Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

50% of the Time a Win

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
Member #91718
May 23, 2010
690 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2012, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

If you could win P3 50% of time would it be worth your time? What's the lowest percentage for a win?

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2012, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely! That's the best game in town.

Play to win!

United States
      Member #91718
      May 23, 2010
      690 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely! That's the best game in town.

What????

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
        Kunming
        China
        Member #57910
        January 23, 2008
        3626 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I just answer the first part of your questions.

Play to win!

United States
          Member #91718
          May 23, 2010
          690 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2012, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I just answer the first part of your questions.

Okay, that explains it.   What's the info you have below your post?

new york
            United States
            Member #125915
            March 31, 2012
            40 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2012, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

If you could win P3 50% of time would it be worth your time? What's the lowest percentage for a win?

well if you played seven days a week and hit 50% of the time 1$ str8 1$ box mid and eve one number it would cost you 4$ a day of 28$ a week if you hit 50% of the time then you would hit at least 3.5 times if all hits were box then you would make 320 $ if you hit str8 then you would hit 1500$ so yes it would be worth it if you hit 50%

United States
              Member #91718
              May 23, 2010
              690 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

well if you played seven days a week and hit 50% of the time 1$ str8 1$ box mid and eve one number it would cost you 4$ a day of 28$ a week if you hit 50% of the time then you would hit at least 3.5 times if all hits were box then you would make 320 $ if you hit str8 then you would hit 1500$ so yes it would be worth it if you hit 50%

Yes, it's worth it to win 50% of the time. The question is now, does anyone win 1/2 half of the time a week.  I think I can win 50% of the time.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2012, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Yes it would be worth my time.

I love the challenge of the game.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                  Winning makes me smile.
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4874 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2012, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

If I could win 7 out of every 14 drawings I would say I cracked the Pick3. But I wouldn't be shouting it from the roof tops either.

And I would not be playing for just $1 straights.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
                    Vancouver BC
                    Canada
                    Member #96078
                    August 22, 2010
                    110 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2012, 1:58 am - IP Logged

You asked a good question.

My backtracks showed me that it's possible to win more than 50% of the time. But my backtracks are fully automated and lack human decision element. So I just started a simulation for my system to see what it can really do. I select numbers to play according to preset criteria which I follow strictly and match predictions with actual numbers. It's a time consuming process as a fair bit of analysis and decision-making is involved with every prediction. And my goal is not only winning but working out a technique that actually allows to make money on consistent (or at least frequent) basis.

So far 4 tries and 4 hits (all box singles). According to my backtracks such streaks are not unusual and probably I just hit one of those. But it's rather unlikely that such a ratio can be sustained. All streaks eventually end. The question is what after and I hope the simulation will help me to figure this out.

It's only a dry run so no actual money is involved. However I do keep stats for monetary computations (wins against cost) to see if the system can produce profits.

I apply strategies outlined in my "7 principles for being successful in Pick 3 lottery", posted on my LP blog. That's the first real trial for this system and I'm curious myself what are the final results going to be. Backtracks are good indicators but cannot substitute for the real thing.

I suggest that before one starts playing any system or method for real they do a dry run as well. Be strict and fair with your evaluation criteria, do not fool yourself by stretching the results to match the expectations. This may cost you dearly when you start playing for real. Rather, err on the strictness side.

Aquarius

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                      Economy class
                      Belgium
                      Member #123700
                      February 27, 2012
                      4035 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2012, 7:38 am - IP Logged

THIS IS THE DUMBEST QUESTION EVER!

Make a balance sheet:

payouts - costs of tickets

Dupe Alert

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2012, 10:59 am - IP Logged

THIS IS THE DUMBEST QUESTION EVER!

Make a balance sheet:

payouts - costs of tickets

Dupe Alert

I Agree!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

My operative questions would be how many tickets per try and are these straights or box hits? Skeptical

Playing 2 lines and winning half the time is very different (and more profitable) than playing 200 lines and winning half the time.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2012, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

You asked a good question.

My backtracks showed me that it's possible to win more than 50% of the time. But my backtracks are fully automated and lack human decision element. So I just started a simulation for my system to see what it can really do. I select numbers to play according to preset criteria which I follow strictly and match predictions with actual numbers. It's a time consuming process as a fair bit of analysis and decision-making is involved with every prediction. And my goal is not only winning but working out a technique that actually allows to make money on consistent (or at least frequent) basis.

So far 4 tries and 4 hits (all box singles). According to my backtracks such streaks are not unusual and probably I just hit one of those. But it's rather unlikely that such a ratio can be sustained. All streaks eventually end. The question is what after and I hope the simulation will help me to figure this out.

It's only a dry run so no actual money is involved. However I do keep stats for monetary computations (wins against cost) to see if the system can produce profits.

I apply strategies outlined in my "7 principles for being successful in Pick 3 lottery", posted on my LP blog. That's the first real trial for this system and I'm curious myself what are the final results going to be. Backtracks are good indicators but cannot substitute for the real thing.

I suggest that before one starts playing any system or method for real they do a dry run as well. Be strict and fair with your evaluation criteria, do not fool yourself by stretching the results to match the expectations. This may cost you dearly when you start playing for real. Rather, err on the strictness side.

Aquarius

great post..  good blog...

United States
                              Member #91718
                              May 23, 2010
                              690 Posts
                              Posted: July 1, 2012, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

To me, there is not a such of thang as a dumb post or question. If we start calling things dumb, it can get really ugly in here, so please do not try me because I have a really smart mouth.

If winning 50% of the time, it really depends on how much/how often you pay to play if it's worth it.  Even if you win consistently, you will still show a loss no matter what. 

If you are winning consistently, it will require you to have the discipline to stop when you are ahead or otherwise, your winning probabilities will always be less than 50%.