Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Please post your best Pick 3 and/or Pick 4 winning TIP.

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Googler.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Virginia Beach, Virginia
United States
Member #110060
April 25, 2011
115 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2012, 11:58 am - IP Logged

I am new at playing, but my best tip is to play the same number(s) over and over in Pick 3 until you win as an exact and any order. My tip for playing Pick 4, if you are crazy enough to play is to play different numbers, often. I read somewhere that if you play the same Pick 4 number as an exaxt, it could take up to 26 years to win. Smile 

Let's share our simple, but productive tips, advice and strategies. If you come across a useful tip from this thread, please post it here. Share your wealth of knowledge.

You are now a member of Pick 3-4 University

Good luck in winning extra bucks!!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4878 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2012, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I am new at playing, but my best tip is to play the same number(s) over and over in Pick 3 until you win as an exact and any order. My tip for playing Pick 4, if you are crazy enough to play is to play different numbers, often. I read somewhere that if you play the same Pick 4 number as an exaxt, it could take up to 26 years to win. Smile 

Let's share our simple, but productive tips, advice and strategies. If you come across a useful tip from this thread, please post it here. Share your wealth of knowledge.

You are now a member of Pick 3-4 University

Good luck in winning extra bucks!!

Googler,

You have much to learn. For starters never fell in love with a number. It might not hit for months, not a good way make $$$.

Take the time to track everything you can think of. Skip and hits, sums, root sums, short sums, high,low,even,odd digits,   

pairs, repeat numbers, positional tracking etc. Look for patterns, trends, how the numbers are moving. This will take time. 

You will not become an expert over night. To become good you have study, study, study, the game.  And then study some 

more, and then you will know how much you don't know. Bottom line, the learning never stops.

Also, do not call people crazy for playing a particular game. These are the people who are going to teach you and share

their  knowledge. Be nice to them.   Good luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
      United States
      Member #110060
      April 25, 2011
      115 Posts
      Posted: March 2, 2012, 1:39 am - IP Logged

"Crazy" is really a reference to me because I have not won any Pick 4 money. Is there a way to track these number on paper and combine the skips, sums, roots to get a good hit?

I select numbers by frequency. If they hit less than a month ago, I don't play them, or more than 3-4 month.

So, you are saying that I should dump holding Pick 3 number and start tracking the skips, sums, roots. When the same numbers starts to appear under the different methods; I should play that number with more money.

I will search for those terms to see if there is some kind of tracking chart or software that funnels the skips, sums, roots, odd, evens, positions, and patterns into a few good numbers to play. That sounds like a good idea for a software programmer.

Thanks for you reply grwurston.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
        Kunming
        China
        Member #57910
        January 23, 2008
        3626 Posts
        Posted: March 2, 2012, 2:15 am - IP Logged

"Crazy" is really a reference to me because I have not won any Pick 4 money. Is there a way to track these number on paper and combine the skips, sums, roots to get a good hit?

I select numbers by frequency. If they hit less than a month ago, I don't play them, or more than 3-4 month.

So, you are saying that I should dump holding Pick 3 number and start tracking the skips, sums, roots. When the same numbers starts to appear under the different methods; I should play that number with more money.

I will search for those terms to see if there is some kind of tracking chart or software that funnels the skips, sums, roots, odd, evens, positions, and patterns into a few good numbers to play. That sounds like a good idea for a software programmer.

Thanks for you reply grwurston.

The best software to track all this stuff is Lotsoft. I think there is a free trial version. I agree with the previous poster, don't have 'pet' numbers unless the 'pet' number is only for a few weeks  because you will wind up losing more than winning. Some numbers don't show for years. You have to do some tracking.

Play to win!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
          United States
          Member #110060
          April 25, 2011
          115 Posts
          Posted: March 2, 2012, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Thanks, that is what I was just searching for. Lotsoft, i'm on it!

Tracking sounds good. It seems like I need more than frequency tracking.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
            Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4878 Posts
            Posted: March 2, 2012, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, that is what I was just searching for. Lotsoft, i'm on it!

Tracking sounds good. It seems like I need more than frequency tracking.

The more different things you track the more you can narrow down your numbers to play. It will also help you see whats hot and cold or due. Sometimes things will contradict each other a little, but with time you will get a feel for it.  Don't be afraid to experiment.

I have gotten ideas, made up charts to track and then found out it didn't help much, other times it does. It's all part of the learning process. You want to always try to put the odds or percentages in your favor.  The more you study the more you will see. Graph paper is good for using or making charts. There is no right or wrong way, the best way is what works best for you.

Good luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
              United States
              Member #110060
              April 25, 2011
              115 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2012, 2:32 am - IP Logged

In the Predictions area in Lottery Post under the name of million dollar winners, I see Hit Ratios of 1%, 2%, and I think one person was as high as  5%. I assume that they use every method in the book to win. Are their hit ratios high? If those ratios are right, in my spare time I will really need to study the numbers.

