$32 million Mega Millions ticket claimed in LA area

Jun 18, 2012, 7:00 am (67 comments)

Mega Millions

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The numbers are baffling. The jackpot in the Mega Millions draw on Tuesday, May 29 was huge — $32 million. That money will soon be Cindy Huynh's to enjoy.

Huynh walked into the California Lottery's Santa Ana District Office and submitted her winning ticket. That lucky little slip of paper hit the numbers 2, 14, 29, 53, 55, and the Mega number of 31. The riches are so overwhelming that Huynh said she has barely slept or eaten since realizing that she, and only she, can lay claim to the jackpot prize.

Also stunning, is what Huynh had been doing with her ticket since she purchased it at Aquapuro, which is located at 1151 East Holt Avenue in Pomona (Los Angeles County). Huynh had the slip buried in her purse. She casually carried the bag and ticket around, often setting the purse down, completely unaware of the paper's colossal value. That nonchalant attitude quickly changed the moment she checked the numbers on her Quick Pick ticket. Huynh immediately went into a protective mode. "I hid it. I made a photo copy to show my family members. I hid the original," Huynh explained.

Even though the ticket is now safely out of her hands, she is unable to relax and talk about her future plans. "My mind is kind of blank. I need to calm down first," Huynh said.

She isn't the only one financially impacted by the draw. The retailer, Aquapuro, will receive $160,000 for selling the winning ticket.

A different ticket sold in Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County) matched five numbers. Lottery player Darrell Norris said the $179,442 he won is more than enough to keep him from feeling bad about missing the Mega. "I'm pretty excited for them," Norris said.

May was a tremendous month for California Lottery Players. On May 15, a ticket sold in Los Angeles hit a Mega Millions jackpot worth $25 million and has since been claimed. However, a SuperLotto Plus ticket that hit a $23 million jackpot on Wednesday, May 30 remains unclaimed. That ticket was purchased at Michael's Market & Liquor, which is located at 37935 47th Street East in Palmdale (Los Angeles County). The winning numbers were 14, 7, 26, 31, 23, and Mega 5.

Press Release

Comments

mcginnin56

Sweet!    Banana     Interesting note: Had she been one of these people that only played when the jackpot was huge ($100 million+?), she would have

dashed those winnings, and contined her meager day to day existance.  Roll Eyes

THRIFTY's avatarTHRIFTY

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Jun 18, 2012

Sweet!    Banana     Interesting note: Had she been one of these people that only played when the jackpot was huge ($100 million+?), she would have

I will believe in the lottery when I win the jackpot myself or anybody known by me. The lottery wants you to believe that it is better to play for lower jackpots, since they will not have to pay much for it.

OldSchoolPa's avatarOldSchoolPa

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Jun 18, 2012

I Agree!

NoShame's avatarNoShame

I hope Huynh plans to move or hide or go on a vacation or something...considering that it's L.A. and all.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Congrats to another winner !

I cannot wait to read the story about the Scottdale PA area winner ! They reveal name and town anywho .............

Thumbs Up green with money is the way to go ...........

golfer1960's avatargolfer1960

Yeah, I'm really happy for Ms. Huynh...

sarcasm

I've only been playing for 30yrs for god's sake!

When? When?

brando stella

Dollar419's avatarDollar419

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jun 18, 2012

Yeah, I'm really happy for Ms. Huynh...

sarcasm

I've only been playing for 30yrs for god's sake!

When? When?

brando stella

I Agree!

I certainly agree with you because I've been playing almost the same amount of time!! Confused  To make matters worse, if we found out she won it on a single QP and has been playing less amount time, then the Lottery Fairy has not been fair at all!!Confused

GOOD LUCK IN WINNING THE BIG JACKPOT Party

Nikkicute's avatarNikkicute

Quote: Originally posted by NoShame on Jun 18, 2012

I hope Huynh plans to move or hide or go on a vacation or something...considering that it's L.A. and all.

Why would she need to hide because she lives in L.A. ?

All the glitz and glamour, celebrities, Beverly Hills, who's thinking about a lotto winnerWhat? lol

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Jun 18, 2012

All the glitz and glamour, celebrities, Beverly Hills, who's thinking about a lotto winnerWhat? lol

LOL

haymaker's avatarhaymaker

Quote: Originally posted by Nikkicute on Jun 18, 2012

I Agree!   And no one in orange county will even bat an eye at the 2nd prize winner.

