Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another interesting trip to my local 7-11

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by AmoWin.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4987 Posts
Posted: April 16, 2012, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Now this time, I filled out three slips with one ticket each for decades of dollars, PB and MM.  I told the clerk I wanted the megaplier and power play.  She handed me back a bunch of tickets including two I did not pick and none with the multipliers. Then she took two of my play slips and penciled something on them and then she printed out two more Qps.  I asked to see the Play slips and said "you filled those Qps out, I did not". I asked her again to print the numbers I checked or have someone assist her.   She did her best to get me to take the tickets with the QP numbers vs the ones I picked.  And her english is pretty good.

I also choose the same #s for both the MM and PB.  They make it a hassle to play. At least in DC they get it right.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: April 16, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Now this time, I filled out three slips with one ticket each for decades of dollars, PB and MM.  I told the clerk I wanted the megaplier and power play.  She handed me back a bunch of tickets including two I did not pick and none with the multipliers. Then she took two of my play slips and penciled something on them and then she printed out two more Qps.  I asked to see the Play slips and said "you filled those Qps out, I did not". I asked her again to print the numbers I checked or have someone assist her.   She did her best to get me to take the tickets with the QP numbers vs the ones I picked.  And her english is pretty good.

I also choose the same #s for both the MM and PB.  They make it a hassle to play. At least in DC they get it right.

I have very little patience (though I try to remain polite) for people who are incompetent at their jobs.

And convenience stores seem to attract them.

After they clearly screw up what should be a simple task, they don't get another chance.

I go to a different clerk or I go somewhere else.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4987 Posts
      Posted: April 16, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I have very little patience (though I try to remain polite) for people who are incompetent at their jobs.

And convenience stores seem to attract them.

After they clearly screw up what should be a simple task, they don't get another chance.

I go to a different clerk or I go somewhere else.

I was polite but I ended up going through a stack of tickets to find my tickets that I asked for.  Do they get a quota on volume of tickets sold?  She had about 4 chances.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
        Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: April 16, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Lurking

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #114703
          August 5, 2011
          4623 Posts
          Posted: April 16, 2012, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey Artist, it sounds like a goof on the clerks part-when the clerk makes a mistake on lotto, they HAVE TO BUY THEIR MISTAKE TICKETS,which is no big deal if she had money on her that day, however it's a big mess if she didn't, on the mistake tickets they do allow to see if someone else will buy them, next time i would refuse to take the tickets that were mistakes and then tell her you know that they are allowed to sale mistake tickets to other people, in additon it can be very confusing on lotto if they aren't a regular lotto player themselves.....and now you know she probably isn't  a lotto player, and now you know if she is on shift, to only buy one or 2 max from her....

On another note; Don't tell her a million games you want to play all at once, if you want a powerball, say powerball with powerplay or without, and then how many tickets you want and if you want cash or annuity, wait for them to print that ticket, get it entered into the register, and then after that is done tell them the next game, with the above instructions, I've found alot less mistakes with the clerks using this method...

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3095 Posts
            Posted: April 16, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

I go to Circle K and Big Apple store and neither of the clerks at those stores are retarded.  Plus I fill out my playslip with one my pick and one QP.  I have used the same slip were ever I go and it works because all they have to do is scan it and then I pay them the amount printed on the ticket.  Good luck with your headache.-weshar75

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2012, 1:07 am - IP Logged

I was up visiting a northern state not too long ago and asked for the max on advanced draws on the MM at this small rural country store.....well, you would have thought I asked this girl to perform  a lobotomy on a corpse......... Kept asking if I wanted all the draws on one ticket, then if I wanted them all for the next drawing only......It got to the point That I started laughing and went outside.... Came back in and asked her if she had anyone to help her address the quagmire we were in.... She then got angry and said she could figure it out by herself....Now I REALLY start laughing. Tears are coming down my face.... I felt sorry for her, because she came back with 20 draws on the next drawing only, then she came back with 2 tickets with 20 QPs for the next drawing again.....I just took the 2 tickets with 2 QPs and left......She was feisty and determined to sell me 20 QPs for the next draw....Glad I didn't ask her to make a pizza or sing the Star Spangled Banner. Might have had to buy the puptent in the camping section and spend the night.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3159 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2012, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Don't your playslips have the megaplier/powerplay option on them, instead of asking for it. If not you should contact you lotto.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3501 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2012, 1:31 am - IP Logged

I don't know what other states have done, but NY either took quite a while to put the megaplier option on the betslip or took a really long time to get the slips out to retailers in my area. I specifically looked for them a couple of times, and was told they weren't available. I don't recall how long ago I had last checked, but I finally found some within the last couple of weeks or so. IIRC NY added the megaplier about the time they added PB, which was 2 years ago.

