Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Ever read Stock Market?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 4 years ago by marcie.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3854 Posts
Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, whatever happened to just charging a modest late book return fee?  Now they're breaking kneecaps.

There might even be situations in which you could BS your way out of it even if somebody did walk up during the conversation:

"My librarian loves the Saints Plus Seven"

[passerby looks on quizzically]

"Yeah, that's the new book by Dennis Lehane, I hear it's really good."

ut-oh

you're talking about damageing body parts and mentioning the saints in the same answer,

Is Roger Goodell lurking here ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #112369
    June 17, 2011
    187 Posts
    Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

ut-oh

you're talking about damageing body parts and mentioning the saints in the same answer,

Is Roger Goodell lurking here ?

LOL - "The Saints' Bounty" would be another good name for a novel.

United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3854 Posts
      Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

LOL - "The Saints' Bounty" would be another good name for a novel.

Yea, kinda phony now how their acting like they did't know,

Get real, whenever you see a fight start in a game its because,

"that guy was tryin to take me out"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

San Diego, CA
        United States
        Member #112369
        June 17, 2011
        187 Posts
        Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Yea, kinda phony now how their acting like they did't know,

Get real, whenever you see a fight start in a game its because,

"that guy was tryin to take me out"

I thought it was pretty obvious when Sean Payton had a laptop and printer on the sidelines and was cutting checks after every injury.

"Have you heard about our Frequent Mauler's Program?  Here, let me stamp your card, and after five torn ACL's, you get egg roll."

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

The bookies i knew in the 70s used the horses from a particular race for the #s

Then switched to the state #s to help their credability.

In the 30s they used the last dollar digit of the total daily handle of win, place, and show bets at a local race tracks. The stock exchange and bond numbers were used in cities without daily race tracks. There was a time when the bookies would spin a numbered wheel three times to create the number, but it was done in a closed door back room and was common for them to rig the results.

*sounds eerily familiar to RNG drawings.

Some books may have still used horse racing in the 70s but since not all tracks raced five days a week, and not all cities had year around racing, the bond or stock market numbers were the better option.

I was told by a bookie they switched to the state number to take advantage of the 40% vig. As a competitor, they paid $600 to $1, some gave their players six bets for $5, credit until payday, and some even would payoff in full right after the drawing. Compared to a local convenient store clerk telling a player they can't even cash a 50 box win, it's obvious why lots of players played with a bookie.

United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3854 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

@ Epistrophy

Did'nt see the payton thing or know about the program,

what did they have to do for in and out burger ?

San Diego, CA
              United States
              Member #112369
              June 17, 2011
              187 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah, after forcing three injuries, you get an In n Out Double-Double.

Stack, that's some cool info about how they used to run the numbers.

United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3854 Posts
                Posted: June 21, 2012, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

In the 30s they used the last dollar digit of the total daily handle of win, place, and show bets at a local race tracks. The stock exchange and bond numbers were used in cities without daily race tracks. There was a time when the bookies would spin a numbered wheel three times to create the number, but it was done in a closed door back room and was common for them to rig the results.

*sounds eerily familiar to RNG drawings.

Some books may have still used horse racing in the 70s but since not all tracks raced five days a week, and not all cities had year around racing, the bond or stock market numbers were the better option.

I was told by a bookie they switched to the state number to take advantage of the 40% vig. As a competitor, they paid $600 to $1, some gave their players six bets for $5, credit until payday, and some even would payoff in full right after the drawing. Compared to a local convenient store clerk telling a player they can't even cash a 50 box win, it's obvious why lots of players played with a bookie.

Makes sense to me, i was in the city, did'nt know about the other methods. thanks.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #49980
                  February 21, 2007
                  34126 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2012, 9:01 am - IP Logged

Well honey that works too!!!    Lottery numbers and Horses....

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5118 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2012, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Well honey that works too!!!    Lottery numbers and Horses....

