Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Do You Think About These Duplicated Mega Millions Tickets? Are Lottery Games Rigged?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11978 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:01 am - IP Logged

> Apr 8 - Duplicate Mega Millions lottery tickets raise questions - Rigged? - Photo posted in BX Daily Bugle - news and headlines | Sign in and leave a comment below!I

THE VALIDATION CODE IS DIFFERENT ON BOTH TICKETS. When i buy quick pick tickets in new york, I also get a lot of repeated numbers on my tickets.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/consumer/Duplicate-Lottery-tickets-raise-questions-over-games-legitimacy-145226305.html

http://www.azfamily.com/news/consumer/UPDATE-Mega-Millions-Mystery--146462605.html

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

East of Columbus, OH
    United States
    Member #120843
    December 28, 2011
    447 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:06 am - IP Logged

WOW!  Very interesting!  I can't wait to see what MUSL does about this.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11978 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

WOW!  Very interesting!  I can't wait to see what MUSL does about this.

Here are some images of the lottery response.

US Flag

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11978 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Better image of duplicated mega millions tickets. The tickets are legitimate because they have different validation codes.

US Flag

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:47 am - IP Logged

I'd hardly say it's rigged, just that their software had some issues. I'll consider a change of thought if this happens more times throughout the country.

It is pretty crazy though that this happened.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

hehehe, the dogs, all i can say is pick your own quickpicks

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2012, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I'd hardly say it's rigged, just that their software had some issues. I'll consider a change of thought if this happens more times throughout the country.

It is pretty crazy though that this happened.

I get many repeated numbers when i buy ny lottery games quick pick tickets. when you buy 5 mega millions or powerball lines quick pick, and you get more than 5 repeated numbers on your tickets there has to be a problem.

US Flag

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                11978 Posts
                Posted: April 10, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

hehehe, the dogs, all i can say is pick your own quickpicks

"WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

HOW COME THE ONLY JACKPOT WINNERS ARE FROM THE [EAST - WEST - NORTH - SOUTH - CITIES - RURAL AREAS]? HOW COME ONLY [WHITE, BLACK, TALL, SKINNY, YOUNG, OLD] PEOPLE WIN?

Powerball is a random game that knows nothing about who buys a ticket or where a ticket is purchased. There really is no white/black/old/young/rich/poor, etc.] button on the machine. If one draws a box around some group of players (eg., state border, hair color, shoe size), then that group of players will win in proportion to their play. If the defined group buys 10% of the tickets, then they will win 10% of the prizes - on average and over a reasonable period of time. But that does NOT mean that you have a better chance of winning in a bigger box - you then just have more folks to play against. The Law of Large numbers explains how random expectations become truer as the number of occurrences increases. So, if players in a particular group buy 8.6754% of the tickets, then we will find, if the number of occurrences (prizes awarded) are large enough, that those players win 8.6754% of the prizes. This is definitely true for the low-tier prizes where there are large numbers of winners. With 12 to 15 jackpot winners in a year, we would expect that these percentages can get out of sync with sales from time to time, but as the number of jackpot winners continues to increase, we will find that the percentage numbers move closer and closer to being the same number. Try this experiment. Flip a coin four times. You might get 75% heads - or even 100%. You would not expect to get excited about that. With only ten flips, it can happen. But then flip it 1,000 times (no cheating). You will come much closer to the statistical expectation of 50% heads. If you hit 75% heads after 1,000 flips, then something is wrong. It really does NOT make any difference where you buy your ticket. It is you a against the draw machine."

http://www.powerball.com/pb_contact.asp

US Flag

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7302 Posts
                  Posted: April 10, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

I get many repeated numbers when i buy ny lottery games quick pick tickets. when you buy 5 mega millions or powerball lines quick pick, and you get more than 5 repeated numbers on your tickets there has to be a problem.

It's not about a number or two repeating on five lines, but ten lines with all the same combos. According to what you posted, the players could have exchanged the duplicate set but chose not to. The glitch was discovered because multiple ten line tickets were bought by the same players. The problem was with the GTECH programing and probably happened in every state that uses GTECH.

Don't you find it amazing that when the clerk hit the repeat button, the same ticket was repeated?

meetoo's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #124862
                    March 21, 2012
                    41 Posts
                    Posted: April 10, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

When MM exhausted all possible number combinations I suspected there had to be many duplicate numbers (lines) being purchased for the largest jackpot in history because it seemed rather ironic that all possible combinations had to be sold

prior to someone winning. The odds of that happening had to be remote. I honestly never considered or suspected there equipment would be spitting out duplicate numbers (lines). This news is very discouraging and appears fradulant on the part

of the lottery commission and perhaps even warrants a class action suit. I seriously doubt this to be an isolated incident. Personally, at the very least,  I will consider not playing MM again. 

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

May You Prosper and be in Health!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

Lottery games rigged?

I don't think so, not the big national games anyway.

State games? Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh...

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                        Member #123134
                        February 14, 2012
                        55 Posts
                        Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

It's not about a number or two repeating on five lines, but ten lines with all the same combos. According to what you posted, the players could have exchanged the duplicate set but chose not to. The glitch was discovered because multiple ten line tickets were bought by the same players. The problem was with the GTECH programing and probably happened in every state that uses GTECH.

Don't you find it amazing that when the clerk hit the repeat button, the same ticket was repeated?

A similar incident happened last month in New Mexico, an Intralot client.

On the duplicate tickets in Arizona:

“What's happened is there is a software glitch,” said Jeff Hatch-Miller is the executive director for the Arizona Lottery.  “Anybody that has a computer knows that sometimes there are software glitches.”

Hatch-Miller says they have pin-pointed the glitch, which happened when cashiers used the "repeat" key to automatically fill purchases of 30 tickets or more.

“It only occurred about once in every 300,000 to 500,000 times, so very rarely,” Hatch-Miller explained.

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
                          Member #3792
                          February 21, 2004
                          198 Posts
                          Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Better image of duplicated mega millions tickets. The tickets are legitimate because they have different validation codes.

the ticket on the left is photoshopped.  i saw this disproven in a earlier thread.  look at the dotted line at the top, it isnt straight.  its fake.

also look at the bottom of the ticket on the left.  see how the pink border keeps going, but the rest of the ticket is chopped off right below 3642800.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7302 Posts
                            Posted: April 10, 2012, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

A similar incident happened last month in New Mexico, an Intralot client.

On the duplicate tickets in Arizona:

“What's happened is there is a software glitch,” said Jeff Hatch-Miller is the executive director for the Arizona Lottery.  “Anybody that has a computer knows that sometimes there are software glitches.”

Hatch-Miller says they have pin-pointed the glitch, which happened when cashiers used the "repeat" key to automatically fill purchases of 30 tickets or more.

“It only occurred about once in every 300,000 to 500,000 times, so very rarely,” Hatch-Miller explained.

Once in every 500,000 times comes out to 1312 times in the record drawing, but because more players spent $30 or more on tickets it was more prevalent. If it happened that many times the real problem would be for the states who would have to pay off 1312 5 + 0 winners if one of those duplicate combos were drawn.

We can use probability to determine how jackpot winners there should be based on sales, all the terminals are truly random, who knows how many jackpot winners are expected.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3854 Posts
                              Posted: April 10, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

the ticket on the left is photoshopped.  i saw this disproven in a earlier thread.  look at the dotted line at the top, it isnt straight.  its fake.

also look at the bottom of the ticket on the left.  see how the pink border keeps going, but the rest of the ticket is chopped off right below 3642800.

I never worked w/ photoshop, if you were going to do that would't you just play w/ the validation codes ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.