery game daily. It started when the new scratch tickets came out last week the ones that say you can win 5k, 2.5k, 1K, or 500 a week for life. The odds of winning the big prize is pretty much impossible yet I can't seem to help myself and was buying lots of tickets.  For years I was someone who was not a gambler and was always conservative when it came to money (that could be because I've never had jobs that paid much), then I started thinking that the only way to be able to pay for my daughter's college would be to win the lottery (sorry for repeating myself I mentioned that on another post). I feel like there are two sides to myself, the side that says do not throw money down the drain because the odds are not in your favor and then the other side that says maybe a miracle will happen and I keep holding onto that dream even though I would have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than winning the big jackpot.  Everytime I buy a scratch ticket or a PB, MM ticket I have that dream and then as soon as I scratch that ticket or find out the next morning that the winning numbers were not mine that dream vanishes.  I just hope that I can get a handle on things. I always make sure my bills are paid first.  Do other people feel like they are getting addicted to playing?

Shy hi

I know that strong feeling that if you keep buying tickets you are bound to hit it big. Its the biggest reason why so many people are addicted to the lottery. 

I think I know what state you live in but thats not important. 

All I can tell you is avoid the scratch tickets. Even though payout is much higher than online games and you get to know if you have won instantenously, they are highly addictive. You can blow $100 within 5 minutes! Also there is something about scratching that card and seeing $20,000 in the wrong symbol, just one away from the right symbol. 

I have not bought a single scratch ticket this year and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

That money's gone fo ever

LucyMontgomery's avatar - Jadyen

United States
      Member #123813
      February 29, 2012
      43 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2012, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry to ask....but what is that vibrating Avatar?

hehe no problem! it's from this viral video "My name is Jaylen and I am a Super Saiyan (character from an anime show called DBZ)" lol. Very funny vid, but the kid has heart. someone kind enough re-edited his video he actually looked like the DBZ characters lol.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2012, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

hehe no problem! it's from this viral video "My name is Jaylen and I am a Super Saiyan (character from an anime show called DBZ)" lol. Very funny vid, but the kid has heart. someone kind enough re-edited his video he actually looked like the DBZ characters lol.

Thanks! Should have known.  See Ya!

United States
          Member #122468
          February 1, 2012
          530 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2012, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I just want to thank everyone who responded to my post. There was some good insight to what people have said.  I do follow my States lottery website in terms of what prizes are still left for scratch tickets. I'm not a numbers person (math was never my strong point) so do not have any kind of a system for PB, MM etc.  I'm hoping that I can go back to the way I had been playing the last few months (before my addiction took hold) when I would just buy one scratch ticket a week and wait a week until scratching it.  Some people just seem to be better about keeping to their set limit on what they spend playing the lottery.  When will I realize that I'm no Charlie Buckett from Willy Wonka who will win the golden ticket, I'm just one of millions of people who so want to win something in the lottery. I'm hoping my sane part of my brain will keep me in check and get back to a more reasonable way of playing the lottery.  My wish is for everyone to be able to win something.

GRITS
            United States
            Member #123554
            February 23, 2012
            12 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2012, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

Hi Shy,

I can understand the pull to cover all the bets as I have felt it myself.  You are correct in that we can't win if we don't have a ticket, therefore our first decision must be to play.  Wow, there are a lot of decisions to make after the decision to play!  Budget is probably  the primary factor for most average lottery players.  Which games to play, how often, multiple lines, quick picks, systems etc.  Faced with so many choices and chances, it's easy to get sucked in.  As for myself I have defined the following parameters:  I have a budget.  I play only MM, PB,  and my state lottery.  May or may not be all in the same week.  If a particular jackpot is very large, I may decide to concentrate a major part of my budget on only that game.  I don't have a system, although I have looked into many of them.  I approach from a sense of gratitude that I have a chance and I let the money go with no regrets.  Best of luck to you, Shy.  Don't forget to come back and post if you win!