I looked at Lotsoft and see that it will take time to learn how to use it.

Thanks

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
                Texas
                United States
                Member #114703
                August 5, 2011
                4623 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2012, 2:46 am - IP Logged

googler-I disagree, I'm a budget player in pick 3,the 3 numbers I like are 616,199 and 313 in Texas, here in texas the pattern seems to be if the number hit day then it should hit night next time it hits..I actually lost money playing other numbers...the order seems to be 313,616, and 199, the 616 hit mid november and yes been playing the 199 since then, the last time before that it hit on days, so I should have stuck with my guns and only played that number only for night as straight/box, if I would have done that yes I would have been playing it for close to 4 months-1.00 times 4 months is 120 dollars and my profit was 330 tonight, when i play multiple numbers I'm typically way off and money is wasted then, my only other tip would be to play doubles..good luck to you

and it is a given that this system doesn't hold up if your number decides to hit in anything but exact order

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #58526
                  February 18, 2008
                  683 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2012, 3:18 am - IP Logged

Here are my tips for Pick 3 and Pick 4:

First, understand the odds you are up against. There are 1000 straight combos for Pick 3 (220 boxed) and 10,000 straight combos for Pick 4 (715 boxed). Pick 3/4 are negative expectation games meaning you can't play all the different combinations for a given draw and make a profit. That is a pretty obvious point, but still good to think about because that means we have to narrow down the combos we play by quite a lot to have any chance of making a profit.

Second, if you have the ability to do it, playing the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games online (I wont mention any websites) is better because you can play any state you want (or all of them) and the payouts are WAY better. This is just my opinion and there are those here who oppose playing online, but I haven't had any bad experiences and I've taken payouts from the website I use and always get my money. Playing online gives you access to many more states to play and thus can also easily lead to overspending and over-loosing. You have to know your financial limitations and play accordingly no matter where or how you play.

Third, and this is the secret in my opinion, is use any advantage you can find. Here is my advantage: There are 715 possible boxed combinations for Pick 4. If you filter those combinations for only the ones that have two low numbers and two high numbers (HHLL), two even and two odd (EEOO), and are either singles or doubles (ABCD or AABC) that will leave you with 68 combinations. Those 68 combinations are 11.5% of the possible boxed combinations. For some strange reason, however, you will find that those combos hit at a higher rate than that. For example, yesterday (March 2nd) those 68 combinations accounted for 14 hits out of 61 draws for all states. That's a hit rate of 23%. I call these 68 combos the "Magic" combinations for Pick 4 because they outperform their probability. I play 4 to 6 of these 68 combinations for all states online and have been making a profit doing it. I choose my combinations to play by tracking the stats for those 68 "magic" combos. The same method can be used for Pick 3. Filter the boxed combos down to only the ones that are singles (ABC), a mix of high and low (HHL or HLL), and a mix of even and odd (EEO or EOO) and that leaves you with 82 of the possible 220 boxed combos (37.3%) and those 82 "magic" combos usually outperform their probability as well. Yesterday they accounted for 31 out of 64 Pick 3 draws for a hit rate of 48.4%. See? MAGIC.

I hope some of this information, as well as the posts by others in this thread, get you started down a path of success. Good luck!

Texas
                    United States
                    Member #114703
                    August 5, 2011
                    4623 Posts
                    Posted: March 3, 2012, 5:31 am - IP Logged

texas mad-been looking for an online site, please pm me so that I can give you my email addy thanks

Virginia Beach, Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #110060
                      April 25, 2011
                      115 Posts
                      Posted: March 3, 2012, 10:32 am - IP Logged

googler-I disagree, I'm a budget player in pick 3,the 3 numbers I like are 616,199 and 313 in Texas, here in texas the pattern seems to be if the number hit day then it should hit night next time it hits..I actually lost money playing other numbers...the order seems to be 313,616, and 199, the 616 hit mid november and yes been playing the 199 since then, the last time before that it hit on days, so I should have stuck with my guns and only played that number only for night as straight/box, if I would have done that yes I would have been playing it for close to 4 months-1.00 times 4 months is 120 dollars and my profit was 330 tonight, when i play multiple numbers I'm typically way off and money is wasted then, my only other tip would be to play doubles..good luck to you

and it is a given that this system doesn't hold up if your number decides to hit in anything but exact order

In Virginia, Pick 3 Doubles hit close to 30% of the time. I never watch the patterns because I am such a not believer on stuff generally, which I need to change. I need to suspend my disbelief and let the Karma flow. :)  I do know that 146 is hot in Virginia. Thanks, I will add patterns.  Oh, i'm not sure what you disagree with.

What about playing doubles so it becomes Pick 2.