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

$32 million.That money will soon be Cindy Huynh's to enjoy.No,Let's get the facts here.After federal taxes of 20%,it's more like $25.6 million to enjoy.Congrats to Cindy.

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

20% federal tax?I don't think so.More like 25% right off the top and then another 5% at tax time if she doesn't listen to her lawyer and financial advisor.I don't understand why California doesn't tax lottery winnings,especially since the state is broke.Just another one of those things that California does (or doesn't do,in this case) that make you scratch your head,I guess.

maximumfun's avatarmaximumfun

Nice win.  very nice win.

sully16's avatarsully16

Congrats to the lucky lady

Arrowhead's avatarArrowhead

Wonder how long she walked around with the ticket in purse. Can't remain anonymous in Cali? Too bad...

Piaceri

Congrats to the winner! Always like stories like this. White Bounce

Quote: Originally posted by Dollar419 on Jun 18, 2012

I Agree!

I certainly agree with you because I've been playing almost the same amount of time!! Confused  To make matters worse, if we found out she won it on a single QP and has been playing less amount time, then the Lottery Fairy has not been fair at all!!Confused

GOOD LUCK IN WINNING THE BIG JACKPOT Party

Holla Dollar! What more can we do to win "something"?

Yeah, what makes me really jealous is when they say they never played before, played $1.00 and didn't even know how to check the numbers!

What more do I need to do God?

I clean my room, feed the dog, nice to my neighbors and co-workers, love my kid, buy girl scout cookies, don't park in handicap spaces, pay my taxes, hold doors open at the grocery store for the people coming in or out behind me, and pray, pray, pray. 

And still no LUCK!!!

loser

I resemble this guy!!!

ttech10's avatarttech10

Quote: Originally posted by THRIFTY on Jun 18, 2012

I will believe in the lottery when I win the jackpot myself or anybody known by me. The lottery wants you to believe that it is better to play for lower jackpots, since they will not have to pay much for it.

I don't think anyone believes it's better to play for lower jackpots. They do, however, see it as smarter not to put all your eggs in one basket (ie; the larger jackpot instead of the smaller and the larger).

And try telling this lady she was a sucker for playing a "small" jackpot and only winning $18,000,000. And that she should have skipped on buying that QP for that measly draw amount when instead she should be saving up for the $100+ million draws. I'm sure if she could take it all back she would.

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Jun 18, 2012

20% federal tax?I don't think so.More like 25% right off the top and then another 5% at tax time if she doesn't listen to her lawyer and financial advisor.I don't understand why California doesn't tax lottery winnings,especially since the state is broke.Just another one of those things that California does (or doesn't do,in this case) that make you scratch your head,I guess.

I agree with the tax amount, but I think all states that have state income taxes should follow California's example and NOT tax lottery winnings.  If I were elected to Congress or the Presidency, I would introduce legislation or push Congress to exempt lottery winnings from federal taxes. I would more than offset that loss of revenue by legalizing and taxing MJ and other illicit drugs as well as prostitution of all types except underage, of course (minimum age will be same  as legal age of consent). Let lucky people enjoy the full amount of their winnings just like Canadians and Brits.  The war on drugs is a losingproposition that we need to fight by legalizing and taxing just like we did with alcohol. For those who don't know, violence was high due to black market alcohol during Prohibition. Do we still have gangs fighting over alcohol territory? NO, and the same will occur when we legalize all drugs and prostitution. Those who object on moral grounds should note that prostitution is legal in The Netherlands, Canada, parts of UK, and even Singapore and MJ possession is legal in Portugal, The Netherlands, and other places that have not gone to hell with chaos, violence, and corruption.  Yet, it seems corruption reigns supreme in countries that outlaw both.

I think Americans have become cowards hiding behind their moral high horses.  Under my watch, a lottery winner of a $241 million jackpot would be able to enjoy all $241 million, and celebrate by smoking a blunt and getting a legal knob job!  Can I count on your support?

