Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm tired of hitting three MM numbers

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7302 Posts
Posted: July 30, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Well I'm done with MM now for a few draws, gonna try my luck with PB. It's been a while since I've tried PB.

It really doesn't matter which game we play because the odds against winning the jackpot are about the same. For secondary prizes like matching 3 + 0 or 4 + 0, playing MM using Megaplier option is a much better bet because the odds against hitting are lower and the prizes are considerably higher. The odds of matching 5 + 0 are lower on MM and for the same $2 bet the playoff is the same. But if you're not matching enough MM numbers, the odds against and playoff are irrelevant.

I don't play either game very often but when I do I use QPs so I'll never know how "my numbers" did in the other game.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: July 30, 2012, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I keep track of my expenses and I play MM/PB.  Within this month, I've hit three numbers on MM (three times) with the largest being $28.  That drawing (7/10) I hit $28 because I played the megaplier which was 4.  Looking forward to hitting four and five numbers, it's just a matter of time.

I can understand your frustrations if you're matching the odds of matching 3 in PB of 1:360 or in MM of 1:306 by buying as many tickets but if you're doing it by only buying a few tickets for each drawing then you're doing better than most.  You said you kept track of your expenses but you never mentioned them.

Those posted odds are just to tell you how hard it is to win a prize not to suggest the number of tickets you should buy to win one.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: July 30, 2012, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

It really doesn't matter which game we play because the odds against winning the jackpot are about the same. For secondary prizes like matching 3 + 0 or 4 + 0, playing MM using Megaplier option is a much better bet because the odds against hitting are lower and the prizes are considerably higher. The odds of matching 5 + 0 are lower on MM and for the same $2 bet the playoff is the same. But if you're not matching enough MM numbers, the odds against and playoff are irrelevant.

I don't play either game very often but when I do I use QPs so I'll never know how "my numbers" did in the other game.

I play "my numbers" in both games Stack, that way I don't have to be concerned about having them hit in one or the other......... I'm covered. It does require a bit of an investment each month when I renew my playing card but its a price I'm willing to pay.

In the long run I think I actually spend A LOT LESS money this way because I'm not longer playing based on IMPULSE but rather having 2 lines consistently in play on both games.

I have taken "gambling" out of the equation and no long get the rush of excitement by playing "these" numbers and "those" numbers and watching and waiting to see if I hit...........

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
        Columbus, Ohio
        United States
        Member #128906
        June 5, 2012
        591 Posts
        Posted: July 30, 2012, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I can understand your frustrations if you're matching the odds of matching 3 in PB of 1:360 or in MM of 1:306 by buying as many tickets but if you're doing it by only buying a few tickets for each drawing then you're doing better than most.  You said you kept track of your expenses but you never mentioned them.

Those posted odds are just to tell you how hard it is to win a prize not to suggest the number of tickets you should buy to win one.

So far this month (not counting tomorrow) its been interesting.  I've also learned a valuable lesson and thats to play the multiplier on every ticket. 

Won $63

Expenses $74

Profit - $11

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: July 30, 2012, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

So far this month (not counting tomorrow) its been interesting.  I've also learned a valuable lesson and thats to play the multiplier on every ticket. 

Won $63

Expenses $74

Profit - $11

Wow, negative $11. That's quite a handsome profit.

Multiplier is a losers bet.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: July 30, 2012, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Wow, negative $11. That's quite a handsome profit.

Multiplier is a losers bet.

To many players to lose only $11, is almost like making a profit. Banana

I'm sure there must be a metaphorical message there somewhere, if we can read between the lines.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5118 Posts
              Posted: July 30, 2012, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I keep track of my expenses and I play MM/PB.  Within this month, I've hit three numbers on MM (three times) with the largest being $28.  That drawing (7/10) I hit $28 because I played the megaplier which was 4.  Looking forward to hitting four and five numbers, it's just a matter of time.

please tell us mm/PB >> bout POWERBALL?

U must B sucksuccesful w/hudge JackPot$?

Do U "GET" moe 4/UR "money" w/powerball

PartyDanceParty

Jack-in-the-Box

Columbus, Ohio
                United States
                Member #128906
                June 5, 2012
                591 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2012, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Last night sucked, I hit just one number (total) out of 5 lines.  I couldn't even hit the megaball, I had 30, 32, 33 and 34... the megaball was 37.  Oh well, I'm in for PB tonight=)

Revised July Numbers

Won $63

Expenses $87

Profit -$24

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #92330
                  June 5, 2010
                  887 Posts
                  Posted: August 4, 2012, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Yea I was just done with MM as the jackpot got hit.

I ended up with 3 and 48 but that's it. Had 57 but 56 and 58 were drawn. Looks like my "luck" is carrying over.

Inland Empire
                    United States
                    Member #118116
                    October 22, 2011
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: August 4, 2012, 1:14 am - IP Logged

Strange enough, I've been hitting exactly two numbers for last...eight weeks. That's about 18 draws. No mega number, though.

Columbus, Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #128906
                      June 5, 2012
                      591 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2012, 6:13 am - IP Logged

I just hit again last night... 2, 38 and 46

($21 total because the megaplier is 3)

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: August 4, 2012, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Well if you are so sure and consistent on 3/5 then maybe you should consider a 3 number power wheel.

Shyt, the lost time i won 3/5 in MM, it was a VERY long time ago.

Inland Empire
                          United States
                          Member #118116
                          October 22, 2011
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2012, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

It's so frustrating that I wanna cry. I hit two numbers...Again. For 19th times straight. I am so sick and tired of it. What's the meaning of this? Probably God is a trickster as I suspected.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #92330
                            June 5, 2010
                            887 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2012, 1:48 am - IP Logged

It's so frustrating that I wanna cry. I hit two numbers...Again. For 19th times straight. I am so sick and tired of it. What's the meaning of this? Probably God is a trickster as I suspected.

I just got on to look at the numbers, thinking "which number hit tonight". It was 55 that did it, the streak was so close to ending...

Columbus, Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #128906
                              June 5, 2012
                              591 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2012, 5:46 am - IP Logged

Haven't hit anything in the past few drawings, doesn't matter... I'll still keep playing