Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 1:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3: too many box hits, not enough straights? Try this...

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: April 8, 2012, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

This is for Pick 3 players who often choose the right numbers but not the right sequence.

Let's say today's midday result was  3-7-4  (the Lowest digit was in first position, the Highest digit was second position and the 'Middle' digit was in third position... L-H-M for short).

For today's evening draw sequence, use whatever came in third position (M) and put it in first position.

Shift whatever came in positions one and two (L - H) to positions two and three respectively.

So the new sequence is M-L-H.  This is the format you arrange the combos you're playing for the next draw.

Let's say the last number drawn was a double.  We'll use 4-6-6 (Ascending Order) as an example.

To determine the new sequence put the third digit in first position and shift the first and second digits to the second and third positions respectively.  4-6-6 becomes 6-4-6  (Split Order).  Arrange your doubles combos in Split Order for the next draw.

Example:  let's say I've chosen to play box combos 356, 078 and 177; I will arrange them as 536 (M-L-H), 708 (M-L-H) and 717 (split order).

With this method you are combining midday and evening games when determining sequence to play.  If a double hasn't played in a while, go back to the last one that did (same for singles).  It also works if you want to keep the midday/evening games separate.

Test it for your game and see if it works for you. 

Hope it helps and good luck!

Thumbs Up

For the very next draw use whatever came in third position (in this case 'high') and put in the first position.
Shift whatever came in first position

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Kola's avatar - image
    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
    Member #28945
    December 25, 2005
    1532 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2012, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I knew that if anyone else hit upon these ideas, it would be you. Excellent stuff Rick G. I hope people take what you wrote to heart, because its so integral. He's given you a gift folks!

FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

I knew that if anyone else hit upon these ideas, it would be you. Excellent stuff Rick G. I hope people take what you wrote to heart, because its so integral. He's given you a gift folks!

Kola, thank you very much for the kind words.  I appreciate your feedback!  Cheers

FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

This is for Pick 3 players who often choose the right numbers but not the right sequence.

Let's say today's midday result was  3-7-4  (the Lowest digit was in first position, the Highest digit was second position and the 'Middle' digit was in third position... L-H-M for short).

For today's evening draw sequence, use whatever came in third position (M) and put it in first position.

Shift whatever came in positions one and two (L - H) to positions two and three respectively.

So the new sequence is M-L-H.  This is the format you arrange the combos you're playing for the next draw.

Let's say the last number drawn was a double.  We'll use 4-6-6 (Ascending Order) as an example.

To determine the new sequence put the third digit in first position and shift the first and second digits to the second and third positions respectively.  4-6-6 becomes 6-4-6  (Split Order).  Arrange your doubles combos in Split Order for the next draw.

Example:  let's say I've chosen to play box combos 356, 078 and 177; I will arrange them as 536 (M-L-H), 708 (M-L-H) and 717 (split order).

With this method you are combining midday and evening games when determining sequence to play.  If a double hasn't played in a while, go back to the last one that did (same for singles).  It also works if you want to keep the midday/evening games separate.

Test it for your game and see if it works for you. 

Hope it helps and good luck!

Thumbs Up

For the very next draw use whatever came in third position (in this case 'high') and put in the first position.
        Shift whatever came in first position

My bad...in my original post the bottom three lines:

[For the very next draw use whatever came in third position (in this case 'high') and put in the first position.
        Shift whatever came in first position]

should have been edited out.  Please ignore.  Hope that didn't confuse anyone.  What?

United States
          Member #110594
          May 8, 2011
          885 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2012, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

This concept was introduced years back from the 90's by a guy who published a system which I still have called "Show Me The Money!".

Wheeling, West VA
            United States
            Member #115308
            August 17, 2011
            8 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2012, 1:42 am - IP Logged

It sounds like you've checked this out Kola.  This is a simple system to backtest.  How did it do over the last year in your state?

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3114 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2012, 4:14 am - IP Logged

If you are getting the box hits without the straights, try buying the three (doubles) or six (all different) variants of the box bet to have three or six winning box tickets that cost a little bit more, but almost equal the straight prize.   3 x 160 = 480, 6 x 80 = 480

BobP

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: April 11, 2012, 8:07 am - IP Logged

This concept was introduced years back from the 90's by a guy who published a system which I still have called "Show Me The Money!".

I would say that a large majority of concepts that are seemingly new to us are actually not new and have been used in some fashion in the past.  Especially if they're simple concepts.

bgonçalves
                  Brasil
                  Member #92564
                  June 9, 2010
                  2137 Posts
                  Posted: April 11, 2012, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Hello, Rick, as you might join your system with these groups to find 12 pairs   Changing position, these 12 groups, has no zero, but has a good use   To choose pairs in three positions, If you could create a system with these 12 pairs, since dam in 100% of the draws= 267 348 159 157 168 249 147 258 369 123 456 789

cleveland ohio
                    United States
                    Member #65897
                    October 9, 2008
                    275 Posts
                    Posted: April 11, 2012, 10:15 am - IP Logged

If you are getting the box hits without the straights, try buying the three (doubles) or six (all different) variants of the box bet to have three or six winning box tickets that cost a little bit more, but almost equal the straight prize.   3 x 160 = 480, 6 x 80 = 480

BobP

wouldnt you be better off just wheeling them instead? You spend the same and get the few extra dollars for a straight hit? If I played online it would probably be worth it to play the combos all straight Ill have to look into it.

Kola's avatar - image
                      Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                      Member #28945
                      December 25, 2005
                      1532 Posts
                      Posted: April 11, 2012, 11:17 am - IP Logged

It sounds like you've checked this out Kola.  This is a simple system to backtest.  How did it do over the last year in your state?

It not a system per se. Its a fundamental tool to use in any system, and for any state...

cleveland
                        United States
                        Member #77732
                        July 30, 2009
                        115 Posts
                        Posted: April 11, 2012, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

"Wheel it"..That's what I was thinking...but still glad someone out there is sharing their ideals..

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                          United States
                          Member #520
                          July 27, 2002
                          5699 Posts
                          Posted: April 11, 2012, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

"Wheel it"..That's what I was thinking...but still glad someone out there is sharing their ideals..

The thing is, wheeling the combo(s) costs more money.  What I'm suggesting doesn't cost any extra. 

My feeling is that you cannot make a long-term or sizeable profit in the Pick 3 game by box betting alone on a daily basis.  Others may disagree but I just haven't seen it in 15 years of observation.  I think the best bet strategy is straight/box with an emphasis on getting it straight as often as possible.  The box wins will only help cover your bets.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: April 11, 2012, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

This method works well in IL.  It works best when you go draw-to-draw.  Example, last nights draw was 541 (H-M-L), today's midday was 395 (L-H-M).  It happens frequently.  I'd be very surprised if IL was the only game where this happens.

pavizlo$'s avatar - binary
                              OKC, OK
                              United States
                              Member #120575
                              December 22, 2011
                              866 Posts
                              Posted: April 11, 2012, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

What if the drawing was L-L-L or H-H-H?