OldSchoolPa's lottery dream!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Jun 19, 2012

I agree with the tax amount, but I think all states that have state income taxes should follow California's example and NOT tax lottery winnings.  If I were elected to Congress or the Presidency, I would introduce legislation or push Congress to exempt lottery winnings from federal taxes. I would more than offset that loss of revenue by legalizing and taxing MJ and other illicit drugs as well as prostitution of all types except underage, of course (minimum age will be same  as legal age of consent). Let lucky people enjoy the full amount of their winnings just like Canadians and Brits.  The war on drugs is a losingproposition that we need to fight by legalizing and taxing just like we did with alcohol. For those who don't know, violence was high due to black market alcohol during Prohibition. Do we still have gangs fighting over alcohol territory? NO, and the same will occur when we legalize all drugs and prostitution. Those who object on moral grounds should note that prostitution is legal in The Netherlands, Canada, parts of UK, and even Singapore and MJ possession is legal in Portugal, The Netherlands, and other places that have not gone to hell with chaos, violence, and corruption.  Yet, it seems corruption reigns supreme in countries that outlaw both.

I think Americans have become cowards hiding behind their moral high horses.  Under my watch, a lottery winner of a $241 million jackpot would be able to enjoy all $241 million, and celebrate by smoking a blunt and getting a legal knob job!  Can I count on your support?

You can count on my support, I have convinced my state of NH to adopt the slogan "Live Free Or Die", and to abolish state tax on any lottery

winnings. The only hurdle left is to legalize all illicit drugs, so that the crack heads of our nation can find refuge, peace and a welcome warm

welcome mat to our prestigious and tolerant state.  Patriot

dallascowboyfan's avatardallascowboyfan

Congratulations to the winner....Thumbs Up

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Jun 19, 2012

First off,I wasn't saying that California SHOULD tax lottery winnings.I was just wondering out loud WHY THEY DON"T tax lottery winnings when their state is BANKRUPT.

Secondly,I don't advocate the legalizing of ALL drugs because I've seen what drugs do to people.Legalizing marijuana is one thing but legalizing other drugs is quite another thing altogether.I don't  and won't lump ALL drugs into the the same catagory as harmless drugs.Marijuana is harmless in its natural form but when it is laced with PCP or other chemicals it becomes dangerous.The trouble is,how do you know what or if the joint you purchase is laced with an illegal substance?People do die (or worse) from ingesting illegal chemicals into their systems everyday.Find a way for people to take meth safely and I might go along with your stupid argument to legalize ALL drugs,but until you can prove to me that a meth user won't flip out because of the crap that he put into his/her body,I will vote to continue making the drug illegal!Anytime that you use drano or other caustic substances to produce a drug you are playing with fire.Anyone who would injest a concoction of battery acid and drano isn't exactly playing with a full deck of cards and really shouldn't be taken seriously in a discussion on the legalizing of drugs.I don't buy into the argument that its their body and they can put what they want into it because they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.There isn't a day that goes by that I don't read where a methhead has flipped out and killed their entire family or some other horriffic crime that was drug related.I know to many people that are addicted to this poison to turn a blind eye to the problem.I know to many people that have gone through "rehab" time after time to no avail.I know to many people who have committed suicide because of this supposedly harmless drug.So don't tell me about legalizing ALL drugs.It's an insane idea.INSANE!

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

They should legalize white lightnin' before anything else.

Not that it matters to me.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

I went into the store to purchase a $1 Mega Millions ticket and saw that they recently sold a winning lottery tickets for $24,000 and $240,000 respectively!

I am hoping that the trend continues!

GREEN WITH MONEY ................ THE WAY TO GO .............. Sun Smiley

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jun 18, 2012

Holla Dollar! What more can we do to win "something"?

Yeah, what makes me really jealous is when they say they never played before, played $1.00 and didn't even know how to check the numbers!

What more do I need to do God?

I clean my room, feed the dog, nice to my neighbors and co-workers, love my kid, buy girl scout cookies, don't park in handicap spaces, pay my taxes, hold doors open at the grocery store for the people coming in or out behind me, and pray, pray, pray. 

And still no LUCK!!!

loser

I resemble this guy!!!

You need to adopt a reverse plan of action Golfer. Just shout out to the lottery Gods, that you really don't give a dam if you should ever win!!!  Let It All Out

Being nice is nice, but trying not holding the door one time for that little old lady, maybe this reverse Karma will help to boomerang your luck.     Lep

ressuccess's avatarressuccess

That's the 2nd straight Mega Millions Jackpot winning ticket sold in California in the year 2012.

Epistrophy's avatarEpistrophy

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Jun 18, 2012

Quite a few states don't tax lottery winnings because they already got their cut of the pie since the predominant amount of lottery revenue goes to the state's education fund, with administrative costs and winning payouts accounting for the rest.

Mind you, just because they already took a slice of pie hasn't always stopped states (or the federal government) from taking some more.  But at least a lot of states do recognize that since they take in the lion's share of lottery money right off the bat, they don't need to double dip.

