Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does picking the hottest number improve your odds?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by SergeM.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2012, 9:27 am - IP Logged

If you would pick the hottest number of x drawings, would this improve or not your odds of winning?

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2012, 11:43 am - IP Logged

Yes it would improve.  If you can find the flag formation for occurence of say all 5 numbers hitting within the last 6 games, then you will surely win more lower tier prizes.

Also note the definition of hot number varies.  Some schools believe if a number is out less than 10 days it is hot.  I disagree, unless the particular number is in a flag formation or in something "better than a flag formation"

I look for numbers with momentum...which means it has most hits in varying periods...

so for instance a "HOT" number to me would be a number that has most hits in Last 365 games...last 100 games...and last 50 games...

bgonçalves
      Brasil
      Member #92564
      June 9, 2010
      2134 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Yes it would improve.  If you can find the flag formation for occurence of say all 5 numbers hitting within the last 6 games, then you will surely win more lower tier prizes.

Also note the definition of hot number varies.  Some schools believe if a number is out less than 10 days it is hot.  I disagree, unless the particular number is in a flag formation or in something "better than a flag formation"

I look for numbers with momentum...which means it has most hits in varying periods...

so for instance a "HOT" number to me would be a number that has most hits in Last 365 games...last 100 games...and last 50 games...

Lottoboner Okay, but remember that the numbers are going to sea as a river or   The numbers seek balance output, depending on the size of the lottery to see jumps, To see who figures it out (nothing to do with couple of people ahh!)

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2012, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Lottoboner Okay, but remember that the numbers are going to sea as a river or   The numbers seek balance output, depending on the size of the lottery to see jumps, To see who figures it out (nothing to do with couple of people ahh!)

i dont think numbers necessarily seek balance...thats like playing the cold number when the hot number is performing well...you say let me play the cold number as we seek balance!

Sometimes it can take five years before a number begins to balance!!

bgonçalves
          Brasil
          Member #92564
          June 9, 2010
          2134 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2012, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

i dont think numbers necessarily seek balance...thats like playing the cold number when the hot number is performing well...you say let me play the cold number as we seek balance!

Sometimes it can take five years before a number begins to balance!!

lotto boner, but an integer result! but when it comes to each position   For analyzing each position separately vertically fo will not take 5 years   The whole lot yes!, A specified number at each position the shot is short. Then the digits of a 0th 9 type inverlo delay, an example number 25, has two digits a large range, and a result of 00 00 00 00 00 a large initervalo

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2012, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

with two drawings per week for mega millions and powerball...it could take years!!!

what lotto game are you playing in brazil?  are you playing online?

Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: May 27, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

The hottest number of x drawings is the mode of x drawings. There can be several modes or just no mode at all.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: May 27, 2012, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

The hottest number of x drawings is the mode of x drawings. There can be several modes or just no mode at all.

Main Entry: MODE Pronunciation:*m*d Function:noun Etymology:Middle English moede, from Latin modus measure, manner, musical mode — more at  METE Date:14th century

1 a : an arrangement of the eight diatonic notes or tones of an octave according to one of several fixed schemes of their intervals  b : a rhythmical scheme (as in 13th and 14th century music) 2 : 2MOOD 2 3 [Late Latin modus, from Latin]  a : 2MOOD 1  b : the modal form of the assertion or denial of a logical proposition 4 a : a particular form or variety of something  *flying and other modes of transport*  b : a form or manner of expression  : STYLE 5 : a possible, customary, or preferred way of doing something  *explained in the usual solemn mode* 6 a : a manifestation, form, or arrangement of being;  specifically   : a particular form or manifestation of an underlying substance  b : a particular functioning arrangement or condition  : STATUS  *a spacecraft in reentry mode*  *a computer operating in parallel mode* 7 a : the most frequent value of a set of data  b : a value of a random variable for which a function of probabilities defined on it achieves a relative maximum 8 : any of various stationary vibration patterns of which an elastic body or oscillatory system is capable  *the vibration mode of an airplane propeller blade*  *the vibrational modes of a molecule*

Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2012, 4:47 am - IP Logged

Mode 

Date 101-14-22-32-33-45
                  Date 201-17-25-29-41-43
                  Date 302-08-14-18-19-42
                  Date 403-17-27-31-35-38

Modi: 1,14,17

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                    Member #5599
                    July 13, 2004
                    1192 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2012, 7:20 am - IP Logged

If you would pick the hottest number of x drawings, would this improve or not your odds of winning?

