Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wisconsin MegaBucks $$

Topic closed. 206 replies. Last post 1 year ago by Nikkicute.

Page 13 of 14
PrintE-mailLink
Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
Wisconsin
United States
Member #123290
February 17, 2012
3051 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2015, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

MegaBucks $$$

$17 million alreadyWhat? wow that was fast!

Change from last:

$400,000 whoa!! Perhaps the Powerball jackpot had something to do with it.

Players wanting to hit i big!

!

JustJim's avatar - driver
    SunPrairie Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #162093
    December 21, 2014
    126 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2015, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Kind of like that Energizer bunny in a way, it keeps growing and growing....(I know, a bad pun!)  I'm happier throwing some of my extra cash at this rather than powerball, I still hold a grudge since they raised it from $1 to $2.

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

wisconsin
      United States
      Member #130754
      July 23, 2012
      198 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2015, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Kind of like that Energizer bunny in a way, it keeps growing and growing....(I know, a bad pun!)  I'm happier throwing some of my extra cash at this rather than powerball, I still hold a grudge since they raised it from $1 to $2.

I agree with you. I actually like playing megabucks and have no issue with tossing a few extra bucks that would have went to Powerball.

The only thing that I hate is the rate of which it climbs.

Slowly....

SunPrairie Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #162093
        December 21, 2014
        126 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2015, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

I think I remember getting an email from Wi Lottery saying Saturday's jackpot was the 2nd highest....time to wheel a few tickets!

Here's wishing everyone the good fortune they're looking for.  Remember, if you happen to win more than a couple bucks, try and donate a little to one of your favorite charities - keep that positive mojo working!

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #123290
          February 17, 2012
          3051 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2015, 3:01 am - IP Logged

I think I remember getting an email from Wi Lottery saying Saturday's jackpot was the 2nd highest....time to wheel a few tickets!

Largest jackpot$20.3 Million

Almost there!! I hope it gets past this to become even bigger!Banana!

Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #163765
            February 9, 2015
            21 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2015, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

I suppose it would be cool to break the record... but, it has already set a cash value record, so I am still hoping someone (me please!) finally wins it. Smiley  I have already scaled back the amount I spend on each drawing.  $1 of my own picks and $1 of quick picks.

United States
              Member #161539
              December 3, 2014
              328 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2015, 7:35 am - IP Logged
              Largest jackpot$20.3 Million

Almost there!! I hope it gets past this to become even bigger!Banana!

I just finished reading about your 6/49 game ... looks very interesting and a great cash jackpot. Perhaps some of you have read some of my posts on the PA Match 6 (6/49) game. It struggles to get to $2 million and beyond these days ... used to hover around $4 million and a few times around $6 to 8 million.

Never get those size jackpots in PA ... I wonder why they have an annuity jackpot part ... just work with a cash jackpot only, which most people probably would take over the "25 years" deal ... take the money and run !

I feel the same with MM and PB ... just deal with a cash jackpot ... stop with the "smoke and mirrors".

I'd really be happy myself with a chance at a $12 million dollar jackpot on the PA 6/49 game ... you guys are lucky to have a shot like that.

Our tickets cost $2 but we get three lines which puts the odds at 1 in 4,661,272 but we can also get some money with numbers all over the ticket ... it sort of like two games for a $2 ticket.

Now if you spend $2 you actually get four lines to win something, which makes your odds at winning even better ... if I read everything right. I went to the WI lottery website to check it out ... the 6/49 games interest me since the odds are better than MM and PB. I'm still pumping money into MM for a shot at a really nice jackpot.

There's a house waiting for me somewhere in the Virgin Islands ...

Good luck ... wish PA had a jackpot like that.

Have one question that I couldn't find the answer ... when the jackpot gets hit, what is the new starting jackpot?

Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #163765
                February 9, 2015
                21 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2015, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I just finished reading about your 6/49 game ... looks very interesting and a great cash jackpot. Perhaps some of you have read some of my posts on the PA Match 6 (6/49) game. It struggles to get to $2 million and beyond these days ... used to hover around $4 million and a few times around $6 to 8 million.

Never get those size jackpots in PA ... I wonder why they have an annuity jackpot part ... just work with a cash jackpot only, which most people probably would take over the "25 years" deal ... take the money and run !

I feel the same with MM and PB ... just deal with a cash jackpot ... stop with the "smoke and mirrors".

I'd really be happy myself with a chance at a $12 million dollar jackpot on the PA 6/49 game ... you guys are lucky to have a shot like that.

Our tickets cost $2 but we get three lines which puts the odds at 1 in 4,661,272 but we can also get some money with numbers all over the ticket ... it sort of like two games for a $2 ticket.

Now if you spend $2 you actually get four lines to win something, which makes your odds at winning even better ... if I read everything right. I went to the WI lottery website to check it out ... the 6/49 games interest me since the odds are better than MM and PB. I'm still pumping money into MM for a shot at a really nice jackpot.

There's a house waiting for me somewhere in the Virgin Islands ...

Good luck ... wish PA had a jackpot like that.

Have one question that I couldn't find the answer ... when the jackpot gets hit, what is the new starting jackpot?

The starting jackpot for WI's Megabucks is 1 mil.  It really takes a long time for the jackpot to crawl up this high... I'd have to look it up but I think it's been nearly a year and a half since this jackpot started rolling.

The lack of bigger jackpots in PA probably has to do with PA's population being more than double of WI's.  I just looked up the number of winners from the last Megabucks draw and, based on number of 2nd and 3rd prize winners, I'd estimate there were only $200,000-$300,000 of money spent, so that is only a small fraction of the total amount of possible numbers.  But even still... I still find it pretty surprising this thing hasn't been hit yet!

As for annuity vs. cash... I would probably always choose cash, but I can see some value for some people to have the annuity option.  I think it would help keep a lot of people from blowing through their winnings too fast if they chose the annuity.  Although I am sure the lotteries don't care about that and just want to market higher jackpot totals. Disapprove

United States
                  Member #161539
                  December 3, 2014
                  328 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2015, 9:52 am - IP Logged

The starting jackpot for WI's Megabucks is 1 mil.  It really takes a long time for the jackpot to crawl up this high... I'd have to look it up but I think it's been nearly a year and a half since this jackpot started rolling.

The lack of bigger jackpots in PA probably has to do with PA's population being more than double of WI's.  I just looked up the number of winners from the last Megabucks draw and, based on number of 2nd and 3rd prize winners, I'd estimate there were only $200,000-$300,000 of money spent, so that is only a small fraction of the total amount of possible numbers.  But even still... I still find it pretty surprising this thing hasn't been hit yet!

As for annuity vs. cash... I would probably always choose cash, but I can see some value for some people to have the annuity option.  I think it would help keep a lot of people from blowing through their winnings too fast if they chose the annuity.  Although I am sure the lotteries don't care about that and just want to market higher jackpot totals. Disapprove

In PA the starting jackpot is $500,000 so it can take a whole month or five weeks just to get to $1 million dollars. It starts to move a little better after that.

Yes, you are correct, the difference in population probably has a lot to do with PA having smaller jackpots plus I have another theory, unproven of course ... maybe more people have given up or cut back on MM and PB going after better odds to win something.

Thinking about it ... the "smaller population" actually works or is a plus for you in this game ... it gives the jackpot a chance to grow and it costs you as a player nothing. It still cost a dollar to play, the odds are still the same but the jackpot can get high and not have to keep starting over every month or two.

So if you play and get lucky one day, the odds are that a person should or could hit a decent jackpot.

When you say the starting jackpot is $1 million dollars ... that's for a 25 yr annuity right ... what would be the cash option for a $1 million win?

