Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many people no longer play the MM Megaplier or PB Powerplay option?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I was wondering how many people have stopped playing the MM Megaplier or

PB Powerplay option. I had always played both of those options until more recently.

I always was hoping for the second prize so thought it made sense to spend the extra

dollar on each. Well since my luck for the last number of months has not been good I've

decided to just skip those options and just play regular MM and PB. I wish the secondary

prize for MM without the Megaplier could be 1 million instead of 250K (don't get me wrong would

love the 250K but somehow having taxes taken out of 1 million seems like a better deal than

what is left after taxes are taken from the 250k).  The only good thing about the fact that they

raised their price on PB is that the secondary prize is 1 million.

United States
    Member #115803
    August 28, 2011
    127 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I've never played the Megaplier or Powerplay.

Always figured it made more sense to use the extra dollar to buy another number combination instead.  I'd rather have 2 chances to win $250K than 1 chance to win  $250K times the multiplier, I guess.

(Or, save the dollar to play the next drawing.)

Bahamas
      Member #114685
      August 5, 2011
      422 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Always figured it made more sense to use the extra dollar to buy another number combination instead.  I'd rather have 2 chances to win $250K than 1 chance to win  $250K times the multiplier, I guess.

Same here.

This would be more succesful as a poll and bloggers still get to post comments as well.

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

United States
        Member #122468
        February 1, 2012
        530 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Hi nsv314,

It sounds like you would be happy to win the 250K, and as you stated, to have

the chance to have a couple chances of winning or save the dollar for next time.  That sounds

very reasonable. I've been feeling good when I just put down my one dollar like I did today

when I bought my MM ticket, can still feel like I'm in the game (try not to think of the enormous

odds of winning and always hope for the best).

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #94283
          July 17, 2010
          2284 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I've never played the MM multiplier.  I started buying the PB powerplay when it became an automatic million if you hit 5+0.  I bought it on every single ticket up until the price increase.  Now I don't buy it on either game.

United States
            Member #122468
            February 1, 2012
            530 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I've never played the MM multiplier.  I started buying the PB powerplay when it became an automatic million if you hit 5+0.  I bought it on every single ticket up until the price increase.  Now I don't buy it on either game.

Hi HoLeeKau,

I'm curious as to why you never played the MM multiplier since you stated that you use to buy

the PB Powerplay before the price increase in order to get 1 million on the secondary prize and you

can get the 1 million on second prize if you do the MM multiplier? I certainly understand the price increase

issue that's why I've had to go to regular play only.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

When it was first available in Idaho, the 5+0 prize was attached to the multiplier, so if the 2X came up you'd only get 500K anyway (or was it $400K?  I don't remember), so my reasoning was why not just buy 2 tickets for an extra chance.  I didn't realize that at some point it became an automatic million until just a few months ago.  I dunno why I didn't start buying it when I found out - I guess I just don't want to spend more $$$ on lottery at this point.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2012, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

when i first heard of megaplier, i said i would'nt play,

after i understood it better i chose to play it on each ticket,

my wife does'nt play it, she only wants the JP.

i come to realize that when you play the MP, you're really playing 2 games,

1 for the JP and 1 for the 5+0

rarely play powerball, did 1 last week and i did incl. the PP

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                  Member #122468
                  February 1, 2012
                  530 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2012, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

When it was first available in Idaho, the 5+0 prize was attached to the multiplier, so if the 2X came up you'd only get 500K anyway (or was it $400K?  I don't remember), so my reasoning was why not just buy 2 tickets for an extra chance.  I didn't realize that at some point it became an automatic million until just a few months ago.  I dunno why I didn't start buying it when I found out - I guess I just don't want to spend more $$$ on lottery at this point.

Hi HoLeeKau,

Thanks for clarifying that. I do understand wanting to spend less on the lottery and can do that

more by just buying the regular ticket for MM or PB.

United States
                    Member #122468
                    February 1, 2012
                    530 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2012, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

when i first heard of megaplier, i said i would'nt play,

after i understood it better i chose to play it on each ticket,

my wife does'nt play it, she only wants the JP.

i come to realize that when you play the MP, you're really playing 2 games,

1 for the JP and 1 for the 5+0

rarely play powerball, did 1 last week and i did incl. the PP

Hi Haymaker,

I understand why you play the megaplier since I had been doing that for both

games until recently. Now I'm just afraid that I will be pissed if instead of 250K I could have

won 1million if I had spent the extra dollar if my 5 numbers ever come up for second place. You

are right that when you do play the MP you are playing for both the JP and second tier prize, though

even without the MP you still are playing for both prizes. Somehow in my mind it makes it easier

to hope to win the second place prize since you tend to hear of more people who do win second place

as opposed to the number of people who ever win the Jackpot.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2012, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Hi shy, after the powerball increase I stopped power playing however I still megaply.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Bahamas
                        Member #114685
                        August 5, 2011
                        422 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2012, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Hi shy, after the powerball increase I stopped power playing however I still megaply.

Deduct a dollar out of each son's allowance and get in on this 128m dollar jackpot!

Their penalty = Your Treat

No need to thank me for my BRILLIANCE!

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: May 25, 2012, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

@ Dcf

Sounds like 2 boys need more chores to do, each by himself,

that makes the work harder,

after they'll be glad to have a partner.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: May 25, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I was wondering how many people have stopped playing the MM Megaplier or

PB Powerplay option. I had always played both of those options until more recently.

I always was hoping for the second prize so thought it made sense to spend the extra

dollar on each. Well since my luck for the last number of months has not been good I've

decided to just skip those options and just play regular MM and PB. I wish the secondary

prize for MM without the Megaplier could be 1 million instead of 250K (don't get me wrong would

love the 250K but somehow having taxes taken out of 1 million seems like a better deal than

what is left after taxes are taken from the 250k).  The only good thing about the fact that they

raised their price on PB is that the secondary prize is 1 million.

I never played multipliers in the first place shy so I don't how I could stop.

I did go through a phase for a few months when I thought, "I will just go ahead and give them double the money for the same ticket" and I felt almost as stupid as I do when I act nuts and buy 100 or more lines all at one time.

So my permanent goal is to play the same 2 lines ($2.) on all future MM draws.

That's $104. per year if anyone is counting.

I would like to spend $2000. all at one time just to say I did, but it will NOT be on JP game.

I will buy 100 $20. scratchers and use the small winners for gas money.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: May 25, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I'm with DCF.  before I put myself on a budget i would play the megaplyer, powerplay... then powerball was announced to increase, and i simply decided to spend 2$ per drawing... so **if** i were to play an extra 1$ play it would be on megamillions and i would skip the powerball boost cut its already a 1M 2nd tier prize.