Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will Powerball roll over?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ryanm.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will Powerball roll over?

Yes [ 15 ]  [83.33%]
No [ 3 ]  [16.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Posted: April 7, 2012, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

If I could vote again, my vote would be yes, because again, I'm not playing since tonight's advertised jackpot does not end in 5-, 6-, or 7- million (Thursday, yesterday, and today's dates).  I will play next Wednesday if its advertised jackpot ends in 8-, 9-, 0-, or 1- million AND is NOT $40 million.

---

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: April 8, 2012, 1:20 am - IP Logged

Powerball may have rolled again as of last night (4/7/12), but it produced 14 match 5+0 winners, 5 which had Power Play, when only three match 5+0 winners were expected based on draw sales of $32.8 million (16.4 million tickets).   PB finally made it out of guaranteed jackpot range for the first time in almost two months, but it looks like they'll be stealing from the jackpot fund for a while in order to pay its greater-than-expected number of second place winners on top of its last two guaranteed jackpot payouts.

---

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2012, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

Powerball may have rolled again as of last night (4/7/12), but it produced 14 match 5+0 winners, 5 which had Power Play, when only three match 5+0 winners were expected based on draw sales of $32.8 million (16.4 million tickets).   PB finally made it out of guaranteed jackpot range for the first time in almost two months, but it looks like they'll be stealing from the jackpot fund for a while in order to pay its greater-than-expected number of second place winners on top of its last two guaranteed jackpot payouts.

We can use math to determine the percentage chance of any jackpot being hit by the number of 5 + 0 winners. In this jackpot there were 14 and since we can't say for a fact they all used a different bonus number, we can use the overall chances of 1 in 55 of matching the bonus number. Dividing 14 by 55, we see there was a 25.4% chance of the jackpot being won.

"when only three match 5+0 winners were expected based on draw sales of $32.8 million (16.4 million tickets)."

Based on ticket sales the percentage is only 5.4% of the jackpot being won and with the extraordinary large number of $1 million 5 + 0 winners, I'm wondering how long the smaller lotteries can sustain selling PB tickets at a loss. In some states, total sales won't reach $1 million until the jackpot is over $150 million. If the jackpot is won before that figure is reached and high number of 5 + 0 winners continues, some lotteries may have to pull out.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6290 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2012, 4:11 am - IP Logged

I voted yes....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2012, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Once again, I'd vote yes again if I had to, since tomorrow night's jackpot does not end in 8-, 9-, 0-, or 1- million (the tens digits of the dates of April 8, 9, 10, 11, the days leading up to the draw), so again, no ticket for me.  I will play Saturday if the advertised jackpot ends in 2-, 3-, or 4- million (April 12, 13, 14).

---

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
            Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2012, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

This powerball for tonight (4/14) should be won and not roll-over.  (just my opinion)

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2012, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I don't want it to roll over tonight either, because I have a ticket.  Hopefully, the numbers drawn are 13-30-31-53-58 and Powerball 7.  I think it's safe to say the Powerball game is back to normal though, in terms of the jackpots not getting won before getting out of guaranteed range.

---

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3157 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:13 am - IP Logged

PB 2 again

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                  TX
                  United States
                  Member #121193
                  January 4, 2012
                  1637 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

And it rolls over to 131 Million/81.4 cash.....yaaaaaaaaa  Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Morrison, IL
                    United States
                    Member #4657
                    May 13, 2004
                    1884 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2012, 1:08 am - IP Logged

Just two more rolls and it's over 100 million cash.  I'm not playing Wednesday the 18 though, because the current advertised jackpot does not end in 5-, 6-, 7- , or 8- million.

---

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2012, 1:12 am - IP Logged

well fine.  i SUPPOSE i can take that much...

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2012, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Sounds good to me CD....Hurray!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Just two more rolls and it's over 100 million cash.  I'm not playing Wednesday the 18 though, because the current advertised jackpot does not end in 5-, 6-, 7- , or 8- million.

I'm waiting for the advertised jackpot to start with a 2 or higher before paying $2 per chance.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Morrison, IL
                            United States
                            Member #4657
                            May 13, 2004
                            1884 Posts
                            Posted: April 15, 2012, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I'm waiting for the advertised jackpot to start with a 2 or higher before paying $2 per chance.

As for me, with Powerball, in order for me to play, the jackpot has to be (1) at or above the level where it was last won (which it is now - it is on draw #8 where the last jackpot won was draw #4), and (2) the single millions digit of the ADVERTISED jackpot (not cash jackpot) has to match the ones digit of any of the three or four dates leading up to the draw (in this case, it does not).  With Mega Millions, since that game is still only $1, only (1) OR (2) has to be true (which neither one is for MM's current jackpot - it is only on draw #5 where the last jackpot won was draw #19 and the advertised jackpot of $53 million does not end in 4-, 5-, 6-, or 7-, Tuesday being the 17, so I'm not playing Tuesday's draw either).

---