Here is California, they take out 25% in federal tax withholding for large jackpots, and this $32M win will definitely put the winner in the highest tax bracket (35%) so she will likely have to fork over another 10% at tax time, because at that point even typical deductions like home mortgage interest don't amount to much compared to the jackpot.  It would take a lot to even get a 1% reduction based on deductions, because that is already $3.2M, which is quite a bit of mortgage interest, charitable contribution, etc.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy having the problem of having to pay taxes on $32M.  I'm just saying that the reality is that you'd have to pay almost all of the 35% due from that bracket due to the ratio of deductions to AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) which in this case would be a much larger number than the average bear earns annually.

Just to clean up my mistakes:

I meant "Here in California"

and the 1% would be $320K, which is still a lot for one year's worth of home mortgage interest, etc.

But, again, it wouldn't be a bad problem to have, to have to pay $11.2M in taxes in one year.  Wait, did I just say that?

Let me backtrack and change it to I GUESS that it would feel good to be in position to pay that much tax.  That's one of the reasons that they withhold 25% from the big lotto check.  That way, they have their $8M and only a paltry amount of about $3M would have to be paid later, so it doesn't seem to sting as much while writing that check to the IRS.

topnail's avatartopnail

congrat.............cindy huynh

i guess she is first vietnamese won the JP IN USA

Quote: Originally posted by Arrowhead on Jun 18, 2012

Wonder how long she walked around with the ticket in purse. Can't remain anonymous in Cali? Too bad...

It sounded like she had it in her purse for at least several weeks.

That's why she almost had a conniption when she finally checked it.

Can you imagine?  "Oh Cindy, can I have some scratch paper for my grocery list?  Yeah, the back of this little orange piece of paper should work just fine.  Let's see, milk, bread, eggs..."

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by topnail on Jun 19, 2012

congrat.............cindy huynh

i guess she is first vietnamese won the JP IN USA

Actually,their was a Vietnamese man & his sister that won a share of a Powerball jackpot a few years ago,They live(d) in Nebraska at the time of their win They were in a lottery pool and they and six or seven other people shared the jackpot which was over $300,000,000.

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Jun 19, 2012

Actually,their was a Vietnamese man & his sister that won a share of a Powerball jackpot a few years ago,They live(d) in Nebraska at the time of their win They were in a lottery pool and they and six or seven other people shared the jackpot which was over $300,000,000.

I think i recall that from LCML, was that one of the pool winners from a meat packing plant ?

one winner that worked out, have not heard from them since.

to them a big WTG

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jun 19, 2012

I think i recall that from LCML, was that one of the pool winners from a meat packing plant ?

one winner that worked out, have not heard from them since.

to them a big WTG

Yeah,they worked for a meat packing plant.I think it was the biggest Powerball jackpot in history,at the time.

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Jun 19, 2012

You need to adopt a reverse plan of action Golfer. Just shout out to the lottery Gods, that you really don't give a dam if you should ever win!!!  Let It All Out

Being nice is nice, but trying not holding the door one time for that little old lady, maybe this reverse Karma will help to boomerang your luck.     Lep

I hope you're right mcginnin...

I will try not be nice (sigh)...How long do I try that tactic? It's not really in my nature you know.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jun 19, 2012

I hope you're right mcginnin...

I will try not be nice (sigh)...How long do I try that tactic? It's not really in my nature you know.

Actually not very long at all, just until you hit the jackpot, thereby ending your curse once and for all!   Let It All Out

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Jun 20, 2012

Actually not very long at all, just until you hit the jackpot, thereby ending your curse once and for all!   Let It All Out

10-4 good buddy. Thanks.

BTW, Hooksett looks like a beautiful town, with beautiful homes and reasonably priced too. I'm sure you enjoy life in that city, eh?

Quote: Originally posted by Cletu$2 on Jun 19, 2012

First off,I wasn't saying that California SHOULD tax lottery winnings.I was just wondering out loud WHY THEY DON"T tax lottery winnings when their state is BANKRUPT.

