Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ah screw it, lets do topic again,this time: how would u spend Over half a billion

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 5 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2012, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Give a huge donation to a dog pound or something to do with dogs.

Buy a very large amount of Thompsons and Uzis.

Open a sanitarium for the "lottery insane" so people who constantly fantasize about spending money not yet won would all have a place to gather. 

Smash

And as I said in a previous similar thread, buy Easter Island, and I have no idea why I would.

Clown

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Bronx, NY
    United States
    Member #124198
    March 8, 2012
    105 Posts
    Posted: April 28, 2012, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

First thing I'm doing is paying off my debt.  Second I'll be buying a house.  Nothing too gaudy.  A $1-$2 million mcmansion would do.  Complete with a huge pool with water slide and and all the works, a big home theather, and game room.  I'd buy a couple of cars.  No bugatti for me though....but a few foreign luxury vehicles are on the list (Aston Martin, Ranger Rover, and Audi just to name a few).  Total price tag would be around $500,000.  As for family, my dad would automatically get half of my winnings so I'm really "only" working with $250 million.  I'll give $50 million to other various friends and family and then save/invest another $50 million and donate another $50 million to charities (over the course of several years).  I'd take about $5 million and just blow it.  Traveling all over the world, buying season tickets to Yankee and Knick games premium seats of course. I'd go to Vegas with 5 of my friends and give each of them $100,000 to gamble with the high rollers just to say we did it, all the while staying at the best hotels.  Partying it up all over.  After all that I should still have about $90 million left.  That wouldn't be touched.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2012, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

First thing I'm doing is paying off my debt.  Second I'll be buying a house.  Nothing too gaudy.  A $1-$2 million mcmansion would do.  Complete with a huge pool with water slide and and all the works, a big home theather, and game room.  I'd buy a couple of cars.  No bugatti for me though....but a few foreign luxury vehicles are on the list (Aston Martin, Ranger Rover, and Audi just to name a few).  Total price tag would be around $500,000.  As for family, my dad would automatically get half of my winnings so I'm really "only" working with $250 million.  I'll give $50 million to other various friends and family and then save/invest another $50 million and donate another $50 million to charities (over the course of several years).  I'd take about $5 million and just blow it.  Traveling all over the world, buying season tickets to Yankee and Knick games premium seats of course. I'd go to Vegas with 5 of my friends and give each of them $100,000 to gamble with the high rollers just to say we did it, all the while staying at the best hotels.  Partying it up all over.  After all that I should still have about $90 million left.  That wouldn't be touched.

If I understand the lottery correctly, they keep half the money for taxes (or whatever) so you would "only" be working with $125 mill after dad gets his cut. I suggest you save your $90 mill up front if that is an objective. Not sure why though, cuz $90 mill bearing 5% interest would give you a $4.5 mill income per year. What will you do with that??

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2012, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Funny how even the 3 ticket winners of the past $650 million Megamillions record jackpot would still have to dream about how they would spend over half a billion dollars since they each ONLY walked away with just less than a quarter of a billion dollars each, and in the case of the Maryland winners, only 80 million each.  So that makes me feel good that they too would still have to dream about this just like us non winning smucks.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Bronx, NY
          United States
          Member #124198
          March 8, 2012
          105 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2012, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

If I understand the lottery correctly, they keep half the money for taxes (or whatever) so you would "only" be working with $125 mill after dad gets his cut. I suggest you save your $90 mill up front if that is an objective. Not sure why though, cuz $90 mill bearing 5% interest would give you a $4.5 mill income per year. What will you do with that??

Based on how the questionwas  asked, I assumed the $500 million was after all taxes had already been taken out.  Regardless, $125 million is more than enough money to work with and do all the things I want. 

Why would I have to do anything with the interest on the $90 million?  Just because its there doesn't mean I have to spend it.  Once my family is taken care of, and all the charities I like have gotten their cuts there is not really much else I would want to spend that kind of money on a constant basis.

