Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1 year of playing Quick Picks (should we quit)

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 4 years ago by lottogal35.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19818 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2012, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

chopperman8238,

"We have spent about $25,000 dollars on Super/Mega quick picks and have not hit the big one."

(Assuming you're talking Mega Millions)

Of course you haven't. Two drawings a week, 52 weeks in a year, and 12 to 15 jackpots hit in an average year.

"Do the math".

The assumption that playing, and especially playing heavy, will produce a jackpot is "lottery urban legend." 

Sounds like you're going about $231 a drawing. And since June of 2011 of the jackpots hit how many went to a $1 or $2 ticket?

"Do the math".

The "math" doesn't explain why players win, only why they lose!

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2012, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

One year. One little measly year? You kiddin' me? People play all their lives and don't win anything. The odds,the odds,the odds!

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2012, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

One year. One little measly year? You kiddin' me? People play all their lives and don't win anything. The odds,the odds,the odds!

RIGHT, people don't take the time to be REALISIC (esprcially the CA lefties)

If the Lottery drew 175,000 lines ON EVERY DRAW, it would take 9.6 years to hit all the possible combinations.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10345 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2012, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

"Do the math".

The "math" doesn't explain why players win, only why they lose!

RJOh,

True, and the math also explains why throwing 200 BBs at an 'M-1 Abrams tank' ( a field of 175,000,000) is little different than throwing 1 BB at it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
          Texas
          United States
          Member #92330
          June 5, 2010
          887 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2012, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

It's taken some people (group or not) at least 20 years to win the jackpot. For others it has taken just one draw.

Spending $25,000 a year still doesn't give you a good chance at winning. Even $25,000 in one draw doesn't help much, look at the celebs and diehard groups who spent that much in one draw when we got to the top paying jackpots.

Also if looking at the lottery as an investment, I'd suggest don't. It's not. It's a game with completely random drawn numbers and insanely terrible odds. You'd have better luck putting your money in Facebook.

That said, even if you quit the pool I'd still make sure to at least play individually with one line. When I start feeling a down period a get a multi-draw ticket for the next month. That way if I'm feeling to unlucky to want to go out and get a ticket it's okay because I've already gotten it.

Eugene Oregan
            United States
            Member #128629
            May 29, 2012
            419 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2012, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Well now that you have spent $25,000 on quick picks for a year why not use a good solid system for a year and see the results?  You said some of your members make $200,000 you want results right.  Using a system with a solid wheel implemented will not take alot of time for each draw.  You spend $480 a week $120 per draw per game.  Getting the most out of your $$$$ is the way to win with the lottery.  Why would you want to win on one ticket when you can win on ten or more tickets.  Yes you need to continue but with a more solid foundation.  A system and proven wheels and your weekly $480.  Good luck.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19818 Posts
              Posted: June 2, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Well now that you have spent $25,000 on quick picks for a year why not use a good solid system for a year and see the results?  You said some of your members make $200,000 you want results right.  Using a system with a solid wheel implemented will not take alot of time for each draw.  You spend $480 a week $120 per draw per game.  Getting the most out of your $$$$ is the way to win with the lottery.  Why would you want to win on one ticket when you can win on ten or more tickets.  Yes you need to continue but with a more solid foundation.  A system and proven wheels and your weekly $480.  Good luck.

With a pool, one member probably isn't going to do the extra work of using a system to pick the numbers and making out the play slips when he's paying the same amount toward the cost of the tickets as other members.  Most pool prefer to buy quick picks rather than compensate any member for doing any extra work.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: June 2, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Roughly about 15% of what we have spent, its a bad investment overall, but what the hell...

Lurking

I think that most people don't do better!

Ever tried number crunching?

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  British Columbia
                  Canada
                  Member #116101
                  September 4, 2011
                  4033 Posts
                  Posted: June 2, 2012, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

mite as well QP for another year

what the heck Smash

"You have to be in it to win it!"

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2012, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I started this group in June 2011 and it has gained and lost different players over time. Currently were at 7 players now.

We have spent about $25,000 dollars on Super/Mega quick picks and have not hit the big one. From the financial aspect, it’s about the same as one person dropping a Grand a year for 25 years straight. That’s a Hella-Long time not to nail anything major.

Im wondering if I should stop the group once we hit $30 thousand…

I say DOUBLE DOWN

Show your dedication, your determination, your resolve, tell everyone in the pool your collecting double the funds. And get an additional 7 people. Put all that money on as many QP MM lines as you can get. You could also try playing just the Friday night draw and get 8 times as many lines as your getting now.

Concentrated numbers of lines is the key to winning.

You could also try once a month and get around 4000 lines at one time. 

If you make it a $1000. per month, per player pool and you get 15 players, you are talkin about 15,000 lines once a month.

I would be willing to join myself if you just go ahead and get crazy about it.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2012, 12:10 am - IP Logged

I say DOUBLE DOWN

Show your dedication, your determination, your resolve, tell everyone in the pool your collecting double the funds. And get an additional 7 people. Put all that money on as many QP MM lines as you can get. You could also try playing just the Friday night draw and get 8 times as many lines as your getting now.

Concentrated numbers of lines is the key to winning.

You could also try once a month and get around 4000 lines at one time. 

If you make it a $1000. per month, per player pool and you get 15 players, you are talkin about 15,000 lines once a month.

I would be willing to join myself if you just go ahead and get crazy about it.

Yeah double down the more Quick Picks the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you can do it 50K in a year that is chump change for entertainment.

Party

CALI
                        Afghanistan
                        Member #118735
                        November 6, 2011
                        134 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2012, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Our Ticket Master gets a % of the net win for buying and scanning the Ticks

We only play once a week on Fridays for Super, $200 per month is enough for us if we cant hit buy $30 grand

then I will probably call it quits and say it was a Hella Run

If any 1 wants to join PM me...

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: June 3, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

hang in there for another few years... and instead of just quick picks... try a line or 2 of your own numbers mayhap?

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: June 3, 2012, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Our Ticket Master gets a % of the net win for buying and scanning the Ticks

We only play once a week on Fridays for Super, $200 per month is enough for us if we cant hit buy $30 grand

then I will probably call it quits and say it was a Hella Run

If any 1 wants to join PM me...

$200 a month for people who are making $200k per year?

I would be embarrassed to post here if I were you.

Some of those people spend that on lunch.

We can do $1500. per month.

In a 10 person pool.

12 months.

Im in.

Yes.

We.

Can.

CALI
                              Afghanistan
                              Member #118735
                              November 6, 2011
                              134 Posts
                              Posted: June 3, 2012, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

some people are stateside and dont make that, and BTW $200 K aint <snip> thats slave labor compared to some contracting owners here who gross millions via GSA

our contract stipulates $200 period, it is what it is

If U want in PM me

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.