Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Odds on Odds

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19828 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2012, 12:45 am - IP Logged

This Forum Discussion is beating a dead horse with a stick !!!!!

That's what usually happens when someone wants to debate an old subject but have nothing new to add.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:17 am - IP Logged

Dude dont try and reson with some of these guys.they are too gulible and saying to them that the lottey is fixed is like saying obama will get re-elected.it just starts a never ending flame war.of course its fixed.conservatives wouldnt beleive you if you told them that a pond was tainted even if it had a ten dead deer in it with flys swirling about.they still would have to take a sip.

no...they would not take a sip...

what they would do is bottle it...sell it...and label it as "natural"....

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:23 am - IP Logged

This type of reasoning will lead to ruin.

If all the information I have (since I don't watch basketball, or let's just say in this hypothetical, have never watched or heard of Lebron James) is that he just did it twice in a row, I'd say that, at least from my perspective, I'd think it's MORE likely to be able to do it a third time.  That's because he's shown the ability to do it twice.  Had I seen him try 200 times and only make 80 or 90, then I'd take the bet, because the sample demonstrates that he has less than 50% odds.

Plus, you should probably never "bet the house" even if you have great odds.  If you have a coin flip, that someone was willing to pay you 3 for 1 on, would you take that bet for 100 dollars?  I would.  But would I bet my car on it? (since I don't own a house)  NO!  Because if I lost, I wouldn't have a car to drive.

The point in all this is that first of all, you absolutely are not playing at an advantage on most lottery play.  I've actually only found the oppurtunity to play the lottery two times at a mathemetical advantage, during promotions, but did not win either of those days.  Either way - it is important for an advantage player to scale his bets according to what the advantage and variance of a bet are.  That is how advantagous is it, how risky is it, and how much am I willing to lose on the project if I'm unlucky.

I do have a feeling, though, that this will all go over your head, so now I feel like I just wasted my time.

I noticed you like to use that word variance...how do you mean by that?2

BTW...Lebron James is aka KING JAMES...you must be into golf or something...

Lebron James is to basketball...what Tiger Woods is to putting...

What is the variance of a bet??  How do you determine the predictability of this random phenomenom?

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:33 am - IP Logged

Ok, so how exactly do they profit from the JP roll over??

They could have the money in an interest bearing account and get a few bucks from that, but other than that I just don't see it.

They profit because...they take 50% of every bet off the top...Just because a jackpot rolls doesn't mean they pay more...the jackpot...(second prize JP has been rolling for a month now in New York...)  that rollover amount has been tapped already buy the LotteryGods....the amount on rollover has already been highly taxed...

they dont need money in an interest bearing account...because the lottery gods have the power to PRINT money...although that will never advertise this as being true...

its all a game...or a scam...devised to benefit the minority vs the majority..although the minority is uneducated...so by default...they deserve to be scammed.

Luckily for you R316...you are already 1%...

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Only LL preaches this theory of pre draw fraud...i think his point is valid to a certain degree...but after his 50th post...then i just begin to think he is Crazy

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Are you from Pennsylvania? You must be from Pennsylvania. This is how people who are from Pennsylvania talk, and you are talking this way so you must be from Pennsylvania. Are you from Pennsylvania??

Many people from Pennsylvania are New Yawkers...getting away to the country...so lets not cast stones...

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:42 am - IP Logged

The guy from Pennsylvania is the one saying they do that.......

I think he is nuts.

Lotteries keep MOST of the money. They dont need to cheat.

Yes I agree with you Ronnie...they dont need to cheat...

But thats the challenge...its not the need to cheat...but the need to cheat and get away with it that gives the powerful their jollies...

they keep most of the money...but they never stop from wanting to keep more!!!Red Devil

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Ok I came to the conclusion that the lottery isn't fixed.Instead I figured out how the balls avoid us most of the time to the lotterys advantage.Ok before every live drawing the lottery must have test runs correct?I don't see how they couldn't so this is a fact.In let's say they do test runs up until the match a winner that's in the system.lets say they do test runs until they match 2 winning drawings in the system.Now they are ready to go live after the 2 winning test run drawings.Now what's the odds of the live drawing producing a winner.Odds on Odds people

Is this a theory?  Or did you hear this from LL?

Pre draws are for Quality Control...

This whole idea of predraws is like taking a coin and flipping it over and over...and every flip you try to "force" it heads or tails...i dont think its reliable...I dont think the lottery people worry to much about this scenario...since they pocket 50% of the money from the getgo....oh i am mistaken...they dont pocket the money...it goes to education...

it educates the masses of idiot children out there...who still profit from the lottery while maintaining their idiot statuses...

its not like they flip the coins 5 times and say..."yes we have our advantage!! Lets go live with this one!!!"  That would be too complicated logistically.

But maybe it is possible...its like every quickpick could be programmed to lose based on certain statistically occuring logorithms...

thats why i hate Quick picks.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Is this a theory?  Or did you hear this from LL?

Pre draws are for Quality Control...

This whole idea of predraws is like taking a coin and flipping it over and over...and every flip you try to "force" it heads or tails...i dont think its reliable...I dont think the lottery people worry to much about this scenario...since they pocket 50% of the money from the getgo....oh i am mistaken...they dont pocket the money...it goes to education...

it educates the masses of idiot children out there...who still profit from the lottery while maintaining their idiot statuses...

its not like they flip the coins 5 times and say..."yes we have our advantage!! Lets go live with this one!!!"  That would be too complicated logistically.

But maybe it is possible...its like every quickpick could be programmed to lose based on certain statistically occuring logorithms...

thats why i hate Quick picks.

But LottoBoner, you have forgotten that the Illuminati has already chosen the winning combination long before the draw. So it makes perfect sense that "they" would sell all the losing combinations on QP tickets, pocket all the cash and than announce the chosen winner live for all the world to see.