Welcome Guest
You last visited June 22, 2017, 2:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone play their state lotteries any more?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 5 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
20065 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2012, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Now that MM has reset to $12M and PB is $2 a ticket, state lotteries with smaller jackpots and much better odds of winning may be worth looking at until the MM and PB jackpots build up to more attractive amounts.  I know for the next week or so, I'll be looking at Ohio's Classic Lotto.  Its jackpot is only $6.8M but the odds of winning it are 1:14M.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #77815
    August 1, 2009
    3496 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2012, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I play all the Florida Lottery big games Powerball, Lotto, Mega Money, and Fantasy 5. Our Lotto jackpot is up to 9 million. Hopefully by the time Mega Millions grow to 100+ million Florida will have joined in.

Guess Who's Back?

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2012, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

State lottery games are fabulous!  I dont play any of them, but love watching them.  Homegrown at their finest!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1958 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2012, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I always play at least $5 on Hoosier Lotto. It's at $6.5M and the odds are 1 in 12,271,512. Way better than PB and MM. 14.5x easier to win. 1 in 12 million isn't exactly the best odds either, but considering all the numbers are chosen from the same pool, my system is more effective.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Idaho
          United States
          Member #76087
          June 18, 2009
          863 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2012, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

That -IS- what I play!  I never have cared much for the bigger games with the slim odds, such as Powerball and MegaMillions.

For Idaho it's Wild Card 2 and Hot Lotto.  I play Wild Card regularly, have been close many times, and I will continue to play it 'til I nail it.  With a spread of 1 to 31, I feel like I actually have a chance, know what I mean.  I like to pick my own numbers, do better that way.

Idaho
            United States
            Member #76087
            June 18, 2009
            863 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2012, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Also, meant to say, I play the state games not just because of the better odds but also because I could do a helluvaLOT with a jackpot between $100,000 and a million.  I could pay off my bills and buy a house.  AND - I would have something leftover to keep playing my games!  I just don't subscribe to the philosophy that "luck" is something that may happen only once in a lifetime.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I play them all. I enjoy the diversification, and better odd's than the big games. Have hit pick 4 for $2500 (.50 cent wager). We also have Hot

Lotto, Megabucks Plus, Lucky For Life and of course pick 3-4. Will always play the PB and MM, however.  Type

United States
                Member #124814
                March 20, 2012
                219 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2012, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

When the jackpot resets, that's when I take a break, not go and play other games.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  20065 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2012, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I always play at least $5 on Hoosier Lotto. It's at $6.5M and the odds are 1 in 12,271,512. Way better than PB and MM. 14.5x easier to win. 1 in 12 million isn't exactly the best odds either, but considering all the numbers are chosen from the same pool, my system is more effective.

Can your system be effective with only five lines?  I usually have to be ready to play all 49 numbers for my system to work.  However there are times when after it pick 5 lines it can't find any other lines that fits within the parameters I set without an addition cycle that allows it to use a number more than once.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6325 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2012, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Nope, Oklahoma does not have a state lottoe game, WE NEED ONE!!!!!! when ever DH & I go Texas we multi draw the Lotto Texas....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      6279 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2012, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I always play every jackpot game, every drawing. Now I usually play only one line, sometimes two. But I figure it's worth a buck ($2 for PB) to be in the game.

I often think about playing heavy on Lotto Texas which is a 6/54 game. When I do play heavy on it I like to play all the numbers in the matrix on 9 lines. But even then it's extremely hard to even get 3 numbers on one line for $3. And since I play all the jackpot games and Daily 4 as well, if I play extra on one game like Lotto, then I have to drop one or more of the other ones to keep from blowing the bank account.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                        TX
                        United States
                        Member #121193
                        January 4, 2012
                        1638 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2012, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Usually play Fantasy 5 .....since Powerball came to FL 3 years ago I havent spent more than $25. Our jackpots only go up a million at a time now....last Jackpot I observed up over 20 million was last Christmas.....

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          Mcminnville, Oregon
                          United States
                          Member #3013
                          December 13, 2003
                          3302 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2012, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I play oregon megabucks when it is close to $10 million which does take time to get to that amount but the jackpot was just hit this week so I will have to wait until it climbs again.  I will continue to play mega millions and powerball though.-weshar75

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                            East of Columbus, OH
                            United States
                            Member #120843
                            December 28, 2011
                            451 Posts
                            Posted: April 2, 2012, 3:41 am - IP Logged

I love playing Classic Lotto!  The odds are much better and since drawings are more frequent, you get to play more often.  Although, because the MM was so high last week, it did cut into my Classic fund for the next couple of weeks.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                              Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #48725
                              January 7, 2007
                              1958 Posts
                              Posted: April 2, 2012, 5:14 am - IP Logged

Can your system be effective with only five lines?  I usually have to be ready to play all 49 numbers for my system to work.  However there are times when after it pick 5 lines it can't find any other lines that fits within the parameters I set without an addition cycle that allows it to use a number more than once.

Well I'm simply playing the odds. Straight up, using no filters, it's 5 in 12,271,512 or 1 in 2,454,302. In fact, all the program would be doing is just generating quick picks. Depending on the filters I use, my "potential odds", for lack of a better term, is much better. So if I apply a filter that eliminates say 5,000,000 bad sets, another that eliminates 3,000,000 bad sets, and another that eliminates 2,000,000 bad sets, and I went and bought 5 lines then, then it would be 5 in 2,271,512 or 1 in 454,302. That's still not exactly the best odds, but for a jackpot game, it's not that bad.

Right now, I'm trying to come up with filters that work differently than what I'm use to.

Gonna win.Big Smile