Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

50% of the Time a Win

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 4 years ago by tntea.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19826 Posts
Posted: July 1, 2012, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

If you could win P3 50% of time would it be worth your time? What's the lowest percentage for a win?

You can win 100% of the time by playing all 230 possible box combinations, but is it worth the cost?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
    Vancouver BC
    Canada
    Member #96078
    August 22, 2010
    110 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2012, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I play 8 numbers wheeled for box singles or doubles. Each requires 56 tickets (lines). For box singles it's max as if you try to wheel 9 numbers the cost will always be greater than the win so no point in playing that. For box doubles you can wheel both 9 (72 combinations) and even all 10 numbers (90 combinations) and make money in case of win. I usually stick to 8 numbers for doubles as chances of winning (if doubles hit) are in 70-90% range.

Aquarius

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2012, 8:41 am - IP Logged

I play 8 numbers wheeled for box singles or doubles. Each requires 56 tickets (lines). For box singles it's max as if you try to wheel 9 numbers the cost will always be greater than the win so no point in playing that. For box doubles you can wheel both 9 (72 combinations) and even all 10 numbers (90 combinations) and make money in case of win. I usually stick to 8 numbers for doubles as chances of winning (if doubles hit) are in 70-90% range.

Aquarius

are you playing online.?

I am not understanding how you could profit from wheeling the 10 numbers..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Scott311's avatar - 311 logo01.jpg
        N.C.
        United States
        Member #59229
        March 9, 2008
        327 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

are you playing online.?

Good question, I too am curious!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
          Winning makes me smile.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4870 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2012, 10:00 am - IP Logged

are you playing online.?

If you wheel 10 numbers for box doubles, you get 90 combinations. Cost $90. Payout on $1 box win is $160.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
            Vancouver BC
            Canada
            Member #96078
            August 22, 2010
            110 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2012, 1:48 am - IP Logged

If you wheel 10 numbers for box doubles, you get 90 combinations. Cost $90. Payout on $1 box win is $160.

You are right, and that's what I meant - your profit is $70. If you can predict doubles with any degree of accuracy you can win every time. The problem is that statistically doubles are only 27% of all draws, roughly 1 in 4. Odds are against you. But there is a partial solution. Doubles often come in streaks of at least 2 and often more (personally I saw 4 in a row for doubles on several occasions, and somebody reported on LP 6 in a row - a paradise. Because if you want to make money in Pick 3 you have to hunt doubles. Particularly that this trick does not work for box singles. The max you can wheel for profit is only 8, otherwise the wheel will always be bigger than your profit.

So, what's the conclusion? Instead of concentrating on picking this one-and-only dream 3-number winning combination using whatever-comes-to-mind prediction method concentrate on monitoring patterns between singles and doubles. When you see a streak either in singles or doubles hit it hard. That's what I'm doing in my simulation. So far 4 plays and 4 wins, all box singles with 8 numbers wheeled for 56 combos. I hit a streak (for singles) and I'm playing it to its limits - because it's going to end any moment. Then I will start looking for another one. And that's the only way to not only win 50% of the time  or more but actually make money in Pick 3 - if not all the time, at least frequently. My backtracks told me that and now I'm checking in real-life simulation if they are correct.

Aquarius

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2012, 9:14 am - IP Logged

thanks for sharing..

Cupcake had mentioned in another post that she only had to look at a number and within a few minutes know what numbers will fall.

I wasn't sure how she used this with the 50% of a time win.   If she only won 50% of the time, or took the time to look for a few minutes 50% of the time.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44