Welcome Guest
You last visited October 22, 2017, 10:31 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I asked my co-worker this...

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by AmoWin.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

I would want to travel.   I do love teaching, but with they way things are getting.. It is getting to be too  big of headache.   Teachers are being forced to teach to the test.  So many students are lacking common sense.  Sad but true.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

lottogenie's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    texas
    United States
    Member #2324
    September 15, 2003
    152 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2012, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

id of course retire,id like to start my own bussiness,,and actually give the employees

a better life.id do my best to be respectful to my employees..make sure thay have good insurance

and benefits and a pleasant work environment..and great pay,,,theres too many companys out there

that do not respect the working man...id make sure they were treated right.....they are your bread and butter how can you expect someone to want to work for you if you treat them like dog doo?

United States
      Member #59354
      March 13, 2008
      4368 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2012, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Never stop working but with that much money I would work on projects I want to do.  I love

to program and hope I die face down on the keyboard.   Working keeps the mind active and 

I have seen too many people die within a few years of retirement.  Having money takes on a

different meaning the older you get and being able to support myself to the end is what matters

most.  Cars, boats, houses and all the other stuff would be nice but at my age I am not really

that interested in showing off.   I can't think of anything I want that I don't already have so a JP

would be extra security.  I guess I could buy newer versions but not until what I have wears out.

I am a system player so I guess bragging rights might mean more than the prize.

RL

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        4368 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2012, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I would want to travel.   I do love teaching, but with they way things are getting.. It is getting to be too  big of headache.   Teachers are being forced to teach to the test.  So many students are lacking common sense.  Sad but true.

tntea

My wife was a teacher for several years and she had the same rants.  She said that they spend

months of the year just teaching kids to do well on the test.   It does not seem to matter what

they comprehend as long as they test well.

RL

United States
          Member #125185
          March 26, 2012
          75 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2012, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

I had this conversation the other day with one of my buddies....

Let's say you win the lottery.  After buying the house, setting aside money for taxes, buying the cars, pay off dept etc you have enough money left over that would give your around $40-50K a year in interest.

With that said, I asked him "Would you continue to work or quit and just live off the interest?"

My co-worker said he would still work and just use the money from the lottery as supplimental income.  For me, I don't know.  50K a year would be more than enough for me!

I thinks I would jes' sit my home and paint, or do pencil drawlings.

I would jes sit back and collect that 50k a year - jes be sittin' on da front po'ch.

O' mebe da simmin' poo'.    Jes cheo'.

Eatin me ribs and watamelons.