Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just heard Lottery Preys on the Poor

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2012, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Most of the people I know play P3 and P4.  They don't seem to win that often.  The P3/P4 can take your money just like any other game.  In fact, can take it faster.  I used to play about 300 bucks a month but I have cut that amount to about 40 or less per month.  Most of the time if I can get by I will play about 4 numbers.  I box them so If I don't win..it doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is that it seems as if the numbers are being controlled..controlled winning.  I have seen many patterns that I have not seen before.  I am just doing more observing now and a lot less playing.

After quitting online games, I stopped p3'p4 for over a year.  Since starting back , I focus more on pick 4.  I am still ahead of the game with the money won in May and the little won in June.  For 50cent bet box, the pick 4 pays so much more.  I am watching the p3 however, I am only playing one or two of those a draw. Right now I am focused on 689 and 0795, 1675, and 4938.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2012, 8:45 am - IP Logged

After quitting online games, I stopped p3'p4 for over a year.  Since starting back , I focus more on pick 4.  I am still ahead of the game with the money won in May and the little won in June.  For 50cent bet box, the pick 4 pays so much more.  I am watching the p3 however, I am only playing one or two of those a draw. Right now I am focused on 689 and 0795, 1675, and 4938.

Are those P4 numbers your focused on, just specific for your home state?

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7313 Posts
      Posted: July 2, 2012, 10:42 am - IP Logged

How true is this... I just heard on the news how the lottery preys on the poor and it would be good to ban the lottery in TX. Why is it that the poor spends more money on the lottery than the rich. I guess the poor is looking for the one big win... even if it's small and they will spend every penny then have to win something. I think if you are poor it would be best to save your money and not spend a penny on the lottery.

Anyone can make a study and then anyone can use that study to reach any conclusion they choose and that's exactly what they did in Texas. This study showed low income people (under $20,000 a year) played pick-3 and scratch-off games three times more than a like number of people with higher incomes. Since the study was done in a predominately low income black area, the local chapter of the NAACP got involved and demanded the lottery be shut down.

It's probably a fact per capita, low income lottery players spend a higher percentage of their earnings, but it doesn't prove they are spending broke. The same people that are saying the lottery preys on low income players, would say the same players are being discriminated against if the lottery raised the pick-3 minimum bet of 50 cents to a dollar.

"I think if you are poor it would be best to save your money and not spend a penny on the lottery."

What's your advice to the middle income people that spend more than their monthly income for a house, cars, etc. using credit cards?

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
        Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4874 Posts
        Posted: July 2, 2012, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Just curious, do you find it easier to hit the pick3 or pick4?

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          Santa Ana
          United States
          Member #71159
          February 20, 2009
          651 Posts
          Posted: July 2, 2012, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Most of the people I know play P3 and P4.  They don't seem to win that often.  The P3/P4 can take your money just like any other game.  In fact, can take it faster.  I used to play about 300 bucks a month but I have cut that amount to about 40 or less per month.  Most of the time if I can get by I will play about 4 numbers.  I box them so If I don't win..it doesn't bother me.  What does bother me is that it seems as if the numbers are being controlled..controlled winning.  I have seen many patterns that I have not seen before.  I am just doing more observing now and a lot less playing.

I am in total agreement with you Littleoldlady--it seems lately it is getting very hard to win the P3/P4 games in CA--I also cut down on the amount I've been playing lately because it is getting so hard to win the large jackpots. I box my numbers on P4 to try to win a little something but I haven't been successful so far.   For example, I've played 152/Straight-P3 Mid-Day & Evening for over two years and it has yet to hit. It is so obvious that they are now controlling on how the numbers are generated.  On the tickets they print  "Keep it fun, play responsible" but are they allowing us to win responsible...HECK NO!!Mad 

GOOD LUCK IN WINNING BIGDance

Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
            Member #91718
            May 23, 2010
            690 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2012, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Anyone can make a study and then anyone can use that study to reach any conclusion they choose and that's exactly what they did in Texas. This study showed low income people (under $20,000 a year) played pick-3 and scratch-off games three times more than a like number of people with higher incomes. Since the study was done in a predominately low income black area, the local chapter of the NAACP got involved and demanded the lottery be shut down.

It's probably a fact per capita, low income lottery players spend a higher percentage of their earnings, but it doesn't prove they are spending broke. The same people that are saying the lottery preys on low income players, would say the same players are being discriminated against if the lottery raised the pick-3 minimum bet of 50 cents to a dollar.

"I think if you are poor it would be best to save your money and not spend a penny on the lottery."

What's your advice to the middle income people that spend more than their monthly income for a house, cars, etc. using credit cards?

My advice for the middle class is to learn to manage their money and stay withing their means of income.  If you don't have the funds to pay, do not charge it.

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2012, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Just curious, do you find it easier to hit the pick3 or pick4?

The are about the same I guess.

If I lived in say GA I would win more with Pick 3.  (using the vtracs lessons)

TN must have discovered those...lol

If I play box.. I want it to be pick 4..  If I play straight, I want it to be Pick 3.

