Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who is going to play the new game "Lucky for Life" in New England?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by JonnyBgood07.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2012, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm just curious who is going to play the new lottery game "Lucky for Life" in New England.  I've been reading up on this new game just wish they were not charging 2 dollars to play it.  I do like the fact that the odds are better than MM or PB since you need to get 5 numbers out of 40 and 1 lucky ball out of 21.  I love the fact that the grand prize is 7,000 a week for life but the 2nd prize is 25,000 and wish it was more.  I'm glad there is a new game in the mix just wish they kept it at a dollar instead of charging 2 bucks.  In my state we have Mass Cash that is a dollar to play and top prize is 100,000, you have to get 5 numbers out of 35. The ironic thing is that I rarely win anything on Mass Cash even though the odds are much better than PB or MM so I'm not sure my luck will be any better with this new game. I'm still going to play just wondered what other people thought about the new game and if people are going to play.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2012, 11:32 am - IP Logged

I'm on the CT border so I was gonna get a bunch of tickets but i think they made it worse. They say the odds were cut in half to win any prize. Its not a new game. Before you picked 4+1 for 2k a week. Now you need 5+1. Before you picked 1-39/1-39. Now its 1-40/1-21. Yea the smaller prizes suck too.

United States
      Member #122468
      February 1, 2012
      530 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2012, 11:38 am - IP Logged

I'm on the CT border so I was gonna get a bunch of tickets but i think they made it worse. They say the odds were cut in half to win any prize. Its not a new game. Before you picked 4+1 for 2k a week. Now you need 5+1. Before you picked 1-39/1-39. Now its 1-40/1-21. Yea the smaller prizes suck too.

Hi RedStang,

Thanks for that info.  In my state we haven't had this game before but didn't know it had already existed. Looking at what you point out you're right the odds were better before, even if the top prize was 2k a week and now it's 7k a week. Guess we both agree the smaller prizes are not good.

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2012, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Just picked up my two numbers this morning. First drawing will be this Thursday. I intend to be the first jackpot winner, so don't bother playing

unless your just looking for chump change in the lower tier prizes.    Crying

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
          Taunton, Ma
          United States
          Member #123005
          February 11, 2012
          136 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2012, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I gotta be honest. I'm not really interested in this one. I would rather put my money into pb or mm. No lump sum for the jackpot winner is a deal breaker for me.

Scratchies for the win!

We are in a two-party dictatorship. You want change ? Vote third partyThumbs Up

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2012, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm just curious who is going to play the new lottery game "Lucky for Life" in New England.  I've been reading up on this new game just wish they were not charging 2 dollars to play it.  I do like the fact that the odds are better than MM or PB since you need to get 5 numbers out of 40 and 1 lucky ball out of 21.  I love the fact that the grand prize is 7,000 a week for life but the 2nd prize is 25,000 and wish it was more.  I'm glad there is a new game in the mix just wish they kept it at a dollar instead of charging 2 bucks.  In my state we have Mass Cash that is a dollar to play and top prize is 100,000, you have to get 5 numbers out of 35. The ironic thing is that I rarely win anything on Mass Cash even though the odds are much better than PB or MM so I'm not sure my luck will be any better with this new game. I'm still going to play just wondered what other people thought about the new game and if people are going to play.

I go to Mass. once a week and alway's get a few QP'S for the Mash Cash. I've hit 4 numbers a couple of times ($250). A number that I was playing

a few years back (2, 10, 13, 29, 33) actually came up, but I didn't make it to Mass. that week to play the numbers. $100K down the drain!    Crying 

Thinking of...

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
              Taunton, Ma
              United States
              Member #123005
              February 11, 2012
              136 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2012, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I go to Mass. once a week and alway's get a few QP'S for the Mash Cash. I've hit 4 numbers a couple of times ($250). A number that I was playing

a few years back (2, 10, 13, 29, 33) actually came up, but I didn't make it to Mass. that week to play the numbers. $100K down the drain!    Crying 

Thinking of...

It's always when you don't play when your numbers hit. Never fails

Scratchies for the win!

We are in a two-party dictatorship. You want change ? Vote third partyThumbs Up

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2012, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

It's always when you don't play when your numbers hit. Never fails

Don't rub it in.    Poke LOL

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Oklahoma needs to get this game.....

