Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone play their state lotteries any more?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 5 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2012, 5:53 am - IP Logged

Last time I played a state one was Cash Five in Texas and won $8, I think the most I've won of any ball drawing game. And I got that ticket from the Cash Five scratcher.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2012, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I play 3 of ours and 3 of connecticuts for about a  1$ a day. Add in mm/pb when its worth it.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #94283
      July 17, 2010
      2284 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2012, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

That -IS- what I play!  I never have cared much for the bigger games with the slim odds, such as Powerball and MegaMillions.

For Idaho it's Wild Card 2 and Hot Lotto.  I play Wild Card regularly, have been close many times, and I will continue to play it 'til I nail it.  With a spread of 1 to 31, I feel like I actually have a chance, know what I mean.  I like to pick my own numbers, do better that way.

I play Weekly Grand myself.  Only $52K but not bad odds.  I was winning the $25 prize pretty regularly when it first started, but that fell off, and I've had no wins at all of late. 

I haven't played WC2 in ages.  I never won on it.

IMHO the state games in Idaho are kinda sucky compared to other states.

Tahiti- Polynesia
        Tuvalu
        Member #34524
        March 4, 2006
        54 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2012, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I have one question : Are non-American citizen living abroad allowed to play Magamillions or Powerball?

Thank you.

Bob

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Now that MM has reset to $12M and PB is $2 a ticket, state lotteries with smaller jackpots and much better odds of winning may be worth looking at until the MM and PB jackpots build up to more attractive amounts.  I know for the next week or so, I'll be looking at Ohio's Classic Lotto.  Its jackpot is only $6.8M but the odds of winning it are 1:14M.

Lately, it's been mainly p5 for me. P6 lotto, not so much, payouts are too small for smaller prizes.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Now that MM has reset to $12M and PB is $2 a ticket, state lotteries with smaller jackpots and much better odds of winning may be worth looking at until the MM and PB jackpots build up to more attractive amounts.  I know for the next week or so, I'll be looking at Ohio's Classic Lotto.  Its jackpot is only $6.8M but the odds of winning it are 1:14M.

Rolling Cash 5 has always paid more for matching 2, 3, or 4 numbers but that never stopped players from believing betting $5 or $10 on MM or PB is a better bet.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7295 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I have one question : Are non-American citizen living abroad allowed to play Magamillions or Powerball?

Thank you.

Bob

Anyone over 18 is allowed to play and win as long as the ticket is bought at a lottery retailer.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #123290
                February 17, 2012
                3048 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2012, 5:13 am - IP Logged

Yes, I play Wisconsin MegaBucks, wednesday and saturday draws (it's at $1.9million right now).

SuperCash everyday draw ($350,000) and Pick 3.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2012, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I participated in a survey at Ohio lottery website yesterday that was getting players' opinions about the recent changes in the PB game.  At the end of the survey, they posted that a different Pick5 would be added in August and the kicker game (6 digits) was being revised. 

The kicker use to be on their MM game play slips until the Megaplier replaced it.  Since Ohio already has Rolling Cash5(5/39), I'm thinking the new pick5 game will be a 5 digit games similar to their pick4(4 digits) and kicker games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bahamas
                    Member #114685
                    August 5, 2011
                    422 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2012, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Quite interesting that you pose this question now. I haven't played my state lottery in a while but Florida Lottery is one rollover away from going into the double digits. I think I need to rejoin the game going forward.

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #55889
                      October 23, 2007
                      5588 Posts
                      Posted: April 4, 2012, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

I participated in a survey at Ohio lottery website yesterday that was getting players' opinions about the recent changes in the PB game.  At the end of the survey, they posted that a different Pick5 would be added in August and the kicker game (6 digits) was being revised. 

The kicker use to be on their MM game play slips until the Megaplier replaced it.  Since Ohio already has Rolling Cash5(5/39), I'm thinking the new pick5 game will be a 5 digit games similar to their pick4(4 digits) and kicker games.

You mean a numbers game like PA's Quinto?

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19816 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2012, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

You mean a numbers game like PA's Quinto?

Yes, a digit game like PA's Quinto but they didn't say if there would be mid-day and evening drawings like PA.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #76087
                          June 18, 2009
                          859 Posts
                          Posted: April 5, 2012, 12:08 am - IP Logged

I play Weekly Grand myself.  Only $52K but not bad odds.  I was winning the $25 prize pretty regularly when it first started, but that fell off, and I've had no wins at all of late. 

I haven't played WC2 in ages.  I never won on it.

IMHO the state games in Idaho are kinda sucky compared to other states.

Ah yes, the Weekly Grand.  Pretty good odds there; unfortunately, $2 per play.  That's the only reason why I don't play it.  I played it once, shortly after it came out, and I still have that ticket with the one line on it. ha  Saved it, for memorabilia's sake.

As far as the Northwest goes, I think Washington has the best games.

Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #76087
                            June 18, 2009
                            859 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2012, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Ha, I just took a look at the winning Wild Card numbers for tonight:

10 - 19 -20 - 21 - 22 

That's amazing.  Don't see 4 in a row very often.  I played a few of those numbers but nope, didn't win, cos I just never play 4 numbers in a row.

WV
                              United States
                              Member #107175
                              March 2, 2011
                              100 Posts
                              Posted: April 5, 2012, 4:02 am - IP Logged

I think you have the odds of winning are a bit off. The Ohio Lottery site shows the odds of winning the Jackpot for this game at 1 in $13,983,316.