Secondly,I don't advocate the legalizing of ALL drugs because I've seen what drugs do to people.Legalizing marijuana is one thing but legalizing other drugs is quite another thing altogether.I don't  and won't lump ALL drugs into the the same catagory as harmless drugs.Marijuana is harmless in its natural form but when it is laced with PCP or other chemicals it becomes dangerous.The trouble is,how do you know what or if the joint you purchase is laced with an illegal substance?People do die (or worse) from ingesting illegal chemicals into their systems everyday.Find a way for people to take meth safely and I might go along with your stupid argument to legalize ALL drugs,but until you can prove to me that a meth user won't flip out because of the crap that he put into his/her body,I will vote to continue making the drug illegal!Anytime that you use drano or other caustic substances to produce a drug you are playing with fire.Anyone who would injest a concoction of battery acid and drano isn't exactly playing with a full deck of cards and really shouldn't be taken seriously in a discussion on the legalizing of drugs.I don't buy into the argument that its their body and they can put what they want into it because they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.There isn't a day that goes by that I don't read where a methhead has flipped out and killed their entire family or some other horriffic crime that was drug related.I know to many people that are addicted to this poison to turn a blind eye to the problem.I know to many people that have gone through "rehab" time after time to no avail.I know to many people who have committed suicide because of this supposedly harmless drug.So don't tell me about legalizing ALL drugs.It's an insane idea.INSANE!

Cletu$2, you fail to acknowledge that riding a motorcycle without a helmet is legal in many jurisdictions, and we all know the quickest way to meet our Maker is by doing that. Cigarettes are legal, yet they are laced with toxins that are addictive, carcinogenic, and harmful in so many ways. Alcohol is legal and the cause of far more deaths than AIDS, cancer, and all types of illicit drug use. So YOUR point about drugs being illegal to protect the peons that choose to ingest them and the innocents that become victims of users' irresponsible behavior does not hold muster. Why don't you research how crime actually dropped in Portugal, Amsterdam, and even the US afteroverturning Prohibition, and then speak from a position of knowledge vice opinion.  For the really harmful drugs, I would establish taxes and fees that would pay for education and rehab programs.  Just as employers already have minimum non-use times for alcohol consumption, the same could apply for other drug use.  Also, some of the taxes and fees would fund government "safe crack houses" where users could come, pay a nominal entrance fee, and then use their heroine, crack, cocaine, LSD, PCP, ecstasy, and meth.  They would be required to sign a liability release agreement that should their drug use result in irreversible damage or death, their family cannot pursue any lawsuit against the facility or government.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Jun 20, 2012

Cletu$2, you fail to acknowledge that riding a motorcycle without a helmet is legal in many jurisdictions, and we all know the quickest way to meet our Maker is by doing that. Cigarettes are legal, yet they are laced with toxins that are addictive, carcinogenic, and harmful in so many ways. Alcohol is legal and the cause of far more deaths than AIDS, cancer, and all types of illicit drug use. So YOUR point about drugs being illegal to protect the peons that choose to ingest them and the innocents that become victims of users' irresponsible behavior does not hold muster. Why don't you research how crime actually dropped in Portugal, Amsterdam, and even the US afteroverturning Prohibition, and then speak from a position of knowledge vice opinion.  For the really harmful drugs, I would establish taxes and fees that would pay for education and rehab programs.  Just as employers already have minimum non-use times for alcohol consumption, the same could apply for other drug use.  Also, some of the taxes and fees would fund government "safe crack houses" where users could come, pay a nominal entrance fee, and then use their heroine, crack, cocaine, LSD, PCP, ecstasy, and meth.  They would be required to sign a liability release agreement that should their drug use result in irreversible damage or death, their family cannot pursue any lawsuit against the facility or government.

NH is one of the three remaining states where helmet use is not law mandated. Last week we had five motorcycle fatalities, not one driver was

wearing a helmet. Like anything else that may be currently legal, it still comes with a high price to pay.

People will always find a way to get their drug of choice, be it alcohol, pot, crack, cocaine, ecstasy....might as well make it legal to avoid the drug

cartels and violent black market practices.  Hit With Stick

Drugs have been around in many forms for thousands of years, and will continue to be long after we are all pushing daisies.  Dead

Cletu$2's avatarCletu$2

Quote: Originally posted by OldSchoolPa on Jun 20, 2012

What drugs are you on?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jun 20, 2012

10-4 good buddy. Thanks.

BTW, Hooksett looks like a beautiful town, with beautiful homes and reasonably priced too. I'm sure you enjoy life in that city, eh?

Not to shabby a town. (pop. 14,000) Real estate here is at an all time low right now, many bargains to be found.

One thing I enjoy is running into deer, black bears, turkeys and coyotes in the course of my morning runs.

