Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Winner Promises

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 4 years ago by kapla.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do Lotto Winners follow through on what they promise they will do with their earnings?

Yes, 99.99% of the time [ 6 ]  [10.71%]
Yes, 75% of the time [ 5 ]  [8.93%]
Yes, 50% of the time [ 9 ]  [16.07%]
Yes, 25% of the time [ 4 ]  [7.14%]
No! They were just too excited at th epress confe [ 8 ]  [14.29%]
No, they disappeared from the public after the win [ 5 ]  [8.93%]
No [ 1 ]  [1.79%]
No, I asked a lottery winner and they said no [ 1 ]  [1.79%]
Yes, I asked a lottery winner and they said yes! [ 1 ]  [1.79%]
Don't know, don't care... [ 16 ]  [28.57%]
Total Valid Votes [ 56 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
The-One's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcRMqX8QWSV7QJJhDbrG0I-D3eFcqFAzXzCj-A_r-IsB3aQITDh3HQ
New York
United States
Member #130187
July 8, 2012
147 Posts
Posted: August 13, 2012, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

If your lucky in this lifetime you WON'T be able to count your friends on one hand.  Again thats if your lucky and yes I said you WON'T be able to count your true friends on one hand.  Even in the movies (fantasy land)  there is usually only one person left (if anyone at all, cause some times there is no one left to turn to) that the hero can turn to for aide or help.  After you win the lotto plan on making new aquaintences cause your so called friends were just that, really only aquaintences at best.  Most people do not know what a true friend is.  Many people argue all the time that they have so many friends that would stand by them no matter what.  I say this.  Win the lottery and you will know who your friends are.  Also note that the burdens on a rich man are more then 100 fold any burdens you had before if you are a JUST man.  For now you have power over people and having any sort of power of people in any way means that your decisions effect not only those you directly use your power on but those that are involved and around those people.  If you are religious at all every decision you make with that power will be soul binding.  With great power comes greater responsibility.  "Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." 

What does this all have to do with math you ask?  Well lets see,  since we are basically gamblers (fact)   Then if you believe in God and die and Gods there then your good,  if you believe and God and die and he isn't there, then your good.  However if you choose to not believe in God and die and he is there, then your screwed.  If you don't believe in God and you die and he isn't there then your ok.  Based on math the odds are in your favor if you believe.  Common Sense.  With that I say GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !!!!

Fortune cookie 101 

If you must choose,  then choose wisely!

According to the Obama admistration you have better odds to hit the next number then the odds of a new job being created.  Good Luck!!! :p

Aside from the Dos Equis beer guy being the most interesting man in the world.  There is no more interesting people in the world than gamblers.  I'm right at home.  :)

United States
    Member #123632
    February 25, 2012
    156 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2012, 10:32 am - IP Logged

If your lucky in this lifetime you WON'T be able to count your friends on one hand.  Again thats if your lucky and yes I said you WON'T be able to count your true friends on one hand.  Even in the movies (fantasy land)  there is usually only one person left (if anyone at all, cause some times there is no one left to turn to) that the hero can turn to for aide or help.  After you win the lotto plan on making new aquaintences cause your so called friends were just that, really only aquaintences at best.  Most people do not know what a true friend is.  Many people argue all the time that they have so many friends that would stand by them no matter what.  I say this.  Win the lottery and you will know who your friends are.  Also note that the burdens on a rich man are more then 100 fold any burdens you had before if you are a JUST man.  For now you have power over people and having any sort of power of people in any way means that your decisions effect not only those you directly use your power on but those that are involved and around those people.  If you are religious at all every decision you make with that power will be soul binding.  With great power comes greater responsibility.  "Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." 

What does this all have to do with math you ask?  Well lets see,  since we are basically gamblers (fact)   Then if you believe in God and die and Gods there then your good,  if you believe and God and die and he isn't there, then your good.  However if you choose to not believe in God and die and he is there, then your screwed.  If you don't believe in God and you die and he isn't there then your ok.  Based on math the odds are in your favor if you believe.  Common Sense.  With that I say GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !!!!

Amen

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2012, 5:29 am - IP Logged

Not sure why this is in the Mathemetics section...

I went with "don't know, don't care"; I don't follow the exploits of lottery winners at all, so I wouldn't know.  I'm aware that a lot of people here are into that "Lottery Changed My Life" show, but personally I couldn't care less about what people do after their big win.

I Agree! why is this in math forum?