Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

is this a scam ?

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Astekblue.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3856 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

I've never tried that one max but it should work.

What I usually do is tell the caller to tell me about the product and then I ask endless questions about it and then I tell him I'm very interested in it and ask him to explain it all again.

When he's through with that, I tell him to explain it to my wife and I pause like I'm handing her the phone and then I start speaking in my extremely loud Queen of England voice and ask him who he is and what the hell he wants and when he answers me I pretend to be hard of hearing and keep shouting "WHAT? WHAT! WHAT?" until he hangs up.

i've have done something like this,years ago a unlucky caller had me ans. the phone,

when i was bored & had nothing to do after 40 min.,asked why you don't give up,he said we are not allowed,

come to find out they are not allowed to give up if you don't hang up on them.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19829 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2012, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

This guy is wanting us try to figure out a method for this game it has 2 draws that need tracking ??? I got the same from him !!!

Why not response with an estimate of what he has to pay up for you time just trying to figure out a system even if it's not successful.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
      Kentucky
      United States
      Member #35086
      March 12, 2006
      10374 Posts
      Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Whenever you receive something of this nature you should always click on the "Report Spam or Abuse" button at the top of the message so Todd knows what's going on. It seems that any time you see "Nigeria" and "lottery" in the same sentence it's a scam. 

Thats   True   Brenda

They   are  also  in  many   other   hobby's   also.............  collecting   and  selling  and  buying  classic  amusement  games  like  Pinball   , etc.   they  are  really  bad........except  most   people   in  that  hobby  are  on  to  them  also  these   days 

They  like  to  prey  on  new  members   in   many   differant   hobby's

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:20 am - IP Logged

I asked him if he wanted to buy the Nigerian rights to Chicken Soup in a Sponge.

I haven't heard back yet.

Green laugh             ROFL

If  I  would  happen   to  win  the mega  millions   Friday  nite    Ridge........I  might  be  interested   in  investing  a  few 

million  in  that    adventure  though

and  should  I  win..........I  assure you  I  wont  leave  you  waiting  for  a  reply  back  like  they  did     LOL

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Oh this is not a scam. The nigerian lotto offers great prizes like witchcraft for dummies books, instant heat bricks of cow dung, and ready to eat shish kabob scorpions. Its very popular. I would love to get one of those texts.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #35086
            March 12, 2006
            10374 Posts
            Posted: March 29, 2012, 1:32 am - IP Logged

I've never tried that one max but it should work.

What I usually do is tell the caller to tell me about the product and then I ask endless questions about it and then I tell him I'm very interested in it and ask him to explain it all again.

When he's through with that, I tell him to explain it to my wife and I pause like I'm handing her the phone and then I start speaking in my extremely loud Queen of England voice and ask him who he is and what the hell he wants and when he answers me I pretend to be hard of hearing and keep shouting "WHAT? WHAT! WHAT?" until he hangs up.

Smile

Good        Strategy        Ridge

The  way  I  usually  get  rid  of  them...........is  I  act  like  I  am  interested

Then  when  they start into their sales pitch  ,     I  lay  the   phone  down  and  walk  away

They  usually  talk  for  quite  awhile.........until  they  realize  their  is  no one on the other  end

Then  I  go  back  later  and  hang  the  phone  up   after  they   are   gone

They   waste    their   time     and    money   that    way

And   I    aint   never  heard   back   from   one   of   them   yet      Thumbs Up