Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why do YOU play the lottery??!?!?!

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artist77.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40295 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2012, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Okay, this is where I have to be nice...otherwise, I'll get banned. Sullie, you seem like a very lovely lady...and I have the best razors money can buy!!!!!!!

L.L.

LOL, You know, we could sell them for lottery money.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2012, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

LOL, You know, we could sell them for lottery money.

Yeah, see!!! You made me spill my fresh drink!!! Okay, I'll leave it be....Good girl!!!! Doesn't help me, though!!

L.L.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
      Republic of Texas
      United States
      Member #57557
      January 9, 2008
      1095 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2012, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Ahh, that one had a few technical difficulties with the oyster crackers not sticking very well to the outside of the frozen chili-pop.

I think it was just ahead of it's time too.

People are slow to accept cutting-edge technology sometimes.

If you put beans and veggies in your chili, oyster crackers won't stick.  If you HAVE to put beans and veggies in your chili (thereby making spicy veggie soup instead of REAL chili) try crushed saltines over a layer of shredded colby jack, and add a dolop of sour cream when served. 

(if you use my recipe, donate 1 cent per chili-pop to Sully's lottery habit so her kids can eat without fear)

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
        upstate NY
        United States
        Member #108791
        March 31, 2011
        549 Posts
        Posted: April 11, 2012, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Hi alralralr ,

The reason we all play is to Win and Help ours selves out of Obama's rat hole of an Economy ....

CW4

Speak for yourself, bub.

Did you not play the lottery when Bush was president?  Should Romney win in November, will you stop playing the lottery?  Because, obviously, the economy would magically recover at 12:01 PM on January 20, 2013... BS

Patriot

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
          upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: April 11, 2012, 12:46 am - IP Logged

ohh..you're a minor....

and thought you could mine us...

? for you, is your college paper bent to the liberal side ?

never seen anyone looking to share details via email.

"Minor" is typically defined as persons under the age of 18.  Almost everyone who is a college student is 18 or over, thus not a minor.

Patriot

East of Columbus, OH
            United States
            Member #120843
            December 28, 2011
            447 Posts
            Posted: April 11, 2012, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm a journalist working on a piece about the lottery. I assume most people who visit this forum are regular players and I'd love the opportunity to ask you some questions about your playing habits and experience with the lottery. Feel free to inbox me directly. Thanks

Alex

Financial security.

I'd go into more detail, but since you are a college kid, I don't want to scare you with what the real world has waiting for you, long days, longer days, maybe a couple of marriages and divorces, child support, deadlines, crappy neighbors, liars, cheats, cheating spouses, broken promises, the deaths of loved ones.

Winning the lottery won't solve all those problems.  Not even close.  But there won't be a daily grind with financial security.  I'm not going to argue with my wife about spending $500 on a stupid pond in the front yard that no one sees, because I won't care about what other more important items that $500 could have been spent on.

Stay in school.  Never leave home.  Being responsible can really suck.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22859 Posts
              Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm a journalist working on a piece about the lottery. I assume most people who visit this forum are regular players and I'd love the opportunity to ask you some questions about your playing habits and experience with the lottery. Feel free to inbox me directly. Thanks

Alex

4 posts.

'alralralr'...that's annoying all by itself.

All I keep thinking is larry, la la la and the Chinese restaurant scene from A Christmas Story where they

try to sing Deck the Halls (fa la la...as fa ra ra ra)...thanks.

There's a search bar up in the right hand corner...some say: It's your best friend.

Usually an approach like this is viewed as suspicious. You come off as needing something legitimate

for job related purposes then invite people to contact you privately.

Well...if nothing you say openly on the threads squashes your avatar into nonexistence, maybe something

you send in a pm will. Naughty

Thanks Todd for keeping us all safe and sound. Hurray!

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #79502
                September 2, 2009
                6394 Posts
                Posted: April 13, 2012, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Do you think your college would be interested in a few Chicken-Soup-In-A-Sponge vending machines?

Or the Cup o Pizza ? Nah, its ahead of its time.  White Bouncelol

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

WV
                  United States
                  Member #107175
                  March 2, 2011
                  100 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Tell me more. What do you do? How often do you play? Have you ever won? Is the lotto the only path to wealth in this country?

Its the fastest path i know of

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2012, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I think of it as a game.  Sometimes you win.. sometimes you lose.  You have to keep practicing.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                      British Columbia
                      Canada
                      Member #116101
                      September 4, 2011
                      4033 Posts
                      Posted: April 16, 2012, 5:55 am - IP Logged

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Bronx, NY
                        United States
                        Member #124198
                        March 8, 2012
                        105 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2012, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

As NightStalker said,  its all about financial security for me.  Being able to not have to pinch every penny when buy groceries, had skimping on wants.  Winning the lottery would open up so many doors.

Mindy86's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                          Valley Village, CA
                          United States
                          Member #126392
                          April 8, 2012
                          20 Posts
                          Posted: April 17, 2012, 3:53 am - IP Logged

I personally play for the adrenaline rush, knowing if my numbers are going to hit or miss. I don't expect to win big as I don't play big.

It gives me something to do and the excitement that I will get if I do get that one nice win Wink.  Might help me pay a debt or two.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: April 17, 2012, 4:32 am - IP Logged

i see the state of schools and hospitals, and figure they need some extra cash

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4784 Posts
                              Posted: April 17, 2012, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

You started this discussion . Time to tell us !!

Who ?

Where ?

Why ?

Full details .. No need for Private mail here ......

I agree with Cajun.  This is a smart group here kiddo. 

By the way, I worked as a reporter for my college newspaper and am a book author (a real publisher) and have

(1) never referred to myself as a "journalist" and

(2) always fully disclosed for whom I worked for, my title, etc.  I don't know of any college newspaper where staff reporters are called "journalists."

(3)You might want to do a survey among your own students to these questions.  It would make your article more "relatable."

Are you sure this is not some sort of 9th grade research project or research for one of those "online newpapers" that pay you $10 per article?