Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP and the Lotteries

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 5 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do LP predictions and methods affect lottery draws?

Yes [ 10 ]  [27.03%]
No [ 27 ]  [72.97%]
Total Valid Votes [ 37 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #115803
August 28, 2011
127 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

If it were possible (and I'm skeptical, of course!), I'd rather find a method that would consistently help me win smaller tier prizes...say somewhere in the $500-$1,000 range. 

The theory being that I could stay under the radar a little more than someone who won a multi-million dollar jackpot. 

Of course, I wouldn't complain if I won a giant jackpot.  But I'd still be happy to hit smaller tier prizes more frequently.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3857 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2012, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

voted no on the the effect,

but yes, if you could win $500, consistently and stay "under the radar" that would be nice.

heard tell,  from some at the race track, they been doing this for years,

if thats true, how come they look like a bum ?

unless......

maybe thats part of being under the radar ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Belgium
      Member #128218
      May 19, 2012
      96 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2012, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

voted no on the the effect,

but yes, if you could win $500, consistently and stay "under the radar" that would be nice.

heard tell,  from some at the race track, they been doing this for years,

if thats true, how come they look like a bum ?

unless......

maybe thats part of being under the radar ?

haymaker is right...

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
        Oklahoma
        United States
        Member #82391
        November 12, 2009
        6305 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

I believe there may have been a winner here, just saying.

me too....Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2012, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

I believe there may have been a winner here, just saying.

or 2

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2012, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

If it were possible (and I'm skeptical, of course!), I'd rather find a method that would consistently help me win smaller tier prizes...say somewhere in the $500-$1,000 range. 

The theory being that I could stay under the radar a little more than someone who won a multi-million dollar jackpot. 

Of course, I wouldn't complain if I won a giant jackpot.  But I'd still be happy to hit smaller tier prizes more frequently.

say somewhere in the $500-$1,000 range. 

Yeah, its called getting a job....... just sayin

Patriot

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2012, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Lurking

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
                upstate NY
                United States
                Member #108791
                March 31, 2011
                549 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2012, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

say somewhere in the $500-$1,000 range. 

Yeah, its called getting a job....... just sayin

Patriot

Indeed.  Thumbs Up

I don't think the people responsible were LP members, but players in Massachusetts cracked the Cash WinFall game, leading officials there to close the loophole that had been exploited last year and eventually end the game earlier this year.

If a winning system were indeed posted here at LP, it probably wouldn't remain a winning system for long.  However, to answer the rest of the question, I don't think lottery officials have anything to fear from us puttering around.

Patriot

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2012, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Indeed.  Thumbs Up

I don't think the people responsible were LP members, but players in Massachusetts cracked the Cash WinFall game, leading officials there to close the loophole that had been exploited last year and eventually end the game earlier this year.

If a winning system were indeed posted here at LP, it probably wouldn't remain a winning system for long.  However, to answer the rest of the question, I don't think lottery officials have anything to fear from us puttering around.

Great story, I just read about it. Couple heads into town and buys $307,000. worth of tickets. lol.

I'm surprised they didn't cancel the draw and keep the money. lol.

Now they are only allowed to spend $5000. per day, per retailer.

So they would need to make 62 stops to make the same purchase again. lol.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                    Connecticut
                    United States
                    Member #61623
                    May 29, 2008
                    20581 Posts
                    Posted: May 30, 2012, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

A lot of methods, information, and predictions about lotteries is posted at the LP.

Are lotteries adjusting thier methods based on predictions and what is said at the LP?

Is to much information being given out at the LP?

If a winning system were posted at the LP, would it stay a winning system?

There's no such thing as too much information...it's just a question of what we are capable of intaking mentally.

Are lotteries adjusting thier methods based on predictions and what is said at the LP?

as far as P3 goes,I don't think it's possible.Although I would hate to be an offshore P3 site these days.They gotta be getting spanked by folks who come through here. lol

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                      Member #59354
                      March 13, 2008
                      4090 Posts
                      Posted: May 30, 2012, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

A lot of methods, information, and predictions about lotteries is posted at the LP.

Is to much information being given out at the LP?

If a winning system were posted at the LP, would it stay a winning system?

JKING

I would bet money they read the post here at LP.  Maybe not the people at the state gaming office but the people

who build the RNG's, scratchers, etc... are.   99% of stuff here is of little use other than day to day trends but if you

find something that really works, keep it to yourself.   I don't think that they pay much attention to pick-3 but the big

games where a lottery could go bust in one drawing would I think be of much interest.   Lets sat that I could produce

a algorithm that could hit 4 positional numbers about 1 in 100 attempts.  Leaving the player to have to choose one number

for the third position.  Again lets say that I gave the numbers 5-23  --  45-54 leaving only 22 numbers to fill in the 3rd

number.  Lets say again that 1000 people used this information each draw.  lets further say that out of these 1000

players that 200 manage to hit the third number for that draw.  I think it would be a bit of a problem for them to come

up with $200,000,000 to pay the second level prizes let alone the 4of5 and with something like this the JP would have a

good chance to being hit too.  Not saying I do and not saying I don't but if I did I would never post it.  I kind of like playing

the lottery.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        4090 Posts
                        Posted: May 30, 2012, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

The one thing I do find that is odd here at LP is how many new people show up and assume this is a board of jackpot winners and ask what numbers they should play.

Maybe some new members wronly assume people who have played lotteries for a while and post so much about them must know how to win them.   It's only after they get some advice from them that they learn the truth, lottery players don't necessarily get smarter with experience.

RJOh

I agree, many go the other way, 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: June 3, 2012, 12:56 am - IP Logged

The one thing I do find that is odd here at LP is how many new people show up and assume this is a board of jackpot winners and ask what numbers they should play.

Maybe some new members wronly assume people who have played lotteries for a while and post so much about them must know how to win them.   It's only after they get some advice from them that they learn the truth, lottery players don't necessarily get smarter with experience.

Wait... you mean everyone here HASN'T won 7 or more jackpots???Thud

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #86154
                            January 30, 2010
                            1654 Posts
                            Posted: June 3, 2012, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

"To me even hitting a str8 for 10K would be considered a jackpot.  ....thats why i suppose box is a good idea "

If that's the case Bone I'm already a jackpot winner. I have post many times that the best winning strategy is NOT playing and thats why I withheld all my lottery spending and saved up over $16K in a few short years.

Make no mistake, I can still play 2 lines on every draw and only spend $520. in 5 years.

We have a computer programmer here who simulated 175,000 lines per draw and GAVE UP because it was such a loosing proposition. So much for "winning systems" better save your money J.

If he cant get it done with 1.4 million per month, what is a $400. a month systematization goin ta doo???

Regarding your last three sentences...this is why I've maintained my position of playing the least as possible within reason. A person can sit down and come up with all those combinations which will look very, very good on a computer screen. In the end, it's still only a drop in the bucket for the total amount of combinations in the game. This, and, the fact that (1) number stands between winning or losing it all...which I'm basing on matching (5) numbers for the $200K+ prize.

Miss that fifth number and bye-bye $175K for a single draw...literally. On the other hand, the winning combination just could be in the mix of 'em...who knows?

I'd much rather be very, very lucky with a little and win than very, very foolish with a lot and lose.

L.L.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5145 Posts
                              Posted: June 4, 2012, 1:23 am - IP Logged

NSV:

"LET DOWN UR BUCKET"

"DRINK">>>>>UR>>>>>game?????>>>>>>LP<<<can't pick UR game

LP can't<<<<<UR>>>>>game talent<<<<<LP>KAN>giveUtool$$$$$$

Jack-in-the-Box