However what I really want to run into, is a jackpot winning ticket, today!   Banana

iamrobbysmith's avatariamrobbysmith

Man what a way to let $32 million dollars walk away.

That's the cool thing about being a guy, we don't carry purses around just wallets.

Women tend to let stuff get buried in there forget about until they do some cleaning.

Not to shabby a town. (pop. 14,000) Real estate here is at an all time low right now, many bargains to be found.

One thing I enjoy is running into deer, black bears, turkeys and coyotes in the course of my morning runs.

However what I really want to run into, is a jackpot winning ticket, today!   Banana

Yes mcginnin, I want you to run into a winning jackpot today too! We need an LP win! Does your state sell MM and PB tickets?

Running into those wild animals during your morning runs sounds scary and dangerous. I love animals but that would make me nervous. My brother in Pasadena used to have the same senario when he'd go running in Altadena, CA. He'd see coyotes and mountain lions.

I love mother nature but where I live i don't see wild animals. I live in a suburb of planned housing developments. We have trees but rarely see anything other than squirrels and ground hogs. In Northwest NJ, they have bears, coyotes and other scary animals.

We have about 12,000 people in my town (Eatontown). It's quiet here. We have a mall and a few sidewalks but if you want action or night life you have to go to Asbury Park, Long Branch, or Red Bank.

Anyway, good luck tonight.

mcginnin56

Yes mcginnin, I want you to run into a winning jackpot today too! We need an LP win! Does your state sell MM and PB tickets?

Running into those wild animals during your morning runs sounds scary and dangerous. I love animals but that would make me nervous. My brother in Pasadena used to have the same senario when he'd go running in Altadena, CA. He'd see coyotes and mountain lions.

I love mother nature but where I live i don't see wild animals. I live in a suburb of planned housing developments. We have trees but rarely see anything other than squirrels and ground hogs. In Northwest NJ, they have bears, coyotes and other scary animals.

We have about 12,000 people in my town (Eatontown). It's quiet here. We have a mall and a few sidewalks but if you want action or night life you have to go to Asbury Park, Long Branch, or Red Bank.

LOL  Our state isn't quite that small or rural.....yeah we got the PB & MM tic's. ( We even have running water and indoor plumbing!).  Naughty

The black bears are pretty much harmless to humans, as well as coyotes. Very, very rare that anyone has even been lunged at by these critters.

Cats, and other small animals are another story however.

Do the squirrels and ground hogs attack your fine citizens of Eatontown?  P***ed

Good luck to you as well Golfer, may one of us end this losing streak 2-nite.  Party

Quote: Originally posted by iamrobbysmith on Jun 20, 2012

Man what a way to let $32 million dollars walk away.

That's the cool thing about being a guy, we don't carry purses around just wallets.

Women tend to let stuff get buried in there forget about until they do some cleaning.

welcome to Lottery Post lamrobbysmith!  and yes, I believe purses brought about the idea behind the discovery of the black-hole.

Quote: Originally posted by Epistrophy on Jun 19, 2012

It sounded like she had it in her purse for at least several weeks.

That's why she almost had a conniption when she finally checked it.

Can you imagine?  "Oh Cindy, can I have some scratch paper for my grocery list?  Yeah, the back of this little orange piece of paper should work just fine.  Let's see, milk, bread, eggs..."

At the track once I ran it to a former co-worker, he had the morning line odds on the ponies,

on the back of a losing lotto ticket, thats all, no DRF, no track program thats it,

and still on 1 race he came very close to winning a trifecta,

only reason for loss was a stewards call on a inquirey.

and to think spent hours the day before studying the DRF.

LOL  Our state isn't quite that small or rural.....yeah we got the PB & MM tic's. ( We even have running water and indoor plumbing!).  Naughty

The black bears are pretty much harmless to humans, as well as coyotes. Very, very rare that anyone has even been lunged at by these critters.

Cats, and other small animals are another story however.

Do the squirrels and ground hogs attack your fine citizens of Eatontown?  P***ed

Good luck to you as well Golfer, may one of us end this losing streak 2-nite.  Party

OMG, LOL!!  I haven't heard of any squirrel or ground hog attacks, yet...but you never know. LOL

attacking squirrel  squirrels

squirrel battles

Down here in the backwater we see al kind of stuff,

even the occasional black bear, but thats rare and causes a stir when it happens.

Never seen a coyote round here, but have heard them,

somewhat suprised you have not seen or heard them.

