Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you do?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 4 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
pavizlo$'s avatar - binary
OKC, OK
United States
Member #120575
December 22, 2011
820 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2012, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey LP members, for the past weeks i've been cashing out about 3-4 times a week thanks to some pick3 threads here

in LP site. I cash my tickets all the time at the same store; the cashier start looking at me suspicious due to frequency

of my winning. Should i change the store where i cash my tickets? What would you do?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2012, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Hey LP members, for the past weeks i've been cashing out about 3-4 times a week thanks to some pick3 threads here

in LP site. I cash my tickets all the time at the same store; the cashier start looking at me suspicious due to frequency

of my winning. Should i change the store where i cash my tickets? What would you do?

I play Jackpot games so I don't have that unique problem that you seem to be having. I would think mc will be around soon to tell you how to handle the problem of DAILY heading out to cash in pick 3 tickets.

It seems if you buy all those tickets at that location they would not be surprised to see you back to cash in and buy more tickets.

If they don't smile and greet you by name you may need a more customer friendly location. Thats the main reason I go to QT, that and the clean accessible restrooms. lol. lol.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
      Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2012, 12:09 am - IP Logged

what would I do... well after celebrating all my successes... I would start shopping around for a new store... just like Ronnie suggested!  one that said "ma'am" and smiled at me for giving them business!

pavizlo$'s avatar - binary
        OKC, OK
        United States
        Member #120575
        December 22, 2011
        820 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2012, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks Ronnie and Maximumfun for your advices

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
          Norfolk , Va
          United States
          Member #4541
          May 2, 2004
          25098 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2012, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I'd say thank you and I'll be back later or tomorrow .   If you are cashing multiple tickets , I'd go to several different stores to cash them, 1 in each store .

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2012, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Thanks Ronnie and Maximumfun for your advices

Your welcome, merchants who are not friendly should find a different job.

But if that is the most convenient store, don't let them run you off.

Try taking the initiative by smiling and asking "what is your name"

Sometimes people need someone to show an interest and give a smile.

Try it and let us know what happens. 

a562soldier's avatar - a562soldier
              CA
              United States
              Member #122452
              January 31, 2012
              348 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2012, 12:47 am - IP Logged

I had the same poblem with two local stores; one being a 7-eleven. It got to the point were I was told the machines were down all the time. I solved the problem by playing online now.

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2012, 2:31 am - IP Logged

Instead of changing stores, change the cashiers attitude. Next time you confront her/him flash a broad smile and ask how their day is going!   Big Smile

When receiving the cash, mention your thanks for this being such a lucky store. Sometimes clerks are just having a bad day, like any one of us.  Embarassed

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2012, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Instead of changing stores, change the cashiers attitude. Next time you confront her/him flash a broad smile and ask how their day is going!   Big Smile

When receiving the cash, mention your thanks for this being such a lucky store. Sometimes clerks are just having a bad day, like any one of us.  Embarassed

Good advice mcg...seems you know how to win friends and influence strangers...Wink

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                    Kunming
                    China
                    Member #57910
                    January 23, 2008
                    3626 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2012, 3:46 am - IP Logged

There is a really simple 'solution'. If you go to this place most of the time you probably have a repore. Why not say 'hey, I have a good feeling about this/these numbers' (of course do this after you play first) why don't you give it a try? Do this especially if you are only playing a few numbers. They would feel like you are trying to share your wealth without having to really give them anything other than the number that 'might' come out. This might go a long way especially if you want to cash multiple winners.

Play to win!

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                      San Diego, CA
                      United States
                      Member #112369
                      June 17, 2011
                      187 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2012, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Pavizlo$,

I had something similar happen a couple of times.  I described one of those times in a thread here about being called a bum by the clerk for buying lottery tickets.

The other time was closer to what you're describing.  I was cashing in about a half dozen CA Fantasy Five tickets for replays (which you get when you hit 2 out of 5) and the clerk said (with the highest possible level of suspicion in tone of voice) to me, "These are all from the same day!" as if it were a capital crime (or capitol crime if I had been in Sacramento) to buy more than one lottery ticket.

Since there are billions and billions of lottery retailers here in SoCal, I just decided to not go back there again, but McGinn's suggestion of disarming them with a smile and good-natured conversation sounds like a great plan for at least testing the waters.

If that doesn't work, then you should go Michael Douglas in "Falling Down" on the place and just destroy every shelf in the store with a baseball bat while talking about how they are doing a disservice to the community. 

Just kidding, but good luck in your lotto endeavors, and please let us know how it turned out with this particular retailer.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40511 Posts
                        Posted: July 9, 2012, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Plain and simple, thank the people who helped, and enjoy your winnings.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2012, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I'll usually end up at different stores and when I come across a cashier that acts negative towards me or the lottery I'll simply stop going to that store. There's stores that may be a little out of the way but I'll go because the cashier has a good attitude.

I figure, if there's someone I want associated with my win I want it to be one that treated me well (since I always picture them getting a little bonus for having sold the winning ticket). This is why I tend to go to small corner markets since the one selling is usually the owner, so I know a win will be beneficial to them. There's one small market I try going to and the same guy is there every time (night or day, midweek or weekend) and he treats me well, so I wouldn't mind if I ever won at his store. Those owner ran shops also seem to value lottery players more since the more you spend the more they get, unlike employees at 7-11 and others.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                            u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106665
                            February 22, 2011
                            19843 Posts
                            Posted: July 10, 2012, 5:04 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Change stores sometimes

1. if you don't need the money right away, you have plenty of time to cash them in at a later date, but most def change stores from time to time and maybe weekends wait until there is a different shift change.Yes Nod

2. but all and all there is nothing anyone can really do to you and if your tickets are under 600.00 you can stand there all day long and cash them in as long as they have the money to cash them all.

3.  sounds like it is frecking you out , stay clam Green laugh

4. you are a Winner!! do the BigdsingBananaBananaBanana

Congrats! on all ur wins Lovies

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: July 10, 2012, 10:46 am - IP Logged

Being a disgruntled shop owner is a right, not a privilege. They can be as mean and unpleasant as they choose to be. They can also refuse service to anyone at anytime for any reason.