Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

excel help please

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: May 21, 2012, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

The browser you are using may have something to do with how your data is formatted when you copy and paste into Excel.

I had to create a few variations for Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.  Micrsoft Internet Explorer will place all the data in 1 column whereas Mozilla Firefox will actually place all the data in the correct cells for my own Excel file(s).

The other thing that will affect how your data is copied is if you have previous settings for Data > Text to columns that are causing the data to go into the incorrect cell range(s).

Personally Mozilla Firefox cuts down the copy and paste a step or 2.

If you would like my Excel file I use to update all the State draws including the Canadian draws your welcome to use it. 

Draws are current through Sunday May 20, 2012

https://www.box.com/s/6097c8c41d299af340e5

This is the video on how to update the draws from Lotterypost into Excel via Microsoft Internet Explorer.  If you are using Mozilla Firefox you will need to copy and paste into the Tab labeled LP.

The video explains how to copy and paste Sunday only draws.  The Monday through Saturday draws require another video.  You may find a link in one of my older posts from this year.

Here is the video download:

https://www.box.com/s/a84661e08ac5f196658a

Let me know if you have any questions!!

This is the video for updating the Monday through Saturday draws:

http://www.screencast.com/t/CbYQpjdCYM

Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
    Somerset
    United Kingdom
    Member #9710
    December 17, 2004
    184 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Yes a real problem here.

So I wrote a little app for you to do it http://www.lsa-lottery-software.com/NYL.zip

Download my little app,unzip and run it

Paste the results that have been copied directly from the website to the top text window in the app.

The bottom text window will then populate automatically for you with the data in a manageably format.

Select all and copy out to be pasted wherever you like.

If the app wont run you will have to install the MS VB runtimes, search Google for the file.

Jamie

Just a note I thought I had better add, this is virus free, it is on my server and I wrote it just a moment ago, scanned it before uploading, its safe...

Have fun

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
      Somerset
      United Kingdom
      Member #9710
      December 17, 2004
      184 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2012, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

Just tested it on the Jackpot games. works for those also

Jamie

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2012, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your efforts developer...i apologize i have not tried it yet...Pick 3 is really annoying me...i have started to play only front pair 91x...and trying to not devote too much time to it...and i may do a dollar soon because i think its timed...

Its like in that police song...

I cant stand losing!!!

I cant seem to find the waveform because there are no doubles!!

When i give it a whirl i will let you know how it goes!!!

Thanks for your link...