Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

RL's Digit Master Pro - Pick 3 Software

Topic closed. 157 replies. Last post 4 years ago by dragon dreamer.

Page 1 of 11
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5387 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2012, 6:03 am - IP Logged

I figure it would be best to start a new thread for RL's Pick 3 program.

The link at the bottom contains a zip file that includes 3 files.

1. Video explanation on how to use the "Build" program

2. Build Program

3. Pick 3 Program

I also uploaded the video toYoutube if you wish to view it. (see link at the bottom)

Hi guys

Please read before running the program, If you downloaded and installed the first version then run

the uninstall program for that version before you install this one.

Below is the link for the P-3 game and database builder.  The zip file contains the install/setup program

and a video to walk you through building the needed databases.  The video will give you step by step

directions so watch it before you run the setup program.   In this version I added the option to switch 

between the midday and evening drawings and a clear button which will reset all the settings.  It works

very much like the big game software but the interface is a bit dated.  I have the P-4 version finished but

need to test it a little more before I post it which will be sometime after or near the end of my vacation. 

Play on paper at first until you get the hang of it, I am not a pick-3/4 game player but I really think this

program has some potential,  It's best to start with the filters and then move to the digit settings only

if needed and then make a run after each adjustment, never use more than you have to.  You could try

to set the filters values to single values for the low/hi settings which will many times return only one set.

repeat the process changing only a couple values until you reach your playing budget. 

Note! be sure and build both databases before you run the program as it needs both to function

Hope you win big soon,

RL

https://www.box.com/s/d89747152e92fb764679

Youtube Video Link - Pick 3 Build

https://youtu.be/PnEJaMlWL4o

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    3962 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2012, 6:36 am - IP Logged

Hi Steve

I found a small error with the print option and have uploaded a patch for it, This is only needed if

the program does not display the sets when you click the [Print] option.  I have fixed the problem

in the main download but if you downloaded the program before this then you will need to download

and run the patch. 

Patch needed for downloads before 06/22/12 5:30am

https://www.box.com/s/1a395ac5157b2664b37a

This is a very small program and only takes a few seconds to download.

Sorry for the bug.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

United States
      Member #111714
      May 31, 2011
      104 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2012, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

How long does it take to build the database cause mine just saids building database and froze I think?  Also RL you said you need to build both datasebase to function.  What if my state only have the evening drawing?

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3962 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

xaab

Just build one for the midday and one for the evening using the same numbers then just run off the evening

draw. You don't have to keep both updated. 

As far as the hanging problem I am not sure what could cause it.  I suggest that you make sure that the path

you saved the file to is correct.  Check to make sure that the p3.txt file is in the C:\DMP-P3  folder before you

run the build program. 

The P3.txt file is deleted durning the run process so you need to check it before you run build.  The program will

create a new file named either P3-M.TXT or P3-E.TXT depending on which drawing is selected.  Another problem

might be if you are using years of draw history.  The first step in the build process reverses the order of the sets

and puts the most current drawing on the first line.   For large files this could take quite a while to do.  If this is

the case then just wait until it is finished, there is no limit on the number of past draws but I personally would not

use more than a couple years of history.

I sent Steve a copy of the instructions video and he should upload it to youtube sometime today or tomorrow which

will walk you through a setup and show how to use the program.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
          New Mexico
          United States
          Member #86099
          January 29, 2010
          11116 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2012, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

thanks!

Thumbs Up

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #2218
            September 1, 2003
            5387 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2012, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Here is the link to the new Youtube video from RL:

https://youtu.be/Mujp82t3fRs

IMPORTANT: Watch the build video first before installing the Pick 3 program:

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #86099
              January 29, 2010
              11116 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2012, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Here is the link to the new Youtube video from RL:

https://youtu.be/Mujp82t3fRs

IMPORTANT: Watch the build video first before installing the Pick 3 program:

Thanks Steve, interesting program!

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                United States
                Member #4924
                June 3, 2004
                5893 Posts
                Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:59 am - IP Logged

Has anyone did any backtesting? I'm unable to listen to the audio in the video, blew my speakers. Don't understand a lot of the filters. Understand the 0/0's & 1/1's, 2 very good filters. If anyone understands the 0X1-0X5 & 1X1-1X5, please explain.

Belgium
                  Member #128218
                  May 19, 2012
                  96 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2012, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Can I use this software for the Belgian Pick 3 too?

Belgian Pick 3 = 1 draw per day (evening), except on Sundays.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #2218
                    September 1, 2003
                    5387 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2012, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone did any backtesting? I'm unable to listen to the audio in the video, blew my speakers. Don't understand a lot of the filters. Understand the 0/0's & 1/1's, 2 very good filters. If anyone understands the 0X1-0X5 & 1X1-1X5, please explain.

Carbob,

Look at the top line in your screen shot:

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J

1  0  0  1  0  1  1  0  0  0

"0 X 1" = When only 1 zero is between 2 1's.  Example look at D E F, you see below 1  0  1. The zero is between 2 ones'

"0 X 2" = When 2 zeroes fall between 2 1's. Example look at A B C D, you see 2 zeroes 1 0 0 1.

