Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why Play Pwerball or Mega-Millions ?? Play you're States games !!

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 5 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
Wisconsin
United States
Member #123290
February 17, 2012
3048 Posts
Posted: April 28, 2012, 5:04 am - IP Logged

The odds are just to high on you Winning the Jackpot . But , The odds are so much better on you're States games( Easy 5 . Take 5 , Fantasy 5 , Cash 5 . Little Lotto , Lotto  , Mega Money and Etc . ). . You could make more money in the Long Run !!!

You know I play my state games because you've been in the threads.

Wisconsin MegaBucks was won in Jan/2012 Jackpot $14,300,000. It got that high

because no one won the jackpot in all of 2011, only one person listed on the state

website for 2011 winning $622, that's itWhat? That seems worse than MegaMillions and Powerball. lol

But I'll keep playing!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
    Northern Virginia
    United States
    Member #83350
    December 5, 2009
    1313 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2012, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

The only games I play are the 3-ball/4-ball numbers games because I feel strongly that lower tier prize winners get ripped off.

For example, Mega Millions 4+0, odds 1 in 15,313, prize $150. The odds are greater than an exact match in the Pick-4, but the payout is less than that of a 3-way box match in the Pick-3. I feel that that is completely unacceptable. I feel that the payout for a Mega-Millions 4+0 match should be closer to $7500.

I will not play Powerball or Mega Millions except under extreme circumstances (i.e. potentially record-setting jackpot coinciding with my birthday, a major holiday, or Feb. 29) until the prize-payout ratio for the lower tier prizes is at least 25% of the prize's odds.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5112 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2012, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

The odds are just to high on you Winning the Jackpot . But , The odds are so much better on you're States games( Easy 5 . Take 5 , Fantasy 5 , Cash 5 . Little Lotto , Lotto  , Mega Money and Etc . ). . You could make more money in the Long Run !!!

PartyDance

why not PLAY>>>>>>>>ALL>>>>>>>>>games???????

we R in D big time>>>>>>>NOW>>>>rockin>along on ??????? BIG GOVERNMENT, BIG food, gas, rent went up, $$$$$$$$

BIG student debt>>>>>>NOW>>ROCKIN along on D last real car I will ever B able 2 AFFORD & can't AFFORD

2 take it 2 D shop 4 <<<<REPAIR'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

our chinese brother's R buy'g a NEW CAR @ D RATE of "ONE" every>>>>>"THREE"..........SECOND'$$$$$$$$$

but,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "CRAZY"...........JACKPOT$$$$$$$$

Jack-in-the-Box

Minnesnowta
        United States
        Member #125219
        March 27, 2012
        79 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I play 2 games. MM and PB. Why? Because someday I'd like to wake up hundreds of millions of dollars richer. That's why.

Making dreams on a 1-175 million chance...

Fools we are.

NY
          United States
          Member #127621
          May 5, 2012
          19 Posts
          Posted: May 5, 2012, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

MM's 2nd prize - 1:3.9m = $250k whereas NY lotto 1:3.7m now payes $32k.  Lotto reached $200k

only once in 1 year.  PB is $1m -  1:5.1m but now costs $2; $3 raises to $2m.

NY sweetmillion is $1m - 1:3.8m, but low prizes are low.

Best overall game is Take5.

Scratch has limited winners per state.  Eventhough my uncle just won $5k week/life on a $10 card.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19813 Posts
            Posted: May 5, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

My state biggest game is Classic Lotto and the overall odds of winning a prize are 1:54 and the odds of winning 3of6 for $2 are 1:57.

MegaMillions overall odds of winning a prize are 1:39.8 and the odds of winning 0+1 for $2 are 1:75.

You are more likely to win something playing MM than you are playing CL for the same price and if you do get lucky and win the jackpot, you are going to win a lot more.  Sure the odds of winning the state game jackpots are better but the number of people who have won aren't much more than the number of Ohioans that have won MM jackpots.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: May 5, 2012, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

You know I play my state games because you've been in the threads.

Wisconsin MegaBucks was won in Jan/2012 Jackpot $14,300,000. It got that high

because no one won the jackpot in all of 2011, only one person listed on the state

website for 2011 winning $622, that's itWhat? That seems worse than MegaMillions and Powerball. lol

But I'll keep playing!

wow...thats quite an amazing statistic!!  i hate being in that pool...Mad

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19813 Posts
                Posted: May 5, 2012, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

wow...thats quite an amazing statistic!!  i hate being in that pool...Mad

Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) jackpot was over $50M when it was won last year after going almost two years with out a jackpot winner but it had another jackpot winner the next drawing after its jackpot reset to $1M.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11974 Posts
                  Posted: May 5, 2012, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

MEGA MILLIONS and POWERBALL have a higher playership than states games. MM and PB generate more winners because of the higher playership even though the odds of winning are out of this world. 

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!