United States
                    Member #121745
                    January 16, 2012
                    4987 Posts
                    Posted: April 17, 2012, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Don't your playslips have the megaplier/powerplay option on them, instead of asking for it. If not you should contact you lotto.

One of the playslips has that option but you still have to tell the clerks here or it won't be on your ticket.  Even if you check it (I think it is on the MM ticket), their computers usually do not seem to "read" it.  Not sure why.

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4987 Posts
                      Posted: April 17, 2012, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I was up visiting a northern state not too long ago and asked for the max on advanced draws on the MM at this small rural country store.....well, you would have thought I asked this girl to perform  a lobotomy on a corpse......... Kept asking if I wanted all the draws on one ticket, then if I wanted them all for the next drawing only......It got to the point That I started laughing and went outside.... Came back in and asked her if she had anyone to help her address the quagmire we were in.... She then got angry and said she could figure it out by herself....Now I REALLY start laughing. Tears are coming down my face.... I felt sorry for her, because she came back with 20 draws on the next drawing only, then she came back with 2 tickets with 20 QPs for the next drawing again.....I just took the 2 tickets with 2 QPs and left......She was feisty and determined to sell me 20 QPs for the next draw....Glad I didn't ask her to make a pizza or sing the Star Spangled Banner. Might have had to buy the puptent in the camping section and spend the night.

lol lol   I am learning there are adventures in playing the lottery.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: April 17, 2012, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

7-11 In OK don't sell lottery tickets...Unhappy

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: April 17, 2012, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

I got a 'story'... I stopped at a gas station that sells everything.  I was the only person in line, give the lady behind the counter my playslips.  She runs them and then brings back the tickets to COUNT THEM OUT ON THE COUNTER infront of me since she is too slow/stupid (whatever) to just read what the machine says for a total.  About then a couple of 12-13 year olds walk up to the counter and plunk down 4- 32once soda cups, the kind with a plastice lid for a straw.  Well about 5 seconds later, kid grabs (or loses the grip) on one and DUMPS the full cup all over the counter, lady behind the counter and MY TICKETS.  He nails about 1/3 of them.  Lady behind the counter looks like she is gonna kill the kid, I just about bust out laughing.  She did a good job cleaning my tickets up, no real damage except the workers who had to clean up the mess as the lady helping me called couple other people over to clean up.  I looked at the kids as I left and said well if nothing else you made it exciting here tonight and smiled at him.

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4987 Posts
                            Posted: April 17, 2012, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I got a 'story'... I stopped at a gas station that sells everything.  I was the only person in line, give the lady behind the counter my playslips.  She runs them and then brings back the tickets to COUNT THEM OUT ON THE COUNTER infront of me since she is too slow/stupid (whatever) to just read what the machine says for a total.  About then a couple of 12-13 year olds walk up to the counter and plunk down 4- 32once soda cups, the kind with a plastice lid for a straw.  Well about 5 seconds later, kid grabs (or loses the grip) on one and DUMPS the full cup all over the counter, lady behind the counter and MY TICKETS.  He nails about 1/3 of them.  Lady behind the counter looks like she is gonna kill the kid, I just about bust out laughing.  She did a good job cleaning my tickets up, no real damage except the workers who had to clean up the mess as the lady helping me called couple other people over to clean up.  I looked at the kids as I left and said well if nothing else you made it exciting here tonight and smiled at him.

lol  32 ouncers....oh my.  Lottery playing is a hazardous game. I wonder if you had won if they would have questioned stained tickets?

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                              TX
                              United States
                              Member #121193
                              January 4, 2012
                              1637 Posts
                              Posted: April 17, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Nothing like adding some beverages with your lotto purchase !!!!!!....lol, good story

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way