I don't want to go to Nashville to Collect... UNLESS:  it is the BIG one.. mm or pb

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
                Member #71120
                February 19, 2009
                1209 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2012, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Tntea you know how crooked they are,you must live close to my area.Cheryl in Murfreesboro.glad to meet you.

kings mountain
                  United States
                  Member #118667
                  November 5, 2011
                  208 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2012, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I am in total agreement with you Littleoldlady--it seems lately it is getting very hard to win the P3/P4 games in CA--I also cut down on the amount I've been playing lately because it is getting so hard to win the large jackpots. I box my numbers on P4 to try to win a little something but I haven't been successful so far.   For example, I've played 152/Straight-P3 Mid-Day & Evening for over two years and it has yet to hit. It is so obvious that they are now controlling on how the numbers are generated.  On the tickets they print  "Keep it fun, play responsible" but are they allowing us to win responsible...HECK NO!!Mad 

GOOD LUCK IN WINNING BIGDance

there are  some pick 3 combos that have never been drawn in nc and some that have been drawn 5, 6, 7 times in a year in nc. is the pick 3 and pick 4 lottery controlled?? imo, yes, yes and...of course, yes!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19828 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2012, 11:37 am - IP Logged

How true is this... I just heard on the news how the lottery preys on the poor and it would be good to ban the lottery in TX. Why is it that the poor spends more money on the lottery than the rich. I guess the poor is looking for the one big win... even if it's small and they will spend every penny then have to win something. I think if you are poor it would be best to save your money and not spend a penny on the lottery.

Why is it that the poor spends more money on the lottery than the rich. 

It's not that the poor spend more money on lotteries than the rich, it's that a dollar accounts for a bigger percent of their income than the rich.  That's true for everything the poor buys, even food.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Tntea you know how crooked they are,you must live close to my area.Cheryl in Murfreesboro.glad to meet you.

Nice to meet you Cheryl...

TN had another repeat in pick4 for this week...

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1649 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2012, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Thr lottery preys on everyone looking for a small chance at hitting it big against high odds of losing frequently...if they don't understand what they're doing. Wealthy and/or well off people lose on the lottery as well...it doesn't discriminate at all. What separates the two is how well they apply their knowledge, stategies, monies, and patience towards these games. It requires the right balance of all these to be successful at winning...at least with the Pick 3/4 games. No one, be it rich or poor, can master the larger games with skill or money because there are too many numbers involved. The same goes for scratch-offs...it's pretty much hit or miss.

I've always said that Pick 3/4 are games that can be "controlled" due to the overall number count and this is accomplished through the right combinations and patience. If a player is utilizing other resoueces, which greatly improves their odds of winning every day, then the patience factor can be replaced with available opportunities through a constant factor. I've trained players to only play based on like factors so that when the change occurs, the win is automatically there...no guesswork involved. Resources make it very, very easy to win every single day on Pick 3/4 and I work with people that do it daily. A good friend of mine withdraws $500-$1000 every week. This is above and beyond what they start with every week...all profit paid by the house.

The lottery games are designed to make and generate money no matter what class of person is playing. The odds dictate this factoid. It's up to the player to figure out the best and most economical strategy of playing to win money back from the lottery at some point. There are lots of very successful players that win money and aren't in the red while others simply donate everytime they go to play. There will always be more losers than winners...or else they won't be able to pay the winners. It's hard, but it's fair and truth. It's also why I changed my thinking and done a complete about face concerning the lottery. I quit donating years ago.

L.L.

Elgin, IL
                          United States
                          Member #93542
                          July 2, 2010
                          318 Posts
                          Posted: July 9, 2012, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

People from all backgrounds play the lottery, but winning is more of a thrill/dream to non rich people than is to rich people.  "Even if it's small and they will spend every penny then have to win something." What the hell does that even mean? Speak english.  Most humans love money and maybe in a perfect world everyone would be rich, but this world is not perfect is it? I don't believe one should spend all their money on lotteries, but there's nothing wrong with playing the lottery. Most of us will never win MM or PB(Sorry, it's the truth) but there's nothing wrong with taking a chance because someone has to win. If no one won at all, then no one would play. There would be no reason to play.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2012, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Thr lottery preys on everyone looking for a small chance at hitting it big against high odds of losing frequently...if they don't understand what they're doing. Wealthy and/or well off people lose on the lottery as well...it doesn't discriminate at all. What separates the two is how well they apply their knowledge, stategies, monies, and patience towards these games. It requires the right balance of all these to be successful at winning...at least with the Pick 3/4 games. No one, be it rich or poor, can master the larger games with skill or money because there are too many numbers involved. The same goes for scratch-offs...it's pretty much hit or miss.

I've always said that Pick 3/4 are games that can be "controlled" due to the overall number count and this is accomplished through the right combinations and patience. If a player is utilizing other resoueces, which greatly improves their odds of winning every day, then the patience factor can be replaced with available opportunities through a constant factor. I've trained players to only play based on like factors so that when the change occurs, the win is automatically there...no guesswork involved. Resources make it very, very easy to win every single day on Pick 3/4 and I work with people that do it daily. A good friend of mine withdraws $500-$1000 every week. This is above and beyond what they start with every week...all profit paid by the house.

The lottery games are designed to make and generate money no matter what class of person is playing. The odds dictate this factoid. It's up to the player to figure out the best and most economical strategy of playing to win money back from the lottery at some point. There are lots of very successful players that win money and aren't in the red while others simply donate everytime they go to play. There will always be more losers than winners...or else they won't be able to pay the winners. It's hard, but it's fair and truth. It's also why I changed my thinking and done a complete about face concerning the lottery. I quit donating years ago.

L.L.

Thumbs Up Well put!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Be careful now, Cuz.

Or Rebecca will send those black helicopters over your house.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke