Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win MM, name something "odd" you'd do...

Topic closed. 90 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artemis.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2012, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Ooh... will u bring Johnny cash and Buddy Holly too please?!?!?!

Funny you should mention Johnny, ashabug. Although I'm a huge Rock & Roll fan, Cash is the one C & W singer that I really love!

His music was dark, mysterious, funny and legendary! So sure, let's bring back Johnny and Buddy as well!!!   Guitar  Guitar

A few of my fav's from Johnny: Ring of Fire, I Walk the Line, Folsom Prison Blues, Big River, Jackson, A Boy Named Sue.

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #122868
    February 9, 2012
    322 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2012, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Funny you should mention Johnny, ashabug. Although I'm a huge Rock & Roll fan, Cash is the one C & W singer that I really love!

His music was dark, mysterious, funny and legendary! So sure, let's bring back Johnny and Buddy as well!!!   Guitar  Guitar

A few of my fav's from Johnny: Ring of Fire, I Walk the Line, Folsom Prison Blues, Big River, Jackson, A Boy Named Sue.

I think anybody who truly loves music is a fan of Johnny Cash's... i think his guitar was in general 3 chords yet he still rocked it... i unfortunately never got to appreciate him enough... im 26.. but i was raised listening to 50's and 60's.... then i grew into rock a Lil and country... Kurt cobain was a genius... buddy holly has always been a favorite of mine... naturally Elvis!!! lol

I wish I may, I wish I might...
               Win the Powerball jackpot THIS big night!!!

NJJim's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
      Bergen County NJ
      United States
      Member #104849
      January 21, 2011
      443 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2012, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

I would tie 10$ bills to balloons and send them off. Always liked the wheres george site. If i drink enough Georgia Moon, i might even do some 20$.

I had a post all ready on my phone and LOST IT! Argh! 

Let me see if I can remember all of it now that I'm back home at my desktop...

I tend to take "what ifs" like this and over think them, because everything is fraught with complications, fallout, and liabilities.

Example:  You know, RedStang, I actually have sent a few $1 and even $5 bills off on balloons before, just a couple times, and I had thought of putting a yahoo email on it asking them to check in, but I decided not to - good thing too, because I also got lectured by a friend after telling him what I did.  He has stories about balloons possibly being able to take down small aircraft and choke birds, etc... he's like that Saturday Night Live skit where the person always comes up with the fun killing side of every topic at a party to dampen the mood?

Basically, I would try to find a way to bring some joy into others lives WITHOUT it getting too crazy, or let's say, without it "corrupting" them in the process, so that would mean staying anonymous.   If it was the Christmas holiday season, it would be easy to leave nice "Care" packages on the doorsteps of very poor families.  I mean REAL poor ones. like third world poor in both the urban nightmare zones and the rural hovels all over the country.  But then I'd fret about whether they would enjoy it for what it is and take inspiration from it, or auction off the goodies for cash ( like gift cards for groceries and stuff)  to then get some nonsense and not use it on key things like their kids' school clothes or next months rent.  I guess when you give you can only control but so far how its used, especially if you want to stay anonymous. I guess I would feel strange or even alarmed if I found a package outside my door.  Some could feel that anger that comes from pride in thinking some neighbors are pitying them.

There have been news stories about a church or other charity that bought a homeless family a house, and one family took it and flipped it for the cash - still finds a more modest place to live but pockets the difference to the tune of like a 50K !

I actually thought if I hit it big - about getting a bunch of greeting cards with sappy positive phrases, and like a couple hundred bucks in it and hand them out to strangers that looked like they were carrying a dark cloud over them.  I'd have to give onbe out and split to avoid getting mobbed.  One Tv station had a Santa trying the hand out $5 bills and half the folks wouldnt take it because it was too strange. 

Also thought about doing a money drop - make it rain one dollar bills over a safe area, like a plaza or park so no one will be running out in the street and get hit, or cars screeching to stop and have pile ups.  I'd drop $1 bills so it can be a lot of them at a time, and so I could do it a number of times all over the country or world and not go broke!  But then, of course I think of the possibilies of chaos, especially if it becomes a press story and folks try to anticipate where the next drop will be.  There might be countless imitators that will do drops over unsafe areas and/or take credit as the philanthropist and try to get famous, like in that Dustin Hoffman/Andy Garcia movie(?)    Smaller built folks, kids and babies could risk being trampled in the scrambles, or worse case, somebody gets fistfull of the dough and gets stomped by the nearest thug.  You can't do anything without logistical headaches....

The crazyest personal thing, is I'd have to get, probably rent because I know I would eventually kill myself on it if I owned it - one of those "cigarette boats" like on Miami Vice ( look how old I am!) and run it up and down a few times.  Its gotta be safer than wilding out on a high speed motorcycle or a drag racing run.  I'd get my macho red blooded male testosterone thrill from it, and be done with it.   I'm too old and out of shape to do anything crazy on a sexual/Charlie Sheen with his Goddesses level.  I've always been deathly afraid of drugs and my rational mind would make me paranoid about STDs - dang it - can't even have a decent fantasy anymore - middle age is no fun!

Seems so simple: three digits, 168 to one odds when boxed... all you have to do is pick the right ones!

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #122868
        February 9, 2012
        322 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I would boycott walmart!!!!!  i hate going there!!

I wish I may, I wish I might...
                   Win the Powerball jackpot THIS big night!!!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2678 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

I would boycott walmart!!!!!  i hate going there!!