616  661  166    Exact Only

or Mirror

616  661  166    and

161  116  611 

so you can hit exact money as long as there is a 6 and a 1?  I have learned a few things here. It does cost more.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
                        United States
                        Member #110060
                        April 25, 2011
                        115 Posts
                        Posted: March 3, 2012, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Here are my tips for Pick 3 and Pick 4:

First, understand the odds you are up against. There are 1000 straight combos for Pick 3 (220 boxed) and 10,000 straight combos for Pick 4 (715 boxed). Pick 3/4 are negative expectation games meaning you can't play all the different combinations for a given draw and make a profit. That is a pretty obvious point, but still good to think about because that means we have to narrow down the combos we play by quite a lot to have any chance of making a profit.

Second, if you have the ability to do it, playing the Pick 3 and Pick 4 games online (I wont mention any websites) is better because you can play any state you want (or all of them) and the payouts are WAY better. This is just my opinion and there are those here who oppose playing online, but I haven't had any bad experiences and I've taken payouts from the website I use and always get my money. Playing online gives you access to many more states to play and thus can also easily lead to overspending and over-loosing. You have to know your financial limitations and play accordingly no matter where or how you play.

Third, and this is the secret in my opinion, is use any advantage you can find. Here is my advantage: There are 715 possible boxed combinations for Pick 4. If you filter those combinations for only the ones that have two low numbers and two high numbers (HHLL), two even and two odd (EEOO), and are either singles or doubles (ABCD or AABC) that will leave you with 68 combinations. Those 68 combinations are 11.5% of the possible boxed combinations. For some strange reason, however, you will find that those combos hit at a higher rate than that. For example, yesterday (March 2nd) those 68 combinations accounted for 14 hits out of 61 draws for all states. That's a hit rate of 23%. I call these 68 combos the "Magic" combinations for Pick 4 because they outperform their probability. I play 4 to 6 of these 68 combinations for all states online and have been making a profit doing it. I choose my combinations to play by tracking the stats for those 68 "magic" combos. The same method can be used for Pick 3. Filter the boxed combos down to only the ones that are singles (ABC), a mix of high and low (HHL or HLL), and a mix of even and odd (EEO or EOO) and that leaves you with 82 of the possible 220 boxed combos (37.3%) and those 82 "magic" combos usually outperform their probability as well. Yesterday they accounted for 31 out of 64 Pick 3 draws for a hit rate of 48.4%. See? MAGIC.

I hope some of this information, as well as the posts by others in this thread, get you started down a path of success. Good luck!

I will try this. The odds are sweet. 

You stated, "I choose my combinations to play by tracking the stats for those 68 "magic" combos."  What stats do you use to narrow down the 4-6 combinations that you play?

(TIP) I like high frequency numbers that are also recent (1-3 month winners.)

I have learned enough to understand what you are saying. It is explained very well. I am printing all of these tips, but really like this. I also know two sites, plus Lottery Post where these functions can be performed.

This forum was started so that both newbees and pros could learn new approaches to winning.

Thanks for these great tips.

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #58526
                          February 18, 2008
                          683 Posts
                          Posted: March 3, 2012, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

What stats do you use to narrow down the 4-6 combinations that you play?

Haha...that is the million dollar question. I track how many times each of the combos has hit the last 6 or 7 days. I like to play combos that haven't hit in that span. For March 2nd, 33 of the 68 combos had not hit in the last 6 days. That day, 10 of those 33 hit which is 30.3% of the "0 hit" combos. That's why I choose to play those.

For today these combos haven't hit in last 6 days:

1168025900574479445734893456249924772455236722791469138812891269126712580499047703670299027902550178016700790059

I chose 6 of these to play box for all states:

0079 0178 0367 1258 1267 2455

Texas
                            United States
                            Member #114703
                            August 5, 2011
                            4623 Posts
                            Posted: March 3, 2012, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

oops googler, I disagree with grwuston about not playing a number over and over, I was  a bit tired when i posted..and to the one who mentioned playing based on pairs that is a good method for alot of states just doesn't seem to work in texas

Virginia Beach, Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #110060
                              April 25, 2011
                              115 Posts
                              Posted: March 3, 2012, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

OK, I understand.

(TIP) The reason that like to play them for at least 3 months is I only play Pick 3, top 10-20 high frequeny numbers that have also hit in the last 1 to 3 months. That is the only reason that I keep playing them. If the numbers have not been hitting, I don't play them at all. Inactive numbers will hit, but you just cannot play them all. So, grwuston is right, but I do get good hits in the high frequency area.

(TIP) I created pairs by combining the high frequency front pair, say  328 (32)   and the high frequency back pair, 524 (24) = 324    The 2 is common to both 524 and 328.

It worked pretty good for awhile, then I moved on. It might be called something, maybe combined high frequency pairs.

Use my tips with caution, i'm just an idea guy with little lottery knowdedge.    = Novice

Now, I will try tracking with Lotsoft software.