I Agree!PukeHiding Behind ComputerDrumHiding Behind Computer

We must Win

We can>>>Win

We will use honey>money>peanutbutter>Horses>Stocks>Bonds(on D LP)>>>>>>>!!!!!

We ALL need2 >>>>THANK> SUM>PEOPLE>>>>>>>>ND Lottery Systems FORUM!!

(but, Not BIGMOUTH>>>hardHEAD>>>good4^Nothin>BLABERMOUTH>>)

Thanks>RL>4>UR>>PICK3>>software>>THOUGHT umay

Never EVER post freeware AGAIN<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

DanceJack-in-the-BoxDance

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10348 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2012, 11:35 am - IP Logged

haymaker,

It used to be the last three dollar digits of the total mutual handle at a specified racetrack. The tracks rotated to avoid any collussion. AHEM!

The inside last page of the NY Daily News had the number. I remember 8 year old kids going into a candy store, looking at that page, and going. "Aw @!#!". Not a candy store / news stand on the East Coast would survive without booking action.

I'm a junior and was home on leave from the Army when NJ announced the state lottery. The phone rang and I answered it and a "Guido" character thought he was talking to my father and said, "Look "Joe", you play wid us and you get paid hard cold cash right away. If you wanna play with the state that's up to you but don't forget us." I said, "OK, but I think you wanted my father."

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2012, 11:52 am - IP Logged

haymaker,

It used to be the last three dollar digits of the total mutual handle at a specified racetrack. The tracks rotated to avoid any collussion. AHEM!

The inside last page of the NY Daily News had the number. I remember 8 year old kids going into a candy store, looking at that page, and going. "Aw @!#!". Not a candy store / news stand on the East Coast would survive without booking action.

I'm a junior and was home on leave from the Army when NJ announced the state lottery. The phone rang and I answered it and a "Guido" character thought he was talking to my father and said, "Look "Joe", you play wid us and you get paid hard cold cash right away. If you wanna play with the state that's up to you but don't forget us." I said, "OK, but I think you wanted my father."

Green laugh

So the lottery had a hand in killing off the candy store.

funny story, so did your dad remember the Guidos or go w/ the state ?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10348 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2012, 3:35 pm - IP Logged

Usually with the "Outfit".

Where we lived in North Jersey there was a Catholic chucrch that took up just about a city block with the church and the rectory. (It's where the Mob had funerals and my mother always said that whoever sent the biggest boquet where the ones who bumped the dearly departed off, and the biggest boquet was a message.)

Across from the church was a candy store. One day my father goes in and then a priest and a cop come in. So all three of them start leafing through magazines and in a while the priest and the cop leave. The guy who ran the store, Red, is in hysterics. My father plays a number and asks him what's so funny. Red says, "The priest and the cop where both here to do what you just did."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3854 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2012, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Usually with the "Outfit".

Where we lived in North Jersey there was a Catholic chucrch that took up just about a city block with the church and the rectory. (It's where the Mob had funerals and my mother always said that whoever sent the biggest boquet where the ones who bumped the dearly departed off, and the biggest boquet was a message.)

Across from the church was a candy store. One day my father goes in and then a priest and a cop come in. So all three of them start leafing through magazines and in a while the priest and the cop leave. The guy who ran the store, Red, is in hysterics. My father plays a number and asks him what's so funny. Red says, "The priest and the cop where both here to do what you just did."

CT,

Did your church have a 50/50 on sundays ? very much a lottery game,

and and if the candy store was closed on sunday there was no competition for the day.

"the outfit" crackin up.

Another funny story of yours, I bet you have lots of em.

San Diego, CA
                              United States
                              Member #112369
                              June 17, 2011
                              187 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2012, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

haymaker,

Green laugh

What a great story.

And I like how you captured his accent with "wid" - I can just hear him saying those words.

You probably could have said, "OK, but I think you wanted Father McGee" and you still would have been right.