Good luck ... WI is too far away to drive over for some tickets so I will have to pass at the current $12 million cash plus.

cw

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #163765
                    February 9, 2015
                    21 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2015, 9:40 am - IP Logged

Wow, $500,000 at a 1 in 4.6 million seems a bit low to start at imo.  I think you could be on to something with PB/MM fatigue... I know that was the case for me.  I was sick of getting nothing in PB and then thinking about just how astronomical 1 in 175 million is.  1 in 7 million (Megabucks) is still next to impossible, but at least I feel like it's a much better play and a 12.6 million jackpot is still completely life changing.  And hey, if I did win Megabucks, it would attract a lot less attention than winning Powerball!

Good question about starting cash value... it has been so long, I can't even remember where the cash value starts!  Hopefully we will find out soon! Smile

Coming from a smaller population base definitely is a plus I think.  I know a stats guy would probably tell me I am way off base, but I see it this way... It appears that about a quarter of a million (roughly) people play each Megabucks draw.  SOMEONE is going to eventually win the jackpot.  So as long as I am in the game for each draw, I consider my odds at essentially 1 in 250,000 instead of 1 in 7 million.  And a 1 in 250,000 chance to win 12 million sounds really good to me!

United States
                      Member #161539
                      December 3, 2014
                      328 Posts
                      Posted: February 26, 2015, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Wow, $500,000 at a 1 in 4.6 million seems a bit low to start at imo.  I think you could be on to something with PB/MM fatigue... I know that was the case for me.  I was sick of getting nothing in PB and then thinking about just how astronomical 1 in 175 million is.  1 in 7 million (Megabucks) is still next to impossible, but at least I feel like it's a much better play and a 12.6 million jackpot is still completely life changing.  And hey, if I did win Megabucks, it would attract a lot less attention than winning Powerball!

Good question about starting cash value... it has been so long, I can't even remember where the cash value starts!  Hopefully we will find out soon! Smile

Coming from a smaller population base definitely is a plus I think.  I know a stats guy would probably tell me I am way off base, but I see it this way... It appears that about a quarter of a million (roughly) people play each Megabucks draw.  SOMEONE is going to eventually win the jackpot.  So as long as I am in the game for each draw, I consider my odds at essentially 1 in 250,000 instead of 1 in 7 million.  And a 1 in 250,000 chance to win 12 million sounds really good to me!

Well the starting amount of $500,000 is all cash for the PA 6/49 ... no annuity, but it still seems to increase slowly.

I hope you and others will continue to post information on this game ... current jackpot, cash amount and if it gets hit. I can go to the WI lottery site every so often when I think of it.

CW

wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #130754
                        July 23, 2012
                        198 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2015, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Wednesday, March 11, 2015
                        $18.4 Million Annuity
                        $13.0 MILLION Cash

Saturday, March 07, 2015
                        $17.8 Million Annuity
                        $12.9 MILLION Cash

Holy jump in annuity, Batman.

Wisconsin
                          United States
                          Member #123290
                          February 17, 2012
                          3051 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2015, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Wednesday, March 11, 2015
                          $18.4 Million Annuity
                          $13.0 MILLION Cash

Saturday, March 07, 2015
                          $17.8 Million Annuity
                          $12.9 MILLION Cash

Holy jump in annuity, Batman.

lolLOL Yes, more $$$ Go MegaBucks!!

Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #163765
                            February 9, 2015
                            21 Posts
                            Posted: March 12, 2015, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

I cannot believe this jackpot is STILL growing!  I am still playing a dollar or two on each one of the drawings until it finally hits... which could be a year from now apparently.

SunPrairie Wisconsin
                              United States
                              Member #162093
                              December 21, 2014
                              126 Posts
                              Posted: March 13, 2015, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

A record amount for tomorrow's draw.  Glad I won a few bucks on some scratchers this morning, I'm using house money. 

Page 13 of 14