Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win MM, name something "odd" you'd do...

Topic closed. 90 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artemis.

Page 5 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4783 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I would do the Kmart thing at Christmas time...did it for one person this past year.  It was fun to be anonymous also. But this time, it would be on a grander scale.

meetoo's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #124862
    March 21, 2012
    41 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Instead of infroming family and friends of winning it may be interesting to mail annonymously large sums of cash to them and watch what they do with it.

I may even find humor in watching them try to figure where it came from.

May You Prosper and be in Health!

Left Coast
      United States
      Member #122298
      January 28, 2012
      125 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Take Greyhound back home to tell the rest of my family the good newsSun Smiley

I love this one. Cross-country on a bus. Alone to reflect. Perfect.

Glenn123's avatar - praying hands.jpg
        Amarillo,Texas
        United States
        Member #26963
        November 25, 2005
        416 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

I would buy an old ice-cream truck (like the ones that run around the neighborhood)and fill it up with ice-cream bars,cups etc,and give them away to the little kids that stand by the curb wanting ice-cream but have no money to get any.....Reminds me of my childhood...

I might have wandered but i'm not lost!!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2012, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

I'd spend money on those dumb Farmville type games on Google and Facebook. It would be something I wouldn't do otherwise and so for me would just really make it sink it that I have a ridiculous amount of money.

Left Coast
            United States
            Member #122298
            January 28, 2012
            125 Posts
            Posted: March 28, 2012, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

One that would be vetoed by my family and financial advisor: there is a radio station I love that is struggling. They let the overnight staff go, got rid of some remote transmitters, and have to charge for online streaming. I'd love to give them enough to get back to full strength for several years.

It's silly. Only if there was an astronomical jackpot or a second windfall from an investment.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: March 28, 2012, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I'd fund free American History and Constitution Classes across the country and put up billboards across the country telling people what our government is trying to do to the Constitution.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2012, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I'd fund free American History and Constitution Classes across the country and put up billboards across the country telling people what our government is trying to do to the Constitution.

May not be enough billboard space for that  Approve

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2012, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

May not be enough billboard space for that  Approve

LOL, you got a good point there, CD.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #124811
                    March 20, 2012
                    4 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2012, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I would donate $125,000,000 USD to top rated secular tax deductible

qualified charities before the end of this year, thereby offsetting

pretty much dollar for dollar, the 35% federal tax paid or due.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      Gurnee, Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #49731
                      February 12, 2007
                      917 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2012, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

I would renovate my house only to move into a rental apartment.  I would make traveling my new "job".  I would change my name.  I would buy an island.  I would get divorced, become a Muslim and marry 4 wives.  Can anyone top that for odd?!

Signed,

Barack Husein Obama X

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Gurnee, Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #49731
                        February 12, 2007
                        917 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2012, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I would donate $125,000,000 USD to top rated secular tax deductible

qualified charities before the end of this year, thereby offsetting

pretty much dollar for dollar, the 35% federal tax paid or due.

What? I hope you are aware there is a cap on how much you can deduct through donations...you might want to consult an accountant before you make such a foolhardy move.  I would never donate merely for the tax savings since for every dollar you donate, you only save 35 cents.  I would be happy with the other 65 cents per dollar still in my pocket.

Call me stupid, but I think you might want to look in the mirror and say that!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                          Economy class
                          Belgium
                          Member #123700
                          February 27, 2012
                          4035 Posts
                          Posted: March 28, 2012, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I would buy tickets for the next drawing. Clown

Gurnee, Illinois
                            United States
                            Member #49731
                            February 12, 2007
                            917 Posts
                            Posted: March 28, 2012, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

I'll open up a convenience store, sit behind the counter and stratch tickets all day.Smiley

Hope you plan on putting up bullet proof glass as you would become a target.  And what is the fun in that?  I would much rather be chillin' in a lear jet or in first-class on name your airline, riding around in luxury cars, and visiting nice and interesting places.  I would not take up dangerous activities until my last days.  But sit behind a counter of a store and scratch tickets all day?  You might want to call into your state lottery gambling help line if that is your idea of fun!  Lawd have mercy!

Gurnee, Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #49731
                              February 12, 2007
                              917 Posts
                              Posted: March 28, 2012, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Take Greyhound back home to tell the rest of my family the good newsSun Smiley

So your good luck would have enabled you to win this mondo millions jackpot, but wouldn't it just be your luck to get on a greyhound bus that is packed full of misfits and that catches on fire out in the middle of nowhere!  No thank you...I would fly first-class and I wouldn't tell a soul beside my brother.  I wouldn't tell my mom, my other brothers or any of my other family and friends.  I wouldn't even tell my wife though she would eventually figure it out....perhaps.  But I have such a great cover that even she might be still clueless after the big win.