Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do tickets bought for consecutive drawings ever win the top two prizes, in Mega Millions or Powerbal

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
vms2day's avatar - side smile.jpg

United States
Member #129880
June 30, 2012
2 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2012, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

How do I find out if tickets bought for consecutive drawings ever win either of the top two prizes in Mega Millions or Powerball?

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

How do I find out if tickets bought for consecutive drawings ever win either of the top two prizes in Mega Millions or Powerball?

Check your newspaper, TV, state lottery website, lotto retailer, LP, ask your spouse, girl friend, boyfriend, uncle, aunt, cousin, nephew, niece

parents, siblings, daughter, son, son in-law, daughter in-law, boss, friend, neighbor, congressman, senator, Governor, Secretary of State, Secretary

of Defense, Secretary of Commerce, Secretary of Labor, President of the United States, face book, twitter, your local lottery office, Powerball and

MegaMillions website, or if all else fails ask your dog or pet turkey.  Turkey

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2012, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

mc is right, the information is available in 1000 places.

Of course its hard to answer a question when the person doesn't stick around to explain what it is they are talking about because if they are saying does a combination hit twice in a row that would be a question for RL to readily answer with his wealth of historical knowledge he gets from USA MEGA and most likely the same numbers have NEVER come up twice much less in two consecutive drawings but as I said RJ can tell you ALL THINGS historical lottery if you don't have the ability to speak to your lotto retailer, LP,  your spouse, girl friend, boyfriend, uncle, aunt, cousin, nephew, niece, parents, siblings, daughter, son, son in-law, daughter in-law, boss, friend, neighbor, congressman, senator, Governor, Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of Commerce, Secretary of Labor, President of the United States, face book, twitter, your local lottery office, Powerball and Mega Millions website

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2012, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

BedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBed

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2012, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

BedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBed

Sleep    Yawn    Sleep    Yawn     Sleep     Yawn     Sleep     Yawn      Sleep     Yawn     Sleep    Yawn     Sleep    Yawn    Sleep    Yawn     Sleep    Yawn     Sleep

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2012, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Sleep    Yawn    Sleep    Yawn     Sleep     Yawn     Sleep     Yawn      Sleep     Yawn     Sleep    Yawn     Sleep    Yawn    Sleep    Yawn     Sleep    Yawn     Sleep

BedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBed

CheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheers

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2012, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

BedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBedBed

CheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheersSad CheersCheers

Whoa!!!  All these emoticons are making me dizzy.....losing balance......seeing stars......Star......eyes getting heavy, heavier............Thud

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2012, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

You could sent such a question to the lottery website, they have spoke persons who will try to answer your questions but there's a lot of information that's just not interesting to them to be worth tracking.  It's kinda like when a child asks "why is the sky blue?".  There is a answer but most people just don't care and couldn't or wouldn't try to answer the question if asked.

As to the answer to your question, there are many stories about players who have bought certain combinations for consecutive drawings for years until they finally hit a jackpot.  As far a the same combination coming up in consecutive drawings, that has never happened in a jackpot game.  In pick5 and lower prize games, combinations do occasionally repeat but not consecutive. 

If this kind of information interest you, just do some searches of old news articles posted here.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                  Northern Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #83350
                  December 5, 2009
                  1317 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2012, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Israel drew the exact same numbers twice in one month:

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/222134?q=israel

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #92330
                    June 5, 2010
                    887 Posts
                    Posted: June 30, 2012, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Is this asking about multi-draw tickets winning one of the top two prizes? It likely has, though I am unsure of the possibility of anyone finding exactly what drawing it happened in. The chances of it happening are most probably lower than any other ticket winning the same amount due to less people playing multi-draws.

vms2day's avatar - side smile.jpg

United States
                      Member #129880
                      June 30, 2012
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: June 30, 2012, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, ttech10, yes, that's what I was asking.  I had done a search but didn't come up with anything. 

Thanks for your nice reply.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                        Lavender Rocket

United States
                        Member #124616
                        March 16, 2012
                        2642 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

Israel drew the exact same numbers twice in one month:

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/222134?q=israel

very nice post!  i enjoy seeing that kind of cooincidence!

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                          nc
                          United States
                          Member #99520
                          October 26, 2010
                          375 Posts
                          Posted: July 24, 2012, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Yes, there was a store owner many years ago that won using a multi draw ticket.   If you go back through the news story histories, you can find the story.  Good luck in your draws!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                            MD
                            United States
                            Member #1701
                            June 18, 2003
                            8363 Posts
                            Posted: July 24, 2012, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Do tickets bought for consecutive drawings ever win the top two prizes

Yes i believe it was powerball a guy bought tickets for a huge pot with advance plays and someone hit that drawing and he won the next drawing for the low money pot.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                              ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: July 25, 2012, 2:42 am - IP Logged

If I ever win this is the way it will be, with a multi-draw ticket.

I don't think it will happen this week though as 4 of the numbers I have are 22-23-24-28. I usually don't check my numbers until Saturday, but I had a dream that led me to wanting to check them this time.