Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Record Jackpots

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ryanm.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Which Jackpot will eclipse first?

PB Jackpot of at least 365 million (1 winner) [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
Mega Millions Jackpot of at least 656 million [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
Mega Millions Jackpot of 315+ million (1 winner) [ 6 ]  [37.50%]
PB Jackpot of at least 365 million (2+ winners) [ 5 ]  [31.25%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Lavender Rocket

United States
Member #124616
March 16, 2012
2642 Posts
Posted: May 5, 2012, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Interestingly, the advertised Powerball jackpot is $60 million for tonight, and it was also $60 million the last time Mega Millions was won.

Ryanm - are you saying that the 60M PB is some kind of trigger for the MM to be won?  if so, that is an interesting theory.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7341 Posts
    Posted: May 5, 2012, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Ryanm - are you saying that the 60M PB is some kind of trigger for the MM to be won?  if so, that is an interesting theory.

I don't know how because the MM jackpot ended 18 consecutive drawings without a winner just last month. If someone has the time, I suppose they could check what the PB jackpot was when MM was hit and find which amount hit the most. Could check the same with MM when the PB jackpot is won. Don't know what anybody could do with that knowledge because at the end of the day, the odds against winning either jackpot are still over 175 million to 1.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2012, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how because the MM jackpot ended 18 consecutive drawings without a winner just last month. If someone has the time, I suppose they could check what the PB jackpot was when MM was hit and find which amount hit the most. Could check the same with MM when the PB jackpot is won. Don't know what anybody could do with that knowledge because at the end of the day, the odds against winning either jackpot are still over 175 million to 1.

Ya know - Stack - I am willing to throw myself into the fray and just win the PB tonight.  Then all the peeps who will be doing stats can have a clean slate with both PB and MM. (typed while blushing in a self-sacrificing manner)

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: May 5, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Considering the numbers drawn, I have a feeling the PB jackpot was won tonight.

---

Morrison, IL
          United States
          Member #4657
          May 13, 2004
          1884 Posts
          Posted: May 6, 2012, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Okay, looks like I was wrong about the PB jackpot being won.  However, there was a $2 million PB/PP winner, in addition to two regular $1 million winners.

---

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
            Member #28409
            December 15, 2005
            1198 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

I have to say here how disappointed in powerball I am.  I really thought with the $2 ticket price we would get to see the big jackpots coming from them. How can I justify my backing and supporting the Powerball price hike when they completely screwed us all the way around?  I can't.  I can't even say I'm excited about the second tier prizes anymore.  Have you noticed how few winners we now have since the price hike? They up'd the cost and the amount and took away the winners... which is the point of playing don't ya think?

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: May 12, 2012, 12:40 am - IP Logged

I think Florida should join Mega Millions, the MUSL should dissolve Powerball, and Mega Millions should go to an opening jackpot of $16 million with minimum increases of $4 million (or $20 million opening jackpot with $5 million minimum increases if MM changes to a graduated annuity like PB).

---

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                nashville
                United States
                Member #49896
                February 18, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: May 12, 2012, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

I think Florida should join Mega Millions, the MUSL should dissolve Powerball, and Mega Millions should go to an opening jackpot of $16 million with minimum increases of $4 million (or $20 million opening jackpot with $5 million minimum increases if MM changes to a graduated annuity like PB).

I would like to see Florida join Megamillions and California join Powerball. I think the rollovers would be larger with the additional players.

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: May 13, 2012, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I would like to see Florida join Megamillions and California join Powerball. I think the rollovers would be larger with the additional players.

I highly doubt California will ever join Powerball, unless Powerball is willing to bend its rules and exempt California from the PowerPlay option so it can pay all its prizes pari-mutuel, the way it does with Mega Millions (CA is also the only MM state that does not do the MegaPlier).  Then again, with Powerball no longer having the PowerPlay multiplier, maybe CA can pay its PowerPlay prizes pari-mutuel as well without too much confusion.

---