I Agree!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2012, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I would hand out car titles to everyone who has a note with us.. and give away the cars on the lot to those repeat customers..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
              NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
              United States
              Member #106371
              February 17, 2011
              9707 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2012, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

i would pay for every active user ON LP  Premium membership for a year . it will benefit all the members and Mr. todd.... as a teammember courtesy Big Grin

and for Ridge (rdgrnr i would give him a trip to amsterdam for a month ROFL

PETS#=105-215

LucyMontgomery's avatar - Jadyen

United States
                Member #123813
                February 29, 2012
                43 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2012, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

The oddest thing: Marrying a Hollywood starlet and get an ugly divorce after six months. Green laugh

bwhahaha I LOVE THIS. I'd do it too! omg it'd be awesome. Actually I'd go on a 24 date and marriage with Shia Labeouf...get an annulment the minute 24 hrs is up. He'd be so smitten with me by then he'd want to date me for real :)

lol i thought of something else odd. I'd buy a Bentley and crash it, just to show me 1)how fragile life is 2)how meaningless money can be! 

I'd also buy a room sized freezer to hold a lifetime supply of the new Eggo Thick Waffles. Those things are seriously the best food ive ever had lmao! so simple and they hit the spot! 

id also pay for half of the production of Nikita so it could get a 3rd season! lmao okay maybe not half, but maybe id personally pay the actors to do one more season.

United States
                  Member #124814
                  March 20, 2012
                  219 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2012, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

bwhahaha I LOVE THIS. I'd do it too! omg it'd be awesome. Actually I'd go on a 24 date and marriage with Shia Labeouf...get an annulment the minute 24 hrs is up. He'd be so smitten with me by then he'd want to date me for real :)

lol i thought of something else odd. I'd buy a Bentley and crash it, just to show me 1)how fragile life is 2)how meaningless money can be! 

I'd also buy a room sized freezer to hold a lifetime supply of the new Eggo Thick Waffles. Those things are seriously the best food ive ever had lmao! so simple and they hit the spot! 

id also pay for half of the production of Nikita so it could get a 3rd season! lmao okay maybe not half, but maybe id personally pay the actors to do one more season.

I love Nikita! Reports are that it will definitely get another season, and maybe 2 more because it'd give them enough for a syndication deal. Cross your fingers on that one.

Me personally, it's Heroes that I'd want to get back on the air.

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #58835
                    February 27, 2008
                    148 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2012, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I love all of these responses!! :)  Good luck to everyone!!

Pittsburgh,pa
                      United States
                      Member #125274
                      March 27, 2012
                      3 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2012, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Start a Mma and Pro wrestling company. lol

Bronx, NY
                        United States
                        Member #124198
                        March 8, 2012
                        105 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

This is truly odd but whenever I win MM, I would make the doors to one of the rooms in my new mansion (maybe the game room or movie room) look just like the doors on the NYC trains.  I want the exact doors with the long window in the middle and the stickers on top that says "DO NOT LEAN ON DOORS"  I would also have a pole like the one you hold on to right on the inside of the doors. 

I've had to look at those <snip> doors 2-3 times a day for years now, and I think putting a replica of those doors in my house would be a good reminder of where I had been and where I could go back if I screwed up all the money I had just been blessed with.

I'd also dreamed about gathering up like 100k in $1, and $5 bills and driving around the poor areas of the city and just tossing money out into the street during the summer.

Also, although its not really "odd" per se, but I would love to follow the trend of people who go to K-Mart during Christmas time and pay off other people's layaway bills.  I would go to like 15 stores (picked randomly) and would pay off everyone's layaway bills and leave them with $1 balance.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3857 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2012, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

This is truly odd but whenever I win MM, I would make the doors to one of the rooms in my new mansion (maybe the game room or movie room) look just like the doors on the NYC trains.  I want the exact doors with the long window in the middle and the stickers on top that says "DO NOT LEAN ON DOORS"  I would also have a pole like the one you hold on to right on the inside of the doors. 

I've had to look at those <snip> doors 2-3 times a day for years now, and I think putting a replica of those doors in my house would be a good reminder of where I had been and where I could go back if I screwed up all the money I had just been blessed with.

I'd also dreamed about gathering up like 100k in $1, and $5 bills and driving around the poor areas of the city and just tossing money out into the street during the summer.

Also, although its not really "odd" per se, but I would love to follow the trend of people who go to K-Mart during Christmas time and pay off other people's layaway bills.  I would go to like 15 stores (picked randomly) and would pay off everyone's layaway bills and leave them with $1 balance.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

i like this door idea, but to keep it simple i'll just take a pic. of my workshop door and have it blown up to real size.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Elgin, IL
                            United States
                            Member #93542
                            July 2, 2010
                            318 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Everyone will always buy cars, houses, vacations....What's one "odd" thing you'd do?

Me?  I'm getting my darn cat declawed!!! It's like $500 and I'd never have the money otherwise!!  LOL

What would ya'll do?

My cat was declawed and fixed years ago and yes it was not cheap. The only odd thing I would do is collect my money wearing a mask, or even a full Mascot costume. I don't think getting a cat declawed is odd. Many are against it, but it's not odd in my opinion. Many folks are for it too.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4934 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

My cat was declawed and fixed years ago and yes it was not cheap. The only odd thing I would do is collect my money wearing a mask, or even a full Mascot costume. I don't think getting a cat declawed is odd. Many are against it, but it's not odd in my opinion. Many folks are for it too.

Do you know when they declaw a cat they cut off it's toes to the first joint and the cat has to learn to walk on the next joint?  Imagine if this was done to your toes.  It is banned in the UK and other countries.