Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Standing behind people buying MM tickets..

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2012, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Ahhh...this reminds me of the old days. Lines to buy lottery tickets! LOL Almost unhead of nowadays since you can buy them practically anywhere. I remember when the local news station used to send out a reporter to the liquor store I worked in and filming everytime a jackpot got big. Had my 15 seconds of fame as they filmed me in the lotto booth cranking them out,lol. One time I had a guy come in and want $1000 worth. It was the last 10 minutes before the time ran out. I felt really bad because there were people waiting behind him I couldn't get to because he kept telling me...."just keep giving me quick picks!" And before I knew it the beeper beeped and it was all over. I'll never forget his rudeness to this day! 

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #66774
    November 5, 2008
    319 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2012, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

Don't hate me because I play ~too much~...Big Smile

Just get there before me......Thumbs Up

Well said dr65 well said.

The store i go to there is

two people who play like that.

Me and another guy. LOL.

In some cases we get there at the same time

and people actually leave when they

see us there together. ROFL

Rehab is for quitters.

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
      Member #3792
      February 21, 2004
      198 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2012, 2:00 am - IP Logged

as the great Gordon Gekko said,   "greed is good"

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
        Phoenix, AZ
        United States
        Member #120254
        December 14, 2011
        91 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2012, 2:09 am - IP Logged

All of the MM slips were gone at my local gas station and people were asking the clerks for them. There were no LONG lines but plenty of people asking at the counter for QP's and peeps at the machine every few minutes. Lotto fever, baby.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2012, 10:31 am - IP Logged

I played some of my tickets for double draws so I could be free to skip lottery lines if the big one didn't hit on Tuesday.

I went in yesterday to get PB and had one person in front of me. So I bought more MM..  Early mornings here in Ardmore have shorter lines..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2012, 11:24 am - IP Logged

While waiting i saw this guy come in and use the scanner. He pulled 10 crumpled tickets out of his pocket and used his beer belly to flatten them back out. It was so funny to watch. Now i see how tickets go unclaimed.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I went to lotto store around noon today to play 1950 ...Well the lines were terrible.

I told the lady that owned the store if she needed extra help tomorrow evening to give me a buzz.

It has been a while since I worked there.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: March 29, 2012, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

That line was RIDICULOUS ... went out there yesterday and had to get back on the highway and go to Nipton.  When I got in that little bed & breakfast joint the line was wrapped around inside the store!  Had to laugh, cause it was still better than Primm, and that was Yesterday.  Had to be beyond ugly today.

P.S. funny you went from West to East, I used to live in Old Bridge, NJ before coming out here ...

that line at primm and nipton are prolly worse today after the roll and the bump,

friday should get really crazy as that is when the so.cali ppl. head for vegas,

on I 15 (the highway to hell) even if they got tickets before they left home,

they might say, "lets stop at nipton and get more tix.before we cross the state line"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: March 29, 2012, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Come on out to California....no wait here at all,lol. Even at the self serve machines. I've been to several stores this week and everything is wide open. In a city of a million that's hard to believe. Does anyone play here anymore? LOL.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3854 Posts
                    Posted: March 29, 2012, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Come on out to California....no wait here at all,lol. Even at the self serve machines. I've been to several stores this week and everything is wide open. In a city of a million that's hard to believe. Does anyone play here anymore? LOL.

ohh... OK you live in one of the smaller towns. LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Las Vegas, NV
                      United States
                      Member #44841
                      August 9, 2006
                      1749 Posts
                      Posted: March 29, 2012, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

that line at primm and nipton are prolly worse today after the roll and the bump,

friday should get really crazy as that is when the so.cali ppl. head for vegas,

on I 15 (the highway to hell) even if they got tickets before they left home,

they might say, "lets stop at nipton and get more tix.before we cross the state line"

OMG, all I can say is thank God I played for both draws (Tue & Fri) last Monday!!!  Now if there's no winner on Friday I might have a problem.  The news last night showed the people waiting in line for 3 hrs!!! 

Good Luck Everyone!

Las Vegas, NV
                        United States
                        Member #44841
                        August 9, 2006
                        1749 Posts
                        Posted: March 29, 2012, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Heeheehee ... very funny.  I tried that already.  I will have to go further in if no winner on Friday!!!  That border playing is past ugly now ... or I guess I could call in some favors with the fam back in NY ... but then we know what that means when I win ...

Bash

Sunny California
                          United States
                          Member #40295
                          May 31, 2006
                          7712 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2012, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

ohh... OK you live in one of the smaller towns. LOL

LOL  It always amazes me when I ask people here if they play lottery. 9 out of 10 times I hear a no. With per capita sales of about $93.00 a year per person (last I read) I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3854 Posts
                            Posted: March 29, 2012, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

OMG, all I can say is thank God I played for both draws (Tue & Fri) last Monday!!!  Now if there's no winner on Friday I might have a problem.  The news last night showed the people waiting in line for 3 hrs!!! 

Good Luck Everyone!

If it rolls on fri. i would wait  til. mon. to go to nipton,

you don't want to be on I 15 south on sun. night.

Sunny California
                              United States
                              Member #40295
                              May 31, 2006
                              7712 Posts
                              Posted: March 29, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Heeheehee ... very funny.  I tried that already.  I will have to go further in if no winner on Friday!!!  That border playing is past ugly now ... or I guess I could call in some favors with the fam back in NY ... but then we know what that means when I win ...

Bash

Really? You must be more down south somewhere? Feisty,what is the name of that little town that is just over the line that is supposed to be one of the hottest places to buy tickets? Have you been there? It starts with a P, I think? I read they sell more tickets in CA then any other place. Just curious. Thanks if you know!

Edit: I'm reading more posts and I think that's what you were talking about. Primm? Is that what you said haymaker? Is that the HOT spot?