The coyotes on the east coast are bigger than the ones out west,

reason being they were wiped out in the east, then as time went by the out west ones migrated across canada,

and w/ harsher winters only the hardier ones made it to eastern canada, and then south along the east coast.

then theres the fox, sly little thing, we were surf fishing and the little bugger swiped a blue right off the pickup tailgate when we weren't looking. LOL

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jun 20, 2012

Down here in the backwater we see al kind of stuff,

even the occasional black bear, but thats rare and causes a stir when it happens.

Never seen a coyote round here, but have heard them,

somewhat suprised you have not seen or heard them.

The coyotes on the east coast are bigger than the ones out west,

reason being they were wiped out in the east, then as time went by the out west ones migrated across canada,

and w/ harsher winters only the hardier ones made it to eastern canada, and then south along the east coast.

then theres the fox, sly little thing, we were surf fishing and the little bugger swiped a blue right off the pickup tailgate when we weren't looking. LOL

Hey Maker, Egg Harbor, NJ looks like a beautiful spot. I've never been there but I have been to Atlantic City which is right near there. I think I found a picture of you surf fishing in Egg Harbor: Smile

surf fishing 

Seems to be welcoming as well:

egg harbor

Heymaker, if we see one of these in our city, we'd better git to runnin' fast!

coyote  fox

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by golfer1960 on Jun 21, 2012

Hey Maker, Egg Harbor, NJ looks like a beautiful spot. I've never been there but I have been to Atlantic City which is right near there. I think I found a picture of you surf fishing in Egg Harbor: Smile

surf fishing 

egg harbor

coyote  fox

While on one of my early morning runs a few years back a young (pup) fox (similar to the pictured one on lower right panel of your post).

was following me on this snowy trail for about two miles. Every time I would stop to check him out, he would be there almost smiling at me

like he wanted to play! Cool experience, wish I had brought along a camera.

mcginnin56

OMG, LOL!!  I haven't heard of any squirrel or ground hog attacks, yet...but you never know. LOL

attacking squirrel  squirrels

squirrel battles

Where are you digging up all these pic's!  Green laugh

surf fishing 

egg harbor

coyote  fox

Great pics. as always,

but that one w/ the sign, egg harbor city, well thats actually a different town about 20 miles from me.

The funny part is that town doesn't have a harbor except in the name.

Trying to figure where the fishing pic. is, maybe near the beach where i take my dogs,

if that bridge takes you to ocean city.

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Jun 21, 2012

While on one of my early morning runs a few years back a young (pup) fox (similar to the pictured one on lower right panel of your post).

was following me on this snowy trail for about two miles. Every time I would stop to check him out, he would be there almost smiling at me

like he wanted to play! Cool experience, wish I had brought along a camera.

Wow that is cool. All this time I assumed that a fox would chase you and bite you. I like foxes now! Yes Nod

BTW, I can't even run one mile...Sad

Where are you digging up all these pic's!  Green laugh

I just google "squirrel attacks" and the images come up. I love google.

Quote: Originally posted by haymaker on Jun 21, 2012

Great pics. as always,

but that one w/ the sign, egg harbor city, well thats actually a different town about 20 miles from me.

The funny part is that town doesn't have a harbor except in the name.

Trying to figure where the fishing pic. is, maybe near the beach where i take my dogs,

if that bridge takes you to ocean city.

Oh, I didn't realize they were different cities! And it doesn't have a harbor? (false adverstising, right?) LOL

I was hoping that the fishing picture was the spot you fish at but I'm sure there are many spots to fish in Egg Harbor.

Seems like a nice, beautiful seaside town.

mcginnin56

Wow that is cool. All this time I assumed that a fox would chase you and bite you. I like foxes now! Yes Nod

BTW, I can't even run one mile...Sad

Yeah that fox was getting to be attached to me, would have loved to take him home with me. Not sure what my condo assoc. would have thought

about that.   What?

BTW, walking is just as good for you, I just love to run.  I Have been competing in 5k, 10k, half-marathons, full marathons for years. Good for stress

and mental health as well.

Nice job again with the googling and pic's!  Thumbs Up

Yeah that fox was getting to be attached to me, would have loved to take him home with me. Not sure what my condo assoc. would have thought

about that.   What?

BTW, walking is just as good for you, I just love to run.  I Have been competing in 5k, 10k, half-marathons, full marathons for years. Good for stress

and mental health as well.