"0 X 3" = When 3 zeroes fall between 2 1's. Example look at G H I J , You see 1 0 0 0. This still counts as a "0 X 3"

"0 X 4" = When 4 zeroes fall between 2 1's.

"0 X 5" = When 5 zeroes fall between 2 1's.

Same idea for "1 X 1" through "1 X 5" except we are counting how many 1's are bewtween zeros.

If you click on the "0 X 1" through "1 X 5" you will see the bias. If you look at the bias history this will show you when they hit.

"T-POS" = Count how many '1''s are under the "A" through "J"

"T-ODD" & "T-EVE" (Total Odd & Total Even) = If you look at A through J they would be represented as follows:

A = 1 (Odd)

B = 2 (Even)

C = 3 (Odd)

D = 4 (Even)

E = 5 (Odd)

F = 6 (Even)

G = 7 (Odd)

H = 8 (Even)

I = 9 (Odd)

J = 0 (Even)

In your screen shot example above look at the zeros & ones on the 1st line under A through J.

Now match only the 1's.

A = 1 (Odd)

D = 1 (Even)

F = 1 (Even)

G = 1 (Odd)

If you click the "T-ODD" you should see the 1st bias value of 2 and if you click "T-EVE" you should see the 1st bias value of 2

The "X"'s above A through J can be set to either "X" Wild, 1 or 0

It looks like you have the older version of the Pick 3 program.

You can Right-Click on the "Find" command to backtest using the most recent drawing. 

You can Left-Click on the "Find" command to generate your sets based on the filters min/max settings.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                      United States
                      Member #4924
                      June 3, 2004
                      5893 Posts
                      Posted: June 24, 2012, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Carbob,

Look at the top line in your screen shot:

"0 X 1" = When only 1 zero is between 2 1's.  Example look at D E F, you see below 1  0  1. The zero is between 2 ones'

"0 X 2" = When 2 zeroes fall between 2 1's. Example look at A B C D, you see 2 zeroes 1 0 0 1.

"0 X 3" = When 3 zeroes fall between 2 1's. Example look at G H I J , You see 1 0 0 0. This still counts as a "0 X 3"

"0 X 4" = When 4 zeroes fall between 2 1's.

"0 X 5" = When 5 zeroes fall between 2 1's.

Same idea for "1 X 1" through "1 X 5" except we are counting how many 1's are bewtween zeros.

If you click on the "0 X 1" through "1 X 5" you will see the bias. If you look at the bias history this will show you when they hit.

"T-POS" = Count how many '1''s are under the "A" through "J"

"T-ODD" & "T-EVE" (Total Odd & Total Even) = If you look at A through J they would be represented as follows:

A = 1 (Odd)

B = 2 (Even)

C = 3 (Odd)

D = 4 (Even)

E = 5 (Odd)

F = 6 (Even)

G = 7 (Odd)

H = 8 (Even)

I = 9 (Odd)

J = 0 (Even)

In your screen shot example above look at the zeros & ones on the 1st line under A through J.

Now match only the 1's.

A = 1 (Odd)

D = 1 (Even)

F = 1 (Even)

G = 1 (Odd)

If you click the "T-ODD" you should see the 1st bias value of 2 and if you click "T-EVE" you should see the 1st bias value of 2

The "X"'s above A through J can be set to either "X" Wild, 1 or 0

It looks like you have the older version of the Pick 3 program.

You can Right-Click on the "Find" command to backtest using the most recent drawing. 

You can Left-Click on the "Find" command to generate your sets based on the filters min/max settings.

Steve, thank you for responding, also got an email from RL, even though he's on vacation. You guys should be nominated for sainthood. This takes sharing and helping to a higher level, appreciate the help from both of you. Maybe someone else can benifit from this.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11116 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2012, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Would you take the average of the 1"s over a course of 5 draws back.  If not, what are you basing how to set the filters?  Does the find go back 5 draws or more?  Wouldn't the bias be set for 4 out of the total from A to J?

Idea

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                          Park City, UT
                          United States
                          Member #69864
                          January 18, 2009
                          993 Posts
                          Posted: June 25, 2012, 12:22 am - IP Logged

I don't get it, what does the following represent?

In other words what does 1001011000 represent.  I'm trying to match it to a draw but there are too many 1's I guess I don't see the association.  I'm mostly a jackpot player and not pick3 so maybe I just don't get it.

Jimmy

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #2218
                            September 1, 2003
                            5387 Posts
                            Posted: June 25, 2012, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Jimmy,

They represent the binary equivalent to the pick 3 numbers dawn.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                              Park City, UT
                              United States
                              Member #69864
                              January 18, 2009
                              993 Posts
                              Posted: June 25, 2012, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Thanks winsum I just figured that out myself also.  For other people 2 to the 10th  is 1024 so it would take 10 bits to represent the numbers from 000 - 999.  Binary is base 2 versus our numbering system of base 10.  It would take 14 bits to represent pick 4 numbers from 0000 thru 9999.  Interesting I would have never thought to represent numbers in binary.  Not sure I see the association for pattern matching but I will go with it for now.  1024 is fairly close to 1000 numbers for pick3 so the representation is close.  For Pick4 the representation of 16384 (14 bits) is quite a bit larger than 10000 so I would think the gaps would be problematic.

Jimmy

Page 1 of 11