Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many people no longer play the MM Megaplier or PB Powerplay option?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2012, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

I play both the Powerplay on Powerball and the Megaplier on MegaMillions on all my tickets.

I only play two lines on each game so it's not a big expense. If I played a lot of lines I might reconsider.

But as others said, I consider the extra buck for a different game with a 2 million dollar prize on Powerball and a 1 million dollar prize on MegaMillions.

And it makes the difference between 10k and 40k if you get 4 numbers and the Powerball and a possibility for the same on MM if you get 4 numbers and the Megaball.

It's worth the extra buck to me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

topnail's avatar - Lottery-021.jpg
    Boise
    United States
    Member #127183
    April 25, 2012
    394 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2012, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

if any one like to spend 1 dollar extra

play powerplay are better add

because they only have 35 number on the powerball

more change to win the second prize

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2012, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

I play both the Powerplay on Powerball and the Megaplier on MegaMillions on all my tickets.

I only play two lines on each game so it's not a big expense. If I played a lot of lines I might reconsider.

But as others said, I consider the extra buck for a different game with a 2 million dollar prize on Powerball and a 1 million dollar prize on MegaMillions.

And it makes the difference between 10k and 40k if you get 4 numbers and the Powerball and a possibility for the same on MM if you get 4 numbers and the Megaball.

It's worth the extra buck to me.

That is a very good point, now that Im only playing 2 lines it is a good idea BUT I play 10 draws at a time and it makes a $20 MM ticket $40. and with that extra $20. I could pay for half of the PB ticket playing 2 lines. 

So the cost is either $60. every 5 week or $100. every 5 weeks.

And the extra $40. could cause me give up to quit playing, so it is not worth it to me.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3046 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2012, 12:21 am - IP Logged

I play mega and powerball with the multipliers on them because I want the most prize for my dollar.  Since you will not always win the jackpot when your numbers come up it is nice to have the extra money from the multipliers then just the base prize for your win.-weshar75

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2012, 11:46 am - IP Logged

That is a very good point, now that Im only playing 2 lines it is a good idea BUT I play 10 draws at a time and it makes a $20 MM ticket $40. and with that extra $20. I could pay for half of the PB ticket playing 2 lines. 

So the cost is either $60. every 5 week or $100. every 5 weeks.

And the extra $40. could cause me give up to quit playing, so it is not worth it to me.

Yeah, it comes down to what you want to spend at one time.

I play a month at a time on PB and MM, two lines each, one birthdays and one QP.

That came to $54 for PB with Powerplay and $36 for MM with Megaplier for this month

That comes to $90 total for both games for the month and that's acceptable for me.

And I don't buy any extra tickets unless I get lower tier wins.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7295 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2012, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, it comes down to what you want to spend at one time.

I play a month at a time on PB and MM, two lines each, one birthdays and one QP.

That came to $54 for PB with Powerplay and $36 for MM with Megaplier for this month

That comes to $90 total for both games for the month and that's acceptable for me.

And I don't buy any extra tickets unless I get lower tier wins.

Thumbs Up

I look at this way; which prize am I most likely to win and that's matching the bonus number or 1 + 1 and since I can't buy another ticket for a $1, using Powerplay is a no brainer. With your method any PB hit you get will cover a week's worth of play on both games and still have a chance at winning $1 million in all 4 drawings.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2012, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

I look at this way; which prize am I most likely to win and that's matching the bonus number or 1 + 1 and since I can't buy another ticket for a $1, using Powerplay is a no brainer. With your method any PB hit you get will cover a week's worth of play on both games and still have a chance at winning $1 million in all 4 drawings.

You do understand that the reason they want to "bonus ball" you for an extra dollar, is because they make millions more that way?? I'm going for the JP and any other prize I may win is a "consolation" prize and I will take whatever it happens to be. (if any)