Honduras
            Member #20982
            August 29, 2005
            4715 Posts
            Posted: May 2, 2012, 3:15 am - IP Logged

i think i will write several replies to this thread...i am not going to write everything because i think i will write too many replies to this thread, like i did the first time this question was asked here several years ago...

one thing i will say is: there is a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of things i want to do, lots of experiments, lots of projects, lotssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of stuffsss i will like to do...i say a buggatti will be nice to have but if i win, i am not going to get it, instead i think, i am going to take that money and create a small bussiness [no i am not going to run the bussiness, i´ll be tooooooooooooo busy for that, infact i dont think i am going to run any bussiness if i start one, who will run it would be my nieces and nephews or cousins childrens or somebody but is not going to be me] and the revenue of this small bussiness from the money of the bugatti will go towards buying chicken eggs, nothing but chicken eggs and they are going to take the cholesterol out of it and i will eat them every 5 minutes...to me they taste better than stake, or soda, or chocolate or ice cream...probably some chicken liver too...yes all my family will be taken care off...

then there is the thing that banks want to give you so little in interests for your money...

there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mannnnnnnnyyyyyy things i want to do, so many experiments oh my goooooooooooossssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so many thinggggggggggggggsssssssssssssssssssssssss....i want to read alllllllllllllllllllllllll the books in a library, i want to do many experiments with animals, remember the human horse racing gambling track, experiments with dreams and the occult/spirit world, so manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thingsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....so manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyy thingssssssssssss i want to do...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2012, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

i think i will write several replies to this thread...i am not going to write everything because i think i will write too many replies to this thread, like i did the first time this question was asked here several years ago...

one thing i will say is: there is a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of things i want to do, lots of experiments, lots of projects, lotssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss of stuffsss i will like to do...i say a buggatti will be nice to have but if i win, i am not going to get it, instead i think, i am going to take that money and create a small bussiness [no i am not going to run the bussiness, i´ll be tooooooooooooo busy for that, infact i dont think i am going to run any bussiness if i start one, who will run it would be my nieces and nephews or cousins childrens or somebody but is not going to be me] and the revenue of this small bussiness from the money of the bugatti will go towards buying chicken eggs, nothing but chicken eggs and they are going to take the cholesterol out of it and i will eat them every 5 minutes...to me they taste better than stake, or soda, or chocolate or ice cream...probably some chicken liver too...yes all my family will be taken care off...

then there is the thing that banks want to give you so little in interests for your money...

there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mannnnnnnnyyyyyy things i want to do, so many experiments oh my goooooooooooossssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so many thinggggggggggggggsssssssssssssssssssssssss....i want to read alllllllllllllllllllllllll the books in a library, i want to do many experiments with animals, remember the human horse racing gambling track, experiments with dreams and the occult/spirit world, so manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thingsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....so manyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyy thingssssssssssss i want to do...

I hope you're able to do all those things, pumpi.

And I hope you can eat more chicken eggs than Cool Hand Luke did.

He ate 'em hard boiled though.

I like 'em fried in butter with thick cut peppered bacon. Yeeeee haaaaaa!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: May 2, 2012, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Embarassed  travel for me...  Hope it gets back that big again..

same again here

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

something i want to do, among the manyyyyyyyyyyyy things i want to do is either build a prison [a cheap one] or buy an old prison that nobody wants and turn it into a lose weight bootcamp for overweight people & kids to lose weight...not just 1 prison either...again there are so mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyy things i want to do...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2012, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

you know how they have centers where they make kids/people practice karate, well i´ll like to create several schools, free of charge in different areas where people/kids can pratice using their left hand/opposite hand and opposite foot/left foot, i will like to start it in prisons with prisoners too but who knows...

again there are soooooooooooooo many things i want/will like to do...so many thingggggggggggssssssssssss...

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2012, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

1/2 a ba-zillion dollars (I hope we are talking AFTER tax... before would just not give me enough...)

I would be silent for 10 days.  totally and abjectly silent.  that is the first thing I would do.  Then after I woke up from my shock-enduced coma I would go for a long walk to clear my head (and remember how to speak again)

First purchase - a 3-legged goat.

Honduras
                        Member #20982
                        August 29, 2005
                        4715 Posts
                        Posted: May 3, 2012, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

you know how they have centers where they make kids/people practice karate, well i´ll like to create several schools, free of charge in different areas where people/kids can pratice using their left hand/opposite hand and opposite foot/left foot, i will like to start it in prisons with prisoners too but who knows...

again there are soooooooooooooo many things i want/will like to do...so many thingggggggggggssssssssssss...

something else i will like to do is among the many things is you know how they have centers where they make kids/people practice karate or yoga, well i´ll like to create several schools, free of charge in different areas where people/kids can pratice STRETCHING, i will like to start it in prisons with prisoners too but who knows...

stretching is believed to be linked to a longer lifespan, even if is not is better than karate and yoga to me, not saying yoga is not good...

i really do think is linked to a longer lifespan...

again, there are manyyyyyyyyyyyyy things i will like to do....