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                    Connecticut
                    United States
                    Member #61623
                    May 29, 2008
                    20581 Posts
                    Posted: March 11, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

here's the prize structure

Match (in any order)Prize (up to)Odds
                    5 Numbers + Lucky Ball$7,000 A WEEK FOR LIFE(1)1 in 13,818,168
                    5 Numbers$25,000(2)1 in 690,908
                    4 Numbers + Lucky Ball$2,000(3)1 in 78,916
                    4 Numbers$1001 in 3,948
                    3 Numbers + Lucky Ball$501 in 2,322
                    3 Numbers$101 in 116
                    2 Numbers + Lucky Ball$151 in 211
                    2 Numbers$21 in 11
                    1 + Lucky Ball$51 in 53
                    Lucky Ball Number$41 in 43
                                 *Overall odds are 1 in 6.6, based on a $2 play. Top prize values subject to "split-prize" liability, and may be lower than shown. See Official Game Rules. Purchasers must be 18 or older.           

SPLIT PRIZE PAYOUT INFORMATION              TOP PRIZE 5+1 EXAMPLE
                                 (1) Minimum top prize payment period is 20 years. Top prize amount shown is based on one winning ticket. Top prize values governed by “split-prize” liability; the top prize is divided equally among the top prize tickets, and may be less than shown.
                    1 top prize ticket:  The prize value is $7,000 a Week For Life. 2 - 14 top prize tickets:  The prize value is split equally among the winning tickets; the minimum prize value for this category is $500 a week for life. 15 or more top prize tickets:  The top prize liability of $7,687,024 is split equally among all top prize winning tickets and paid in one lump sum payment. The minimum prize value for this category is $26,000.

SECOND PRIZE 5 + 0 EXAMPLE

(2) $25,000 5 + 0 prize value is guaranteed to 100 winning tickets. If the number of winning tickets exceeds 100, the total prize liability of $2,500,000 is divided equally among the 5 + 0 prize winning tickets. The minimum prize value for this category is $2,000.

THIRD PRIZE 4 + 1 EXAMPLE
                                 (3) $2,000 4 + 1 prize value is guaranteed to 1,000 winning tickets. If the number of winning tickets exceeds 1,000, the total prize liability of $2,000,000 is divided equally among the winning tickets. The minimum prize value for this category is $100.

All prizes are rounded to the nearest whole dollar.  Special rules apply to multiple winners and winners that are not natural persons; See Official Game Rules.

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2012, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

here's the prize structure

Match (in any order)Prize (up to)Odds
                      5 Numbers + Lucky Ball$7,000 A WEEK FOR LIFE(1)1 in 13,818,168
                      5 Numbers$25,000(2)1 in 690,908
                      4 Numbers + Lucky Ball$2,000(3)1 in 78,916
                      4 Numbers$1001 in 3,948
                      3 Numbers + Lucky Ball$501 in 2,322
                      3 Numbers$101 in 116
                      2 Numbers + Lucky Ball$151 in 211
                      2 Numbers$21 in 11
                      1 + Lucky Ball$51 in 53
                      Lucky Ball Number$41 in 43
                                   *Overall odds are 1 in 6.6, based on a $2 play. Top prize values subject to "split-prize" liability, and may be lower than shown. See Official Game Rules. Purchasers must be 18 or older.           

SPLIT PRIZE PAYOUT INFORMATION              TOP PRIZE 5+1 EXAMPLE
                                   (1) Minimum top prize payment period is 20 years. Top prize amount shown is based on one winning ticket. Top prize values governed by “split-prize” liability; the top prize is divided equally among the top prize tickets, and may be less than shown.
                      1 top prize ticket:  The prize value is $7,000 a Week For Life. 2 - 14 top prize tickets:  The prize value is split equally among the winning tickets; the minimum prize value for this category is $500 a week for life. 15 or more top prize tickets:  The top prize liability of $7,687,024 is split equally among all top prize winning tickets and paid in one lump sum payment. The minimum prize value for this category is $26,000.

SECOND PRIZE 5 + 0 EXAMPLE

(2) $25,000 5 + 0 prize value is guaranteed to 100 winning tickets. If the number of winning tickets exceeds 100, the total prize liability of $2,500,000 is divided equally among the 5 + 0 prize winning tickets. The minimum prize value for this category is $2,000.

THIRD PRIZE 4 + 1 EXAMPLE
                                   (3) $2,000 4 + 1 prize value is guaranteed to 1,000 winning tickets. If the number of winning tickets exceeds 1,000, the total prize liability of $2,000,000 is divided equally among the winning tickets. The minimum prize value for this category is $100.

All prizes are rounded to the nearest whole dollar.  Special rules apply to multiple winners and winners that are not natural persons; See Official Game Rules.

I see your from CT, will you be playing this game?

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                        NY
                        United States
                        Member #121961
                        January 21, 2012
                        3157 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2012, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Thinking of...

Any chance you go to that lucky stateline mobil station that was featured on tlc.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                          Connecticut
                          United States
                          Member #61623
                          May 29, 2008
                          20581 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I see your from CT, will you be playing this game?

sure from time to time....7 g's a week is more appealing than our other JP games and scratchers

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."