Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1 year of playing Quick Picks (should we quit)

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 4 years ago by lottogal35.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
CALI
Afghanistan
Member #118735
November 6, 2011
134 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2012, 6:49 am - IP Logged

I started this group in June 2011 and it has gained and lost different players over time. Currently were at 7 players now.

We have spent about $25,000 dollars on Super/Mega quick picks and have not hit the big one. From the financial aspect, it’s about the same as one person dropping a Grand a year for 25 years straight. That’s a Hella-Long time not to nail anything major.

Im wondering if I should stop the group once we hit $30 thousand…

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:05 am - IP Logged

How much has the group actually won??? What is the advantage of dumb picks over smart picks??

Thinking of...

CALI
      Afghanistan
      Member #118735
      November 6, 2011
      134 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:14 am - IP Logged

Roughly about 15% of what we have spent, its a bad investment overall, but what the hell...

happygirl665's avatar - hi
        Spotsylvania, Virginia
        United States
        Member #113688
        July 14, 2011
        24339 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I started this group in June 2011 and it has gained and lost different players over time. Currently were at 7 players now.

We have spent about $25,000 dollars on Super/Mega quick picks and have not hit the big one. From the financial aspect, it’s about the same as one person dropping a Grand a year for 25 years straight. That’s a Hella-Long time not to nail anything major.

Chopperman8238 you must keep in mind that it does take time to hit any numbers. One must be patient, and if others are complaining then let them out of the group.
        As for yourself I personally would keep playing because you never know, once you stop playing you number may drop.. Have some faith my friend.

Peace,

Happygirl 665

Who say's I'm broke? Are you kidding me, I am just waiting on my millions!Dance

United States
          Member #124493
          March 14, 2012
          7023 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2012, 8:04 am - IP Logged

Chopperman8238 you must keep in mind that it does take time to hit any numbers. One must be patient, and if others are complaining then let them out of the group.
          As for yourself I personally would keep playing because you never know, once you stop playing you number may drop.. Have some faith my friend.

Peace,

Happygirl 665

Yes i agree happy girl...rehab is for quitters...but they dont have to worry about their number dropping...as they dont have any numbers...

its all quick picks...and thus it is a unscientific system which means this post should be better put in the mystical thread....

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5588 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

If you won about 15% of your cost, that's about where I usually am, both myself and my group at work. Playing the lottery, at least the jackpot games, is a losing proposition unless you hit a jackpot.

Personally, I occasionally have to fight the urge to spend 5 or 10 bucks on a draw. When I feel that urge, I just go over my records of how much our group plays and how much we won, and that settles that. LOL. And we don't spend what yours is spending.

I'll always be in every jackpot game my state offers, even just a buck, because where else can you spend a dollar (or in PB, 2 bucks) and have a chance at millions?

Your group might want to consider just cutting back how much you spend rather than quitting.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19817 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2012, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Roughly about 15% of what we have spent, its a bad investment overall, but what the hell...

Your problem is thinking of the lottery as an investment.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                NY
                United States
                Member #121961
                January 21, 2012
                3157 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2012, 9:28 am - IP Logged

Our pool starts around 90mill. Except for that record MM, we usually don't spend much and no one complains about what they spent. I would'nt quit after one year, just change something.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7295 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2012, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Considering that between 3/28/12 and 3/30/12, about $636 million MM tickets were sold that won nothing, you're lucky you cashed anything by spending $25,000. Had you bet it all on one drawing, there was only a 1 in 68 chances of winning $10,000.

With odds of 175 million to 1 against winning the jackpot, 40 to 1 against winning any prize, why do you expect to hit the "big one" in one year betting about $250 a drawing?

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2012, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Yes i agree happy girl...rehab is for quitters...but they dont have to worry about their number dropping...as they dont have any numbers...

its all quick picks...and thus it is a unscientific system which means this post should be better put in the mystical thread....

I'm with the big bad LottoBoner on this one. I am "mystified" by people who play a large number of QP all the time because it seems like you are acting as moving target in an already ridiculously hard to hit game.

I am in a pool all by myself playing 2 lines on both MM and PB. It cost the pool $60. every 5 weeks to stay in. If my calculations are correct it could take up to about 14,000 years for one of my lines to "roll around"

But make no mistake about it, all possible combinations will eventually "come up." The only question for me is "will I still be playing when they do"? AND am I still playing the same lines?

After 10 years of draws my numbers have yet to come up. But that only means I'm 10 years closer to hitting.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      Mcminnville, Oregon
                      United States
                      Member #3013
                      December 13, 2003
                      3047 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2012, 11:30 am - IP Logged

It will be 16 years in september that I have been playing the lottery primarily powerball.  I have not won anything more than $100 so I think to help you out.  What you need is a little bit of patience and wait and see what numbers fall your way it takes time to win.  So wait and see if your numbers come up.  Good luck and if you feel like you are spending too much then dial it back a little so that you still can play every drawing that is the main thing to stay in every drawing with at least one ticket.  Good luck!-weshar75

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

It will be 16 years in september that I have been playing the lottery primarily powerball.  I have not won anything more than $100 so I think to help you out.  What you need is a little bit of patience and wait and see what numbers fall your way it takes time to win.  So wait and see if your numbers come up.  Good luck and if you feel like you are spending too much then dial it back a little so that you still can play every drawing that is the main thing to stay in every drawing with at least one ticket.  Good luck!-weshar75

So wait and see if your numbers come up

How can their numbers "come up" if they are playing different numbers on every draw?

CALI
                          Afghanistan
                          Member #118735
                          November 6, 2011
                          134 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2012, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

if I was in my 20's it wouldnt be a thing but as Im nearing 50 well it aint so good

surely aint gonna use millions if im 80, as they say $ can be a good servant, Ive found it to be a cruel Master

Most of us in this group are not broke, some of us make $200 K + a year.

definately would like to help some SOLID charity if we do hit, I will chime in from time to time

Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #76087
                            June 18, 2009
                            859 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

$25,000 down the hole, eh. 

When is it time to quit, or come up with another plan?  Only the conscience knows...

La Maga Della Spaziometria

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10345 Posts
                              Posted: June 1, 2012, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

chopperman8238,

"We have spent about $25,000 dollars on Super/Mega quick picks and have not hit the big one."

(Assuming you're talking Mega Millions)

Of course you haven't. Two drawings a week, 52 weeks in a year, and 12 to 15 jackpots hit in an average year.

"Do the math".

The assumption that playing, and especially playing heavy, will produce a jackpot is "lottery urban legend." 

Sounds like you're going about $231 a drawing. And since June of 2011 of the jackpots hit how many went to a $1 or $2 ticket?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.