Hi,

I think you will find that in general this strategy will not work well for you.

If you track the amount ocurrance that each number has over a paricular time frame, you will find that the hot numbers will probably only happen for only one, or maybe two, of the numbers picked in the next draw.

Most draws are a mix of hot, medium, and cold numbers.

Like coin flipping, at some point there will be an equal amount of heads and tails. Just because heads is hotter than tails at the moment, the higher ocurrances of heads won't hold true for an extended period of time. The only exception is if the coin itself is flawed by having one side heavier than the other.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

bgonçalves
                      Brasil
                      Member #92564
                      June 9, 2010
                      2134 Posts
                      Posted: May 28, 2012, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Hello, lottoboner, I play the lottery 60/6 chance in 50 million The search for the output balance of the numbers is the range of numbers for large numbers From suit to suit even greater number six and six is ??so enormous, that part I agree with you. Lottoboner're thinking and see saltoa between digits and not between the numbers,  But this is with rl rondomlogic my goal to see the standard that give 80% to 100%, even giving some confidence to invest. Alias ??lottoboner, you get a list of default which give 80% and 100% in the lottery draw?

Economy class
                        Belgium
                        Member #123700
                        February 27, 2012
                        4035 Posts
                        Posted: May 28, 2012, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

EUROMILLIONS

488 GAMES 
                        463 TESTS

MODES FROM 25 PREVIOUS GAMES

Minimum count of modes: 1 
                        Maximum count of modes: 12

Minimum score of modes: 0 
                        Maximum score of modes: 2

count of modesoccurrences012
                        Sum:463379768

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: May 28, 2012, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Hello, lottoboner, I play the lottery 60/6 chance in 50 million The search for the output balance of the numbers is the range of numbers for large numbers From suit to suit even greater number six and six is ??so enormous, that part I agree with you. Lottoboner're thinking and see saltoa between digits and not between the numbers,  But this is with rl rondomlogic my goal to see the standard that give 80% to 100%, even giving some confidence to invest. Alias ??lottoboner, you get a list of default which give 80% and 100% in the lottery draw?

I would suppose the by default, chance can only be improved by 25%

If you take a hypothetical thought experiment...because the ART of Conjecture is based on this premise...

By that rational...if i flip a coin once...i have a 1 in 4 chance of it being heads.

If i flip a 2nd time..and then i have a 2 in 4 chance of it being heads...

3rd flip is  3 in 4 chance of being heads...

4th flip is 4 in 4 chance of being heads...  its already now Certain...by approx  99%.

But i lose because the result was a series of 4 tails...

So now my chance of improvement has regressed to 25% as opposed to 99% certainty.

Now i suppose again that i am making many assumptions in considering this possibility...

but i would suppose that the Modus pattern fue una bandera y que las formaciones son de la numeritos mas caliente o que es la condicional de las digitos mode.

A 6/60 game would require the modes to be indentified...y la cosa es quien puede ver las formaciones criticos...

I would assume for all the modes to vibrate at the same or similar frequency.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: May 28, 2012, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

What about modes of different suits??

I assume suit means different number groupings...

this charts indicates that there are between 12 and 21 occurrences where 6 numbers were expressing themselves as a modus bandera...or in roulette terms...spinning on axis or had high vibrational frequency...

Economy class
                              Belgium
                              Member #123700
                              February 27, 2012
                              4035 Posts
                              Posted: May 29, 2012, 4:43 am - IP Logged

Does picking the hottest number improve your odds?

The hottest number, that means that there is only one.

Count of modes:       1
                              Occurrences:            265

Count of scores 0:    239
                              Count of scores 1:    26

The score was 26/265 with a 5/50 game for 463 tests.