Nice job again with the googling and pic's!  Thumbs Up

Wow, you're super fit!! They have a few races like that here along the Jersey Shore, 5K and half marathons. I don't know how you guys do it.

I'm glad you like the photos! I can't always describe it in words, you know.

I wanted to show you the Mall in Eatontown, NJ where I live. It's called the Monmouth Mall (in Monmouth County). It's the biggest thing in town:

monmouth mall mon mall

Celebrities come to our mall sometimes:

jones shirley jones carshirley jones

Entertainment:

entertainment movies

And Great Food!:

food court bobby flay

Oh BTW, Bobby's Burger Palace is owned by Bobby Flay from the Food Network!

So Mcginnin, next time you're in NJ, come on down to Eatontown! Dance

shoot Golfer - I might make a special trip down... love bobby flay!  :)

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Jun 21, 2012

shoot Golfer - I might make a special trip down... love bobby flay!  :)

That would be great maximum! Are you in the Northeast too?

mcginnin56

Wow, you're super fit!! They have a few races like that here along the Jersey Shore, 5K and half marathons. I don't know how you guys do it.

I'm glad you like the photos! I can't always describe it in words, you know.

I wanted to show you the Mall in Eatontown, NJ where I live. It's called the Monmouth Mall (in Monmouth County). It's the biggest thing in town:

monmouth mall mon mall

Celebrities come to our mall sometimes:

jones shirley jones carshirley jones

Entertainment:

entertainment movies

And Great Food!:

food court bobby flay

Oh BTW, Bobby's Burger Palace is owned by Bobby Flay from the Food Network!

So Mcginnin, next time you're in NJ, come on down to Eatontown! Dance

If I should ever be out your way, will definitely check out Eatontown, looks real quaint. Shirley Jones!, she was a real dish in her hey day. I was

a fan of the Partridge Family back in the early 70's. That Burger Palace looks mighty tempting as well! YUM! YUM!

I probably shouldn't speak for Max, but I believe she hails from Rhode Island, the little state that could.....and did!

That would be great maximum! Are you in the Northeast too?

yes sir!  born/bred and living in RI... well... I believe we are under the assumption that we ARE the NE... not just PART of it.  everyone else around us... them's just hang-er-on-ers.  Wink

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Jun 22, 2012

yes sir!  born/bred and living in RI... well... I believe we are under the assumption that we ARE the NE... not just PART of it.  everyone else around us... them's just hang-er-on-ers.  Wink

Little ol' Rhodie is the heart  Lover  of our country. All other states are just pale wanna-bees. I'm working on an "Ode to Rhodie", so many great things

to say, hardly know where to begin. Is there an emoticon for Shocked-Awed-Astonished-Amazed-Grateful-Revered-Respected.  What?

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Jun 22, 2012

Little ol' Rhodie is the heart  Lover  of our country. All other states are just pale wanna-bees. I'm working on an "Ode to Rhodie", so many great things

to say, hardly know where to begin. Is there an emoticon for Shocked-Awed-Astonished-Amazed-Grateful-Revered-Respected.  What?

Hey Max and Mcginnin, I have been to Newport, RI on vacation and it is beautiful.

I was attending the International Tennis Hall of Fame and the ATP tournament as well. It was in July, the weather was beautiful (no rain), the Hall of Fame and the tennis were awesome.

I toured the mansions from the guilded age and they were huge, magnificent. The ships were in for the regatta so we walked down to the piers and took a boat tour.

I love Newport, RI!!!

The Newport Casino and Tennis Club:

tennis hall of fame

The Mansions:

mansions breakers

The Seaports:

bowens port boats in newport

Yeah, I really enjoyed my vacation in Newport. Hopefully, "I'LL BE BACK!" (SWARTZNAGGER). Dance

"Is there an emoticon for Shocked-Awed-Astonished-Amazed-Grateful-Revered-Respected." 

yes:  Pukelol

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by maximumfun on Jun 22, 2012

"Is there an emoticon for Shocked-Awed-Astonished-Amazed-Grateful-Revered-Respected." 

yes:  Pukelol

How could I have over looked? Of course, staring me right in the face this whole time!  Eek

lincolnAbe's avatarlincolnAbe

At some point this love fest will end... right?

Quote: Originally posted by lincolnAbe on Jun 22, 2012

I just watched the 11:00 news. So much hate and bad things going on. Life sucks but LP is good! No offense intended.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by lincolnAbe on Jun 22, 